Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: B.net?
B.net?
Sep 4 2007, 12:24 am
By: MadZombie
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Sep 9 2007, 10:52 pm JamaL Post #21

Boo-hoo. Ruin my fun, have-to-click-on-image-for-full-size.

What I said is this...

A good melee ranking system. I'd actually like something simple, like the ladder that Starcraft used to have.

None.

Sep 10 2007, 12:08 am RIVE Post #22

Just Here For The Pie

A cooler animated background then WCIII's. If they can't do that, then no background sounds like in WCIII. I just always seem to have found it annoying. Also, it'd be great if they had Ladder for every sever. I miss playing Ladder games with all my Ladder gaming buddies.

None.

Sep 10 2007, 10:57 am xgmx Post #23

bring back ladder!

None.

Sep 10 2007, 1:10 pm Lt.Church Post #24

My list

1.Better Anti Hack
2.Faster download speeds, seriously i dont wanna take like 4+minutes for a 1meg file,thats insane when normally it only takes like 10-20seconds(depending on server)
3.Ladder on non-Euro servers
4.something more along the lines of the original starcraft B.NET and NOT like the SC2 campaign, too time to click through glowing screens for different options
5.scrollable text ingame, like the chat log included in other games
6.Ability to disable win/loss/tie for melee maps so you can fool around without having to put it in the UMS list
7.6r latency filter, man those games are annoying you cant join um but you gotta see them.

None.

Sep 10 2007, 8:38 pm Dr. Shotgun Post #25

Voice. Chat.

None.

Sep 11 2007, 1:31 am purple100 Post #26

I hate those games on Battle.net that have maximum latency and were created several hours before you log in. They stay on the list, despite the fact that they are completely inactive. I'm not even sure if they are even open. The previously mentioned latency filters and auto-close features would be REALLY appreciated.

None.

Sep 11 2007, 2:34 pm Evien Post #27

Quote from purple100
I hate those games on Battle.net that have maximum latency and were created several hours before you log in. They stay on the list, despite the fact that they are completely inactive. I'm not even sure if they are even open. The previously mentioned latency filters and auto-close features would be REALLY appreciated.

They are some bug what happens when creating game or something, I've seen one of these game "joinable, but latency" and creator was on channel.

And more on-topic: I would love lat. filters and if-there-are-korean-letters-in-game-name-filter. Blizzard also said somewhere that everyone must press start to start game (melee), better version of it: "If host has been over 5 minutes idle, host rigths are given to some other player and he can kick host and go"

None.

Sep 11 2007, 2:52 pm purple100 Post #28

That reminds me. It would be nice of them to package the game with a UTF-16 font that included the Korean characters so that games with Korean in the titles and text would appear Korean instead of random ASCII characters.

None.

Sep 11 2007, 5:40 pm Lt.Church Post #29

Quote from Doktor Shotgun
Voice. Chat.

or, you could use ventrilo? :}

None.

Sep 11 2007, 9:39 pm Greo Post #30

Quote from ClansAreForGays
-removal of any and all clan support
Yes, someone who has the right idea!

None.

Sep 11 2007, 9:44 pm Dr. Shotgun Post #31

Quote from Lt.Church
Quote from Doktor Shotgun
Voice. Chat.

or, you could use ventrilo? :}

I use TeamSpeak, but it's not good for casual games.

None.

Sep 12 2007, 1:23 am Matt Burch Post #32

To make download speeds faster, I think they should have the map, when you create it, upload to their database, then you download from there, having it a LOT faster, because you are getting it straight from them, and not from someone elses comp.

Ventrilo is awesome :)

Yea, screw the clans, make squads or something related to SC :)

None.

Sep 12 2007, 1:37 am UnholyUrine Post #33

- Faster DL Speed
- Better clanning system
- that [up one level] thing should be on top
- Personal avatars?
- DL reading 0 and 100

None.

Sep 12 2007, 3:05 am MadZombie Post #34

Quote from O)Matt_Burch
Yea, screw the clans, make squads or something related to SC :)
..factions? or maybe guilds? ...dominions? hmm o.O

None.

Sep 12 2007, 4:21 am MasterJohnny Post #35

Shared Hosting??? (A system of hosting that is not flawed like the wc3 one where there is the custom kick exploit)

I am a Mathematician

Sep 12 2007, 5:24 am Kyuubi. Post #36

Even though it's wc3, the chat features and such aren't all that bad. Chat icons, and a level system for winning, fancy text and profiles, and sc2 clans would be nice. I bet if sc2 clans were to come out, most of us would migrate the wc3 bots to sc2.. I think they'll also try to implement their starcraft league thing in this too...or at least try to improve it... it failed here...

None.

Sep 12 2007, 5:29 am Moogle Post #37

Predator of Bed Chambers

I heard a rumour that b.net going to be P2P for starcraft II. =/

If all else fails, crowbar the fucker

Sep 12 2007, 6:00 am Kyuubi. Post #38

it's just a rumor, but i'll doubt it'll be p2p for a game that plays on bnet. bet it'll be like wc3 being released the first day it came out...costing $60-70 and crap..

None.

Sep 12 2007, 3:42 pm Sael Post #39

B.net had better be the juiciest online gaming service ever because Blizzard has raked in billions (yes billions) over WoW.

Voice chat is a must (even in channels?). Maybe some extras like in Battlefield 2 would also be nice. The best thing about b.net is its stability. Relic Online basically ruined my Company of Heroes experience after a few months.

None.

Sep 13 2007, 8:07 pm Lt.Church Post #40

for the "clan" wise hting it would mostlikely go like this

Terran: Factions
Protoss:Clan
Zerg:Brood

and since humans USED to have real clans and protoss seem to be in the communal spirit of clans, 2/3 makes sense XD

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum