Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Possible mod team
Possible mod team
Sep 6 2007, 12:54 am
By: Fyrinite
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Sep 7 2007, 8:23 pm dumbducky Post #21

I'd join in if I could, but admittedly I have any credentials.

http://skydrive.live.com/
SkyDrive for file uploading, Live Messenger for meetings?

tits

Sep 7 2007, 9:50 pm Fyrinite Post #22

Out of curiositty, how many of you would do 3d modeling? I need to make sure I have enough people to do that.

None.

Sep 8 2007, 2:21 am Symmetry Post #23

Dungeon Master

http://www.maplantis.org/index.php?topic=1588;skip=0

Try and recruit that guy.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Sep 8 2007, 2:51 am Corbo Post #24

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

I'll do my best with modelling, DoA.

fuck you all

Sep 8 2007, 3:11 am Twitch Post #25

Well for programming and testing I can help.I know visual basic and am learning c++.Also I can always test anything needed.

None.

Sep 8 2007, 7:53 am Fyrinite Post #26

Ok. Here's the deal. I need to get this started, but my personal situation is not good. So, here's the plan. I'm going to open up applications now. Basically, here's the different positions.

Leaders
Graphic Designers
Modification Designers
Modification Editor
Plugin Programmer

Graphic Designer and Modificaiton Editor can have any subgroup or speciality you can come up with. Programmers should know c++ and have willingness to learn assembly. I need another leader to help me out with things. Grahphic designers will have to prove themselves.

To apply, send me an email with your nickname and site on which that is used, position applying for, and either attach or link to your credential item(s). You can choose a particular point to focus on, such as 3d animation, or iscript modding.
As for the items:
For grahpics, pieces of work. For modders, show me a mod. For programmers, nothing, I'll send you a test. For the mod design, also have something special. Leader has to have some proof that you'll make things go. The leader should also be well spoken as they might have to take over some communications stuff.

I was going to write up nice submissions, but this will work for now. I'm being rushed, and this is something that I wish didn't have to happen.

For communicaitons, I'm going to rely on msn right now, and perhaps create ONE other thread here.

Final note. This is not some cheap submission plan though. You have to really prove to me you want to work with me. Be verbose, and show me things. I'm going to take you because you're qualified, not because you're the only one. If things work out the way I want them to, this team will be a desired position and will be very noteworthy. Also, those with me are sure to be pioneers into sc2 modding, since I'm going to make the shift as soon as possible.

Also, mention this as many places as possible. I'm really busy, so I'm relying on you to take it to all the other sites, such as WB, ML, and so on. And, just so you know, apart from leadership, there'll be no restriction on the number of people.

If/when I get time, I'll get formal written submission templates created, along with the type of content I'm looking for. Untill then, you guys get lucky and can determine for yourselves.

email - renegade_2395@yahoo.com, subject - mod team application - (nickname)

GOGOGO!

None.

Sep 8 2007, 8:38 pm Ermac Post #27

k, it sounds like you really have some great ideas or something if you're going this big, but don't u think people should atleast have some basic idea about what the project will be before applying? ;P

I'd gladly help out with variuos graphics, if i have time though ; )

None.

Sep 9 2007, 1:03 am DT_Battlekruser Post #28

Quote from DiscipleOfAdun
Out of curiositty, how many of you would do 3d modeling? I need to make sure I have enough people to do that.

Yeah, good luck finding a modeling team.

I never could find that..

None.

Sep 9 2007, 3:24 am jetfusion Post #29

Hey i am interested i will e-mail you
Hey i can create a site real quick with a simple forums for ya and we can use that....

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Sep 9 2007, 4:02 am by jetfusion.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 6:11 am Fyrinite Post #30

For those who are curious, as long as blizzard doesn't have a problem, the currently plannd project is an implementation of several new things from SC2. Note, there is no way to do everything...but there's a large amount we can do. However, if that falls through due to legal issues, I've got a complete TC planned out that still uses several sc2 ideas, but will be impossible to have legal issues that the first idea would have.

So, here's a bit more. To have a proper submission, choose only one position for now. There needs to be at least a paragraph about what you can do related to that. Then, list all other valuable skills you have that would be good to know.

I'll review it and contact you afterward. Sending me a messenger contact (AIM, Y!, MSN, ICQ) would be a big plus, so I have a way directly.

EDIT

Ermac, you should get in touch with me. I've already seen your 3d work...

Also, Corbo is going to be helping me out. So his word holds some value. Don't let it get too much though. :P

For everyone else, my IM contact info. MSN and Yahoo! are gotten from my email. If you need AIM or ICQ, email me...as I don't use them as much.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 9 2007, 6:33 am by DiscipleOfAdun.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 6:43 am Corbo Post #31

Yeah well, I know I can manage to be really hostile sometimes specially with Excalibur.

First things first.
Excalibur, I'm sorry to have picked it on you I guess I really shouldn't have done that sometimes it was really just for fun but for some reason you got mad and made me pissed off also.

I promise I won't be hostile with anyone :P

fuck you all

Sep 9 2007, 8:35 am SubFocus Post #32

Bah... I don't really have alot of time to prove myself... Then again I wouldn't have alot of time to work on the team...

I don't know, I don't suppose there's any kind of part time job I could do? I mean, I have school, I have a job now, and I have lots of friends outside of the computer now, it's hard to balance things out...

But I want to be a part of something big like this.

I'll see if I can finish something rough of my mod to get things going...

None.

Sep 9 2007, 6:43 pm jetfusion Post #33

Ok ummm i have created a site for you guys if you don't mind...... because i am bored (yes it is free hosting so funky name
So talk to me

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 9 2007, 7:00 pm by jetfusion.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 8:55 pm Corbo Post #34

Quote from SubFocus
Bah... I don't really have alot of time to prove myself... Then again I wouldn't have alot of time to work on the team...

I don't know, I don't suppose there's any kind of part time job I could do? I mean, I have school, I have a job now, and I have lots of friends outside of the computer now, it's hard to balance things out...

But I want to be a part of something big like this.

I'll see if I can finish something rough of my mod to get things going...
What is it with modders getting lives lately?
Anyway I guess you could always be some of those 1 hit wonder Artist that come in once in a while and pwn the currently working artists :P
You still have to pass the DoA test that believe me it's hard :P

AT JF: What's the site and what features? Maybe we could use some of the source code and host it somewhere.
Link us, please.

fuck you all

Sep 9 2007, 9:26 pm jetfusion Post #35

i took da easy way out and used an editor :P so i am not sure how that'll work..........right now it expires in 30 days so you can just use the current host if its any good and get more features :P

Heres the link
You have to e-mail me your username n pass that you want so i can enter it into da database to get into forums :P
E-mail is peoples94@hotmail.com

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 9 2007, 9:51 pm by jetfusion.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 9:30 pm A_of-s_t Post #36

aka idmontie

Id like to say that I am a 3D Modeller, but I have my own project going. So, 3D modellers do exist, they are just busy :P .

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Sep 9 2007, 10:41 pm FlyingHat Post #37

I'd like to join the team. If I need to prove myself then expect a decent 5 minute mod :P .

My modding skills are kinda spread out, GRP's there, a good amount DatEditing there, some iscript, grafting (Thank you DoA for your godly Firegraft!), and others.

Note: I can't do AI. But A_of-s_t said a while ago that he used to work with AI.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 10:44 pm A_of-s_t Post #38

aka idmontie

Quote from FlyingHat
I'd like to join the team. If I need to prove myself then expect a decent 5 minute mod :P .
My modding skills are kinda spread out, GRP's there, a good amount DatEditing there, some iscript, and others.
Note: I can't do AI. But A_of-s_t said a while ago that he used to work with AI.
That I do.

If you need help (but not a huge problem), I'm good with:
GRPs
3D Modelling
AI
New Concept Ideas
Hex RESEARCH (not actually editting anything)

So... yeah.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Sep 9 2007, 11:01 pm jetfusion Post #39

Fire graft doesn't even work with the new patch if it does could you8 give me vers o link to get it and tell me how -.-

None.

Sep 9 2007, 11:07 pm A_of-s_t Post #40

aka idmontie

Quote from jetfusion
Fire graft doesn't even work with the new patch if it does could you8 give me vers o link to get it and tell me how -.-
Just downgrade and go to podulosk or Mould... Apparently you are not the best of modders if you don't want to downgrade to play a good modification :P .

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum