Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Twilight Crap
Twilight Crap
Sep 5 2007, 4:30 am
By: Jello-Jigglers  

Sep 5 2007, 4:30 am Jello-Jigglers Post #1

Haha TF- motivated me to try the twilight tileset and this is all i have to show for myself after twenty minutes :lol:

Docking Bays:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee21/Jello-Jigglers/Twilight/VerticalPorts.png
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee21/Jello-Jigglers/Twilight/HorizontalPorts.png
(I picked this out of TF-'s recent work. Thanks TF-! :) )

Random Doodad Combinations:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee21/Jello-Jigglers/Twilight/Combinations.png
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee21/Jello-Jigglers/Twilight/DoubleCave.png

Haha a pile of chit but it's what I got lol :P

------

K here's the first thing I could really come up with and as you can see it's got problems... But not all of it is trash cause I made a few discrete discoveries ^^
Twilight:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee21/Jello-Jigglers/Twilight/Landscape1.png

This is more of a progress marker, not a "rate me" or "tell me what to do" pic :)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 18 2007, 3:38 am by Jello-Jigglers.

None.

Sep 5 2007, 7:48 am JaFF Post #2

Not as bad as you make it sound.

None.

Sep 5 2007, 8:03 am TF- Post #3

🤙ðŸ¾

Hey that's a pretty good start, maybe we'll clean up twilight's act yet. :)

🤙ðŸ¾

Sep 5 2007, 1:01 pm Falkoner Post #4

Lol, all they really are is combining doodads or using sprites, that's my problem with twilight, you can't make good stacked cliffs, and most doodads don't even have a mirror.

None.

Sep 5 2007, 1:10 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #5

Haha well the only good doodad is the double cave and thats the best it gets... I liked the water thing with the two sprites because the sprites look like they belong there :lol: But I'll do some more exploration with this tileset later today probably :)

None.

Sep 6 2007, 5:36 am Jello-Jigglers Post #6

K here's the first thing I could really come up with and as you can see it's got problems... But not all of it is trash cause I made a few discrete discoveries ^^

Twilight:

This is more of a progress marker, not a "rate me" or "tell me what to do" pic :)

None.

Sep 6 2007, 5:55 am dark_templar_99 Post #7

Skinny Bridge
High To Low Terrain
I like you're terrain, here are some i did a long time ago.

None.

Sep 6 2007, 12:54 pm Falkoner Post #8

The only one I really enjoyed out of those was the High to Low terrain, sorry Jello, but that one is a bit too blocky, and not much of a transition as it isn't walkable, and the skinny bridge is unwalkable(I'm assuming) AND blocky, while the middle of the transition is blocky, I'm sure that could easily be fixed.

None.

Sep 6 2007, 1:10 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #9

wo wo wo, it is all walkable! And I'm working on it lol :) I've got some really good ideas going and I'm probably gonna get to test them after school today :D

Dark, you've got some nice terrain yourself :) Good job!

None.

Sep 6 2007, 11:54 pm RoryFenrir Post #10

on your first post its just 2 doodads that are the exaclt same put next to eachother. You could practicly do that with regular staredit.

None.

Sep 7 2007, 1:44 am Jello-Jigglers Post #11

on your first post its just 2 doodads that are the exaclt same put next to eachother. You could practicly do that with regular staredit.

Haha nice try but no ^^ It really does use other tiles but thanks for the complement then seeing as I must have used the perfect tiles you couldn't even tell :D

Black
Light Red
Red
Dark Red
Blue
Light Blue
Grey
Green
Light Green
Yellow
Light Yellow

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Sep 12 2007, 7:20 pm by Jello-Jigglers.

None.

Sep 7 2007, 2:04 am Falkoner Post #12

I made a few custom blends for Random Quest RPG, I guess I can go ahead and post them up :P

None.

Sep 7 2007, 2:59 am Jello-Jigglers Post #13

Are they Twilight? If so make a Twilight topic and I'll post mine 2 :)

None.

Sep 7 2007, 10:39 pm RoryFenrir Post #14

Quote from Jello-Jigglers
Haha nice try but no ^^ It really does use other tiles but thanks for the complement then seeing as I must have used the perfect tiles you couldn't even tell :D

Oh ya i see how you used other tiles for those, i guess i was wrong that you just copy and pasted 2 doodads next to eachother. Oh wait, it is just copy and pasted like i said. This look familiar?

nice try

None.

Sep 7 2007, 10:41 pm Falkoner Post #15

He added a few tiles, but in the end all it really did was make it slightly more blocky... :/

None.

Sep 8 2007, 12:11 am Jello-Jigglers Post #16

Oh ya i see how you used other tiles for those, i guess i was wrong that you just copy and pasted 2 doodads next to eachother. Oh wait, it is just copy and pasted like i said. This look familiar?

nice try

Uh yeah idk what your talking about seeing as neither of those doodads are up there... Good effort though! ;)
Plus thats old news so try finding something wrong with something thats new ^^

None.

Sep 8 2007, 12:47 am RoryFenrir Post #17

Quote from Jello-Jigglers
Uh yeah idk what your talking about seeing as neither of those doodads are up there... Good effort though! ;) Plus thats old news so try finding something wrong with something thats new ^^

i know those arent what you did, but its the exact same thing, its just putting 2 of the same doodad together. And its not old news if I still got a problem with it

None.

Sep 8 2007, 1:24 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #18

i know those arent what you did, but its the exact same thing, its just putting 2 of the same doodad together. And its not old news if I still got a problem with it

Well hence the term extended do I need to define it for you? Ok i will:

ex·tend·ed /ɪkˈstɛndɪd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ik-sten-did] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. stretched out: extended wires.
2. continued or prolonged: extended efforts.
Oh wow! Isn't that exactly what I did?... Hmmm yeah it is ;) And I couldn't care less if you've got a problem with it k pal?

None.

Sep 9 2007, 2:14 am Zell. Post #19

Why pay attention to Rory if your just going to argue with him. It makes you look bad. Anyway I liked post #6 because i saw concepts from jungle. Keep working.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 2:47 am Jello-Jigglers Post #20

Sorry idk which topic but i apologized to rory... though I'm not going to change what I said. :)

None.

Options
  Back to forum