Feb 24 2008, 6:32 pm chuiu Post #41

I can fix that for you:

http://www.firefox.com

None.

Feb 24 2008, 6:47 pm InsolubleFluff Post #42

Quote from chui
I can fix that for you:

I have firefox but I prefer to use IE for no particular reasons, so why should we put up with ignorance that says FF should be the only working browser, I am sure IP has his preferences as to what browser he uses, but I (to my knowledge) consider him to be fair to all browsers in that he has been editing it to work for each browser. So please, be a little bit more inciteful then some smart ass comment leading to firefox, especially seeing as I have firefox and see nothing that's even remotely significantly better to want to permenant switch my default browser.

None.

Feb 24 2008, 7:04 pm Test Post #43

The new skin with all of the green and purple is needs a LOT of work. And the skin=3, doesn't look that bad. Over all I still prefer the original skin by a VERY long shot.

Anyway here's what I think needs improving on at first glance, on the new default skin:
  • Get rid of the hideous purple links.
  • The navigational menu does not look good.
  • Make the background image hover for all items on the navigational menu or none at all.
  • Make the user options at the top right bigger and more noticeable.
  • Is that a link? :unsure: They're all white!
  • The PMs link by the user options does not jump out too good.
  • Why do guests have the configure option in the menu?
  • Purple links are ugly.
  • Lots of menu items show for guests but don't even work. Leading to a Critical Error page.
  • It says I'm a guest on the portal page even though I am in fact logged in.
  • background colors, title colors, and menu colors don't match well.
  • The grey description color for the current page of the directory the user is in does not match with the green behind it.
  • Purple links are ugly.
  • Ajax box got screwed over.
  • Collapsable button is crammed in the top right corner of the title box instead of a padding.
  • Background for the report pop-up is gone.
Apart from the banner, everything looks like it needs a lot more work. Did I mention the purple is hideous?

Mac versions of:
Safari 3.0.4
Firefox 2.0.0.11

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Feb 24 2008, 8:04 pm by Test.

None.

Feb 24 2008, 7:13 pm Sael Post #44

I got a new PM, but the box in the upper left corner of the screen redirected me to staredit.net instead of my PM box.

None.

Feb 24 2008, 7:42 pm chuiu Post #45

Quote from Shocko
Quote from chui
I can fix that for you:

I have firefox but I prefer to use IE for no particular reasons, so why should we put up with ignorance that says FF should be the only working browser, I am sure IP has his preferences as to what browser he uses, but I (to my knowledge) consider him to be fair to all browsers in that he has been editing it to work for each browser. So please, be a little bit more inciteful then some smart ass comment leading to firefox, especially seeing as I have firefox and see nothing that's even remotely significantly better to want to permenant switch my default browser.
Its not the only working browser. But sadly, IE doesn't qualify as a working browser due to all the countless problems that you either don't know about or choose to ignore because you're using it over FF. Assuming the first one, read this:

http://technopedia.info/tech/2006/02/16/7-reasons-not-to-use-ie.html

None.

Feb 24 2008, 7:59 pm InsolubleFluff Post #46

</care>

None.

Feb 24 2008, 8:18 pm chuiu Post #47

Yup, thats how most people who make webpages feel about IE and the people who use them. Good way to sum it up.

None.

Feb 24 2008, 8:37 pm FooFighters Post #48

i still like the clasic, but there is a problem with the text in the reply box... I CAN'T SEE IT!!!

None.

Feb 24 2008, 8:47 pm Syphon Post #49

Quote from chui
Yup, thats how most people who make webpages feel about IE and the people who use them. Good way to sum it up.

It took me 3x longer to make the skin work in IE than it took to code for Fx and Opera.

None.

Feb 24 2008, 8:52 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #50

Just here for the activity... well not really

Still, fix the unseeable text box for IE7..

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Feb 24 2008, 8:53 pm Centreri Post #51

Relatively ancient and inactive

Stop using IE7, you nubs. FX and Opera are the best browsers. MEMORIZE IT!

None.

Feb 24 2008, 8:53 pm Syphon Post #52

The only part of the skin I made was Portal boxes and the header. Blame IP.

(I also made the button you IE using douches)

None.

Feb 24 2008, 8:58 pm InsolubleFluff Post #53

Quote from chui
Well my </care> was directed at the fact that those 7 points really consisted of 4 points and 3 advertisements, and even so, it provided very little evidence to back up its arguements, so hardly a convincable method for transferring. I haven't much experience in programming for IE or FF or Opera etc... but I imagine that you're right it will take longer to code, because I've heard people say that before. However, it's worth coding because even though in comparison to other browsers it's harder or more tedious to code, the majority of the population does use IE and so it's well worth coding it, and if coded correctly, it shouldn't have that many errors.

I have gone all this time using IE and never once found that it was filled with errors and flaws, I use FF and I too find that there is no errors or flaws, and so I see no reasoning behind trying to force FF upon people when IE is also capable, though from a programming perspective, more effort is required, and too right to, if you plan on programming for a major website or even a minor website, you should be prepared to do all the coding required to make it a multi-browser operational website.

Edit: I don't understand why everyone is complaining about text not appearing, mine has worked all day long perfectly fine.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 24 2008, 9:00 pm by Shocko. Reason: addition

None.

Feb 24 2008, 9:35 pm Centreri Post #54

Not all things are possible with IE, and I think most of the community would agree that unless most of you using IE have an actual problem with using a good browser, working on the rest of the site is a larger priority.. and, I think it would be funner for those that make it possible.

None.

Feb 24 2008, 9:58 pm Zycorax Post #55

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

Quote from Test
Get rid of the hideous purple links.
!

Feb 24 2008, 9:59 pm Dr. Shotgun Post #56

Purple + green = bad.

None.

Feb 24 2008, 10:17 pm Centreri Post #57

Yeah, purple and green don't go so well. Maybe greenish yellow or something..

None.

Feb 24 2008, 10:27 pm Forsaken Archer Post #58

I'll work on the skins some more tonight... Give examples of colors you think might work... I like FBFDB0 for syphons.

I can see text perfectly with IE7. Though I guess I'll try to fix it. The problem is most likely CSS2. I really hate fucking around because of IE. Instead of simple, easy, direct html and css, I have to pussy foot around all the time. Syphon, only took you 3x the time for IE? That's impressive. I'll spend up to 10x the time on some things.

None.

Feb 24 2008, 10:31 pm InsolubleFluff Post #59

Couldn't you make link colours choosable in Controls maybe using one of those things that has all the squares with colours, kinda like you did with the glowing titles in sen v4

None.

Feb 24 2008, 10:34 pm Forsaken Archer Post #60

Technically yes...

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum