Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Possible mod team
Possible mod team
Sep 6 2007, 12:54 am
By: Fyrinite
Pages: 1 2 3 >

Sep 6 2007, 12:54 am Fyrinite Post #1

Hey everyone. Since things are looking good right now, I'm considering the possibility of createing a mod team. However, I'm not so sure if I want to, depending on the amount of interest I might get in it.

If you'd consider joining, post here with a very clear statement that you would or wouldn't. If I get enough response to make it worth my while, I'll go ahead and do it.

btw, the thing that I'm most worried about is a place to have team communication, store files that are in progress, and have web pages about modifications. If anyone can help me out here, PM me or talk to me on MSN.

None.

Sep 6 2007, 1:06 am Corbo Post #2

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Hello, I'm Corbo.

You can count me in.

You should probably make auditions before selecting people :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 6 2007, 1:16 am by Corbo.

fuck you all

Sep 6 2007, 1:24 am WoAHorde Post #3

Corboland and MSN would be great for communication.

Count me in.

None.

Sep 6 2007, 1:27 am Laser Dude Post #4

I'm in. Why not just set up an invisionfree forum?

None.

Sep 6 2007, 1:28 am WoAHorde Post #5

Corboland is an invisionfree forum :P

None.

Sep 6 2007, 1:29 am Fyrinite Post #6

The main reason is I would like to have a centralized place for everything. The point is having a single spot for communication, downloads, mod pages, and such would be better than a fourm here, an ftp there, and so on.

None.

Sep 6 2007, 1:49 am Lord Agamemnon Post #7

Magical-Girl Enabler

Unfortunately, I'll have to sit this one out...I've got a couple projects lined up as is, and I've got a senior year of high school with a ton of homework ahead of me. Sorry, guys.

None.

Sep 6 2007, 2:38 am SubFocus Post #8

This is what I've wanted to do all along.

You should make application forms hehehe.

Name: SubFocus

Abilities: *.dat editting, iscript.bin editting, *.grp artist (and rated pretty good too), rough grafting skills, concept artist, writer (I write above my grade level), and pretty much just your Jack Of All Trades.

Internet time available: 1+ hours a day.

Just a quick example. But yes. I would like to join

None.

Sep 6 2007, 4:00 am Andman3000 Post #9

I wouldn't mind helping a tiny bit. Like doing a few units here and there. Nothing full time tho.

I still have to do work on SOW and SWTC.

I think xbox live and msn would be great.

None.

Sep 6 2007, 4:59 am Twitch Post #10

Well before I offer help what are you needing a mod team for if its another mod program testing team I AM IN :D.

None.

Sep 6 2007, 6:10 am Fyrinite Post #11

This is just to see who's interested. I'm going to have an application and such later.

btw, the main project deals with some of the stuff from sc2. still hammering out some basic stuff though...

None.

Sep 6 2007, 7:25 am Corbo Post #12

Yeah well you can attach stuff on corboland too :P Just below 16MBs :P

fuck you all

Sep 6 2007, 7:51 am Excalibur Post #13

The sword and the faith

Ill get back to you on this.
Im interested but i have my first day of school today, and so if after the first week it looks like ill have enough time to devote to this, ill join in.

Great idea btw DoA. :mudkip:

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Sep 6 2007, 10:39 am who Post #14

i could join... i can do .dat editing and some iscript editing

None.

Sep 6 2007, 9:03 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #15

👻 👾 👽 💪

Hmm. I could help set up some sort of online database where you can store and download files and keep track of who has them... Although I don't think you'd want me to actually host it as my server is really slow... :P
It shouldn't be hard to throw such a thing together...

And to not take CorboboLand out of the question, I may be too lazy to actually do discussion areas and topics. :P

Also I can do *.bin dialog editing, if you'd like, although I probably wouldn't be the best for the actual graphical portion of the menus (I can, however, work from "template" images if someone provided me with them; I'm just not a major graphical artist.)

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Sep 6 2007, 9:42 pm SubFocus Post #16

So how many responses will it take to be "enough" for the demand to be high enough to get this thing going?

None.

Sep 7 2007, 12:17 am Fyrinite Post #17

It comes down to this. I need enough modders, graphics people, and programmers to make this a team where nobody has one incredibly difficult and time-consuming job unless they want it.

Second, I have 2 possible projects. The more desirable one basically requires notifying blizzard and avoiding legal problems, since it deals with sc2 stuff. If that falls through, I've got something else though, just as complicated and such, but not as noteable.

None.

Sep 7 2007, 2:31 am Corbo Post #18

Sounds challenging, I like it.

fuck you all

Sep 7 2007, 4:04 am SubFocus Post #19

Hmmm. Me getting stuck with making a ground unit again would be too painful. As you have discovered, I'm kinda un-reliable for huge effort taking tasks like a ground unit *.grp. But I'm still willing to apply effort, just not THAT much. But I could still try for Air Unit graphics. I might change my mind down the road once this project takes flight and I really get motivation.

Sounds like a great idea.

None.

Sep 7 2007, 9:26 am Excalibur Post #20

The sword and the faith

All right.
Ive checked out my schedule, what my homework load should be, and how much spare time i have.

Admittedly it isnt much.

In any case i do have a few spare hours every day that i could put into GRP making. Protoss/Terran air units and Terran/Protoss buildings. Im working on a new building style at the moment, we may be able to use some of them depending on what your going for.

However id personally rather not do some SC2 focused Mod. Its rather dull IMO.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Options
Pages: 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum