Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: The BIG great SC 3D modelling thread
The BIG great SC 3D modelling thread
Mar 23 2008, 8:40 pm
By: Corbo
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 79 >

Jul 20 2008, 8:39 pm IskatuMesk Post #81

Lord of the Locker Room

hi

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Jul 20 2008, 10:03 pm NexY Post #82

@IskatuMesk: I love your work. ^^ Teach me!? I have 3ds Max 2009 and its oh so very confusing. D:

*hopes for a yes D:*!

:wallbash:

None.

Jul 20 2008, 11:42 pm IskatuMesk Post #83

Lord of the Locker Room

I modeled these in maya. I don't know shit about max, honestly. I just use it to render.

These are all extrudes and manual vertex manipulation, pretty basic stuff.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Jul 20 2008, 11:58 pm Corbo Post #84

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Mesk :P

Don't worry it isn't even nearly done, I wouldn't ruin the ship like that :P
It took a while to render I have to say... like 18 minutes or so..

fuck you all

Jul 21 2008, 12:31 am NirvanaJung Post #85

Quote from NexY
@IskatuMesk: I love your work. ^^ Teach me!? I have 3ds Max 2009 and its oh so very confusing. D:
3ds max probably one of most an easy 3d application to start 3d art ,and if you start with Maya it could much confusing when you see first but actualy Maya and 3ds max isnt different much eachother
anyhow most 3d modelling,texturing and rendering processed by same logics and you should know Maya and 3dsmax they are
upgrading features by interactioned eachother Since Maya be sold to Autodesk Which the parent company of 3dsmax
so i suggest you just start with anything as you want if u confusing to use 3dsmax or Maya just searching sort of Videos Tutorials
YouTube.com there are many VTs to start or learn for Beginers and intermediate

None.

Jul 21 2008, 12:38 am NirvanaJung Post #86

Quote from Corbo
Mesk :P

Don't worry it isn't even nearly done, I wouldn't ruin the ship like that :P
It took a while to render I have to say... like 18 minutes or so..
u can modelling at least, I thought you just use MS paint
anyways.. that model thing is....ah.... :rolleyes: welll.... :unsure: you know.....:bored: what is that ? :P

None.

Jul 21 2008, 1:41 am Ardis Post #87

My stuff is rather simple in design compared to everyone else's stuff, but I think I'll post a few of my models here. They looked much better in my drawings before I tried to make them in Blender. I can't really do texture work or anything, so I just use the colors for now.

This is an unfinished one, doesn't even have a name yet, but it was started as a joke between me and one of my friends, we jokingly call it the Semi-Mobile Missile Tower. It just needs color right now I think.
Picture

Here's an updated version of the Spire Cruiser that's appearing in my mod whenever I get myself to working on it again.
Picture

This is the GX-3c and it is a hero only unit in my mod, had to redo the legs a lot to get it this way.
Picture

The EFF Zero Bomber, a long-range bomber that is meant to be easy to repair and reload because of its detachable parts and removable missile loading racks.
Picture

Okay, this one is still a work in progress, not even sure if I'm going to keep it looking like this, but it is kind of a recreation of something in my own style. Originally I asked RazorClawX for permission to use the Iron Claw sprite from Final Destiny of the VotF series (the one that first inspired me to mod when I was still in seventh grade, maybe sixth, can't remember) and I also asked if there was a copy of the model I could use for cinematics and such for my mod because I was planning to do those at the time. I had never gotten a reply, so after many failed attempts, I have created my own version of the Iron Claw for my mod.
The abomination

None.

Jul 21 2008, 1:41 am NexY Post #88

Quote from NirvanaJung
Quote from NexY
3ds max probably one of most an easy 3d application to start 3d art ,and if you start with Maya it could much confusing when you see first but actualy Maya and 3ds max isnt different much eachother
anyhow most 3d modelling,texturing and rendering processed by same logics and you should know Maya and 3dsmax they are
upgrading features by interactioned eachother Since Maya be sold to Autodesk Which the parent company of 3dsmax
so i suggest you just start with anything as you want if u confusing to use 3dsmax or Maya just searching sort of Videos Tutorials

I've searched for hours and watched many videos, they seem to assume you know where every button is and what they are called already. I see their mouse to a place and doing stuff, which I try to follow but the end result is a non-working model, while theirs works like a charm. In the end, I seem to have no idea what I did or why I did it. :crazy:

None.

Jul 21 2008, 1:46 am Fisty Post #89

Quote from NexY
Quote from NirvanaJung
Quote from NexY

I've searched for hours and watched many videos, they seem to assume you know where every button is and what they are called already. I see their mouse to a place and doing stuff, which I try to follow but the end result is a non-working model, while theirs works like a charm. In the end, I seem to have no idea what I did or why I did it. :crazy:
I know, that really bugged me. If I could 3d model I might actually be able to get my ideas on paper.

None.

Jul 21 2008, 2:13 am poiuy_qwert Post #90

PyMS and ProTRG developer

I found using blender was easy and there was an online tutorial with pictures, steps, explained almost everything. Try out that for starters in my opinion.

Jul 21 2008, 2:15 am Corbo Post #91

Quote from NirvanaJung
anyways.. that model thing is....ah.... :rolleyes: welll.... :unsure: you know.....:bored: what is that ? :P

Dude, I told you I can use whatever I need to use. I didn't make the model, though. I'm just texturing it. It shouldn't be that hard to make a model like that, though.

Quote from NexY

This feature is your friend:

And when you read all tutorials you can use the Autodesk 3ds Max Help.

fuck you all

Jul 21 2008, 2:19 am IskatuMesk Post #92

Lord of the Locker Room

Corbo > Looks decent so far. Less gradient more plating, perhaps.

Jul 21 2008, 2:22 am NexY Post #93

Quote from Corbo
Quote from NirvanaJung

Dude, I told you I can use whatever I need to use. I didn't make the model, though. I'm just texturing it. It shouldn't be that hard to make a model like that, though.

Quote from NexY

This feature is your friend:

And when you read all tutorials you can use the Autodesk 3ds Max Help.

I was browsing through that, got up to importing objects, it told me to import from a folder that was suppose to come with the install, but there is none D:? I looked around the 3ds Max folder and the one in Documents, no objects exists. Is it really necessary?

None.

Jul 21 2008, 2:25 am Corbo Post #94

Yeah, the gradients are me being stupid. I set the VRAY's to 10000 photons and 200 bounces that's why it looks so lighty and stuff. When it rendered I almost confuse it with some sort of flying mega-mall or something lighty as it. I was just experimenting with vray renderer :D

fuck you all

Jul 21 2008, 2:29 am IskatuMesk Post #95

Lord of the Locker Room

Also, I think NJ is a bit confused. Autodesk was the original owner of Maya and bought 3ds max, who was previously owned by Discreet.

I also find Max's interface to be completely overwhelming.

Jul 21 2008, 2:34 am Corbo Post #96

I don't have a say in this cause I've never played with maya that much. But I find max pretty damm easy to get, I wouldn't know how can it get easier but if you say maya is then I guess you can make it more simple than max. :P

Quote from NexY
I was browsing through that, got up to importing objects, it told me to import from a folder that was suppose to come with the install, but there is none D:? I looked around the 3ds Max folder and the one in Documents, no objects exists. Is it really necessary?
Yes, that's because you didn't buy it and got pirate software.
I um.. I just ignored that when I had downloaded it and still learned like that. I, then, got a legal copy :D
You don't really need all the objects they say. You can just do the tutorials on a sphere or box and you'll be learning and so..

fuck you all

Jul 21 2008, 2:38 am IskatuMesk Post #97

Lord of the Locker Room

Well I've tried to use max for nearly 8 years and never had much success in figuring out the basics. Maya is a little similar to Rhino which is where I made models for ITAS ect in so the transition was a bit rough but doable.

I don't exactly have store-bought max versions but they all contained the tutorial materials.

Jul 21 2008, 2:43 am NexY Post #98

Quote from Corbo
I don't have a say in this cause I've never played with maya that much. But I find max pretty damm easy to get, I wouldn't know how can it get easier but if you say maya is then I guess you can make it more simple than max. :P

Quote from NexY
Yes, that's because you didn't buy it and got pirate software.
I um.. I just ignored that when I had downloaded it and still learned like that. I, then, got a legal copy :D
You don't really need all the objects they say. You can just do the tutorials on a sphere or box and you'll be learning and so..

Ok, thanks. Did you buy it or got it from someone? :boxed:

None.

Jul 21 2008, 2:46 am Corbo Post #99

A teacher which has a license for multiple installations for his architecture firm gave it to make cause I'm an awesome student ^^
If you really have more questions which you shouldn't have with the tutorials you can add me on msn.

fuck you all

Jul 21 2008, 2:51 am NexY Post #100

Luck You! D: Thanks! :yahoo:

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 79 >
  Back to forum