Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: [POLL] MMO, what will it be?
[POLL] MMO, what will it be?
Mar 25 2008, 3:10 am
By: Alzarath
Pages: < 1 2 3

Polls
What will the new Blizzard MMO be?
What will the new Blizzard MMO be?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Warcraft 1

2%
None.
Starcraft 20

38%
None.
Diablo 22

42%
None.
Vikings 3

6%
None.
GTA 2

4%
None.
Other 5

10%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 53 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jul 7 2008, 9:07 pm KrayZee Post #41

And how did Grand Theft Auto get on the list? Blizzard didn't make any fraction of the Grand Theft Auto franchise.

None.

Jul 8 2008, 12:36 am Ckol Post #42

WoW2 imo.

They'll release one more expansion after WotLK, then do WoW2

None.

Feb 17 2009, 8:22 pm chuiu Post #43

Blizzards new MMO will be based on what they had accomplished for online play with Starcraft Ghost. There are several different sources that back this rumor up, just google it for all the information.

/bump

PS. Its still just a rumor but before all the WoW people come in here and start saying WoW2 or whatever Blizzard already stated their next MMO will have nothing to do with Warcraft.

None.

Feb 17 2009, 8:48 pm chuiu Post #44

Quote from Esponeo
...Blizzard already stated their next MMO will have nothing to do with Warcraft.
In fact they stated it would be a brand new IP entirely.
Source?

None.

Feb 17 2009, 9:55 pm Syphon Post #45

I remember reading that too, but I can't give a source either.

I hope it's something steampunk.

None.

Feb 17 2009, 11:15 pm Zycorax Post #46

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

If it's being based on SC:G multiplayer, it will probably be a third person shooter MMO; something like Tabula Rasa and Anarchy Online. I just hope it wont suck as much as the previous mentioned ones (Anarchy actually seemed pretty good, but the graphic is way out of date).
Also, from now on I think we should call it Starcraft Online, rather than World of Starcraft. Just because it sounds a helluva lot better :)

Feb 17 2009, 11:23 pm ClansAreForGays Post #47

I still think it was a higher up business douche that didn't know what he was talking about and misspoke.

Feb 18 2009, 1:07 am Echo Post #48

Starcraft is not going to be the new MMO. They won't release a Starcraft MMO until they sell well in SC2.

None.

Feb 18 2009, 1:19 am Lord Malvanis Post #49

A Starcraft MMO would be badass, I'd love to sit and camp people with a rine, or just sit and storm the fuck outta people with a high templar

None.

Feb 18 2009, 9:24 am DevliN Post #50

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yeah, I remember them saying it was going to be set in a completely new universe, so we should expect a new franchise. I can't remember if that was just in the Jobs section of Blizzard or if it was said at BlizzCon/another gaming convention.

I know it isn't a WoW sequel, and I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with SC.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Feb 18 2009, 11:22 am Sael Post #51

Considering that WoW is still growing and pumping something along the lines of $2 billion in revenue each year into Blizzard's coffers (and PC Gamer remarked that it's only cost a scant $200 million to run the servers since 2004 in the March 2009 issue, although that didn't include development costs and the like I'm sure). Still, Blizzard is making a killing off its MMO, and it's going to be a few years yet before they so much as announce a new MMO. If a StarCraft MMO were to come out, I don't think that you'd ever be able to play as the zerg, simply because of how they work as a species. I mean, I guess Blizzard could make it work, but it would have to break some of the lore they've already created in the StarCraft universe to make anything even kind of resembling a modern MMO.

None.

Feb 18 2009, 6:39 pm Black Knight Post #52

Diablo, a Starcraft MMO would be too weird, because most MMO's do not have guns. Maybe a Starcraft FPS(first person shooter, aka starcraft : ghost)

None.

Feb 19 2009, 7:18 am DevliN Post #53

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

We already know it isn't Diablo. :P

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Feb 19 2009, 10:03 pm EzDay281 Post #54

(first person shooter, aka starcraft : ghost)
A. "aka" means "also known as". We do not know Quake 3 to be in the "starcraft : ghost" genre of games.
B. Starcraft: Ghost was going to be a third-person shooter.

Yeah, I remember them saying it was going to be set in a completely new universe, so we should expect a new franchise.
Sooource? D:

None.

Feb 19 2009, 10:13 pm Echo Post #55

If Starcraft was to be an MMO, it wouldn't be like Starcraft, as in being a reaver, high templar, etc. It would most likely be like how Warcraft became WoW. Only few units were used, but there are no footmen, or any other units. It would most likely be some infantries from each race. It wouldn't work well with Zerg, unless infested.

MMO's aren't only about swords and spell casting. If Starcraft was made into an MMO, it would most likely one up generic MMOs.

None.

Feb 22 2009, 2:24 pm BlueFalcon Post #56

I remember reading the whole new LP somewhere too...

New fantasy if I remember correctly... we shall see? If they develop it now, it'll be out just in time to kill off a dying wow...

None.

Feb 22 2009, 5:14 pm Lt.Church Post #57

if its a 'new franchise' it better not be warcraft WITH NEW SPECIES!! :ermm:

a boy can dream it wasnt an april fools joke :-(

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum