Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Descent of Heaven
Descent of Heaven
Apr 5 2008, 7:31 pm
By: BiOAtK  

Apr 5 2008, 7:31 pm BiOAtK Post #1

Warning: This contains DotA aspects. If you are narrow-minded, a hard-ass, an idiot, or JordanN, please get the fuck out. Thank you.

Descent of Heaven

• New DotA - RPGesq style
  • Choose your side
  • Amazing terrain
  • Complete quests for new abilities
  • Summon demons and angels
  • Quest for all sides
  • Four factions, all waring

Story:
It is the year 2012. Three warring factions, the Angelic, Jesuits and Satanic are locked in a power struggle over the capital of Brittania, neutral in the constant wars between the Angelic, primarily angels, the Jesuits, primarily composed of Humans, and the Satanic, primarily composed of Demons. However, Brittania wishes to remain neutral in religion, and fights back. The result is an epic battle of the not-so-pure angels, the vicious demons, pious humans, and an atheistic mix of demons, humans and angels that wish to protect their lack of religion.

Gameplay:
The players do quests for certain factions (eliminating some objective, getting some powerful item, etc) and in return get lower hatred from the faction that you quested for, and higher hatred points for other factions, particularly the faction you did something against. Every character has a few random starting abilities. The higher your hatred goes, that faction will increasingly be hostile. Not giving you quests, and eventually all-out attacking you. Your hatred goes down gradually, however.
The four players are human ghosts, starting in the Atheists' encampment. However, they can do quests for any of the four factions to get powerful items, abilities, or upgrades, corresponding to the faction you quest for. Angels primarily give defensive abilities, Demons offensive abilities, Jesuits all-around abilities and Atheists healing abilities. Who will you fight for?

Screenies:

This is loosely the paths the units will follow in the AotR aspect. The red is the main bases, while the blue are the minor. Every faction, except the Atheists, in the center,
have a secondary base.

This is most of the overall map look. Likely?

This is a closeup of a piece of terrain in the upper right-hand corner. I think it's great! =]

Credits:
Anonymous for Unit Placement, Story Line, Naming, General Management =p
SpaceBoy2k/Kwan for Triggers and location, and helping with the story line =]
LoveLess for Terrain. <3

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 6 2008, 1:47 pm by Anonymous.

None.

Apr 5 2008, 7:38 pm lil-Inferno Post #2

Just here for the pie

Sounds excellent, but if you have like, highest hatred to a faction, will they do things like send guys out to hunt you down? Also, screenshots please, noone seems to be able to follow that rule :( .

EDIT: Never mind, I see screenies now.

Apr 5 2008, 7:38 pm BiOAtK Post #3

There are screenshots. And yes, assassins are something we plan to implement =]

None.

Apr 6 2008, 1:03 am lil-Inferno Post #4

Just here for the pie

Quote from Anonymous
There are screenshots. And yes, assassins are something we plan to implement =]
Sounds cool. Will there be something like patrolling computers so you can fight alongside them? You're probably already doing this but, a cool feature would be an ability you get from each faction if you have their highest respect. Such a thing would be like the Angel ability would be something like Christ Barricade (LoL) and it would make a burrowed zerg unit with constant 100% hp, and your character is invincible for the time, but the enemy units attack the burrowed unit so it still looks like they are attacking you. The effect would wear off after a while.

Apr 6 2008, 1:10 am BiOAtK Post #5

If you didn't know, it's basically Satan versus God versus Jesus.
Remember in the Bible where Satan offers 'all the kingdoms on earth?' Well, he accepts in this game. ;D
And do you know what AotR is?

None.

Apr 6 2008, 1:27 am lil-Inferno Post #6

Just here for the pie

Quote from Anonymous
And do you know what AotR is?
I'm afraid not.

Apr 6 2008, 1:45 am BiOAtK Post #7

!
Well, there are factions, controlled by comps. The players are heros, usually fighting for a faction they choose at the beginning. The computers automatically spawn enemies and attack eachothers' bases. A good, balanced AotR is a stalemate without any players.

None.

Apr 6 2008, 2:01 am lil-Inferno Post #8

Just here for the pie

Ohh, I knew what they were, I just didn't know what the whole AotR thing was.

Apr 6 2008, 1:43 pm Centreri Post #9

Relatively ancient and inactive

Err.. that's traditionally called an AoS, not an AotR, as far as I know. What does it stand for?

Nice-sounding map, can't wait to play it, by the way :P.

None.

Apr 6 2008, 1:47 pm BiOAtK Post #10

Oops, I took it from the name of Starwars - AotR, which is a DotA map.
I'll fix it ;D

None.

Apr 8 2008, 1:04 am Riney Post #11

Thigh high affectionado

How can you call this DotAish, it doesnt sound shitty. ;o

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Apr 11 2008, 9:10 pm BiOAtK Post #12

Quote from Dark_Marine_123
How can you call this DotAish, it doesnt sound shitty. ;o
Well, I tried to veer off the DotA and actually mix it up a little with some RPG stuff.
Glad it sounds good =]

None.

Options
  Back to forum