Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Non-permamently cloaked Archons ;)
Non-permamently cloaked Archons ;)
Feb 21 2008, 10:56 am
By: Mr_Grey  

Feb 21 2008, 10:56 am Mr_Grey Post #1

And here is something about merging archons and perma-cloak.

Few weeks ago I've made my own version of Twilight Archon. I've used DatEdit (seting flags of units in units.dat) and Firegraft (disabling unit check, requirements, and exe edit: allow to gain energy while perma-cloaked).

Anyway, it merges from two templars of any kind, too. But during modding I've faced following problem:
a) using Archon Warp: if two high templars were used, merged archon had no mana restoration altough it stayed visible. Two dark templars worked fine, but high and dark together almost had no mana restoration too. It looks like Archon Warp disables spellcaster trait.
b) using Dark Archon Meld: Archon created with dark templar was resulting in permamently cloaked nature (innate) of archon. It looks like Dark Archon Meld switches (if on, turns off, if off turns on) both Cloaked State and Spellcaster ability.

I've solved this by giving both high templar and dark one both spellcaster and permamently cloaked flag (and creating unit through Dark Archon Meld). This way created archon always has renewable energy and is NOT cloaked.

Anyone knows another (better) solution how to create a visible unit thru merging two cloaked units?

None.

Feb 21 2008, 8:54 pm Fisty Post #2

Appearently this is caused by the units used to warp it. DTs do not have mana, HTs do, hence they do not lose mana regeneration, but DTs are permacloaked, yet HTs not, so HTs do not have that happen. I suspect Iscript.

None.

Feb 22 2008, 10:11 am Mr_Grey Post #3

I' ve had to edit both HT & DT's script for my mod but i didn't find any part of their code relating to these traits... permamently-cloaked and spellcaster are just flags in unit.dat... i've heard something about asm coding (in-game flag-switching) but it seems too difficult for me. Any other ideas?

None.

Feb 26 2008, 2:06 am FlyingHat Post #4

Quote from Deathman101
Appearently this is caused by the units used to warp it. DTs do not have mana, HTs do, hence they do not lose mana regeneration, but DTs are permacloaked, yet HTs not, so HTs do not have that happen. I suspect Iscript.
Iscript doesn't have anything to do with mana or permacloaking.

None.

Feb 27 2008, 5:50 pm Mr_Grey Post #5

Quote from FlyingHat
Iscript doesn't have anything to do with mana or permacloaking.

You're right, but i've found that some commands could be found in ISCRIPT (burrow, lift off, various spellcasting, even Valkyrie uses spme unknown command while moving - could this be afterburner?)

None.

Feb 28 2008, 2:22 am FlyingHat Post #6

Quote from Mr_Grey
even Valkyrie uses spme unknown command while moving - could this be afterburner?
Mind showing us the line that this "unknown command is located in?

None.

Feb 28 2008, 7:28 am Mr_Grey Post #7

I don't have my modding tools right now, but I remember that there was unique command 'sigorder64' in the beginning of Valkyrie's movement code. I'll check this just when I return to my home city.

None.

Feb 28 2008, 3:17 pm Corbo Post #8

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Woah, wait.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Lift off, burrow and all that are NOT commands.
They are just iscript entries for a determined header.
You see:
CommandCenterLiftOff:
wait 1
playfram 3
blahblahblah
But that doesn't mean that it's an order. The orders are what composes the animation called LiftOff

And I'm pretty sure that sigorder64, if it exists, it's not an unknown.

On topic, I'm pretty sure that's the only way around it.

fuck you all

Feb 28 2008, 7:22 pm Mr_Grey Post #9

Damn, when I was talking about lift off, burrow and other similar thingies I didn't mean code section UnitAnimationOfLiftOffStartsHere: description/signature, only

SIGORDERS

i.e. sigorder4 is used for burrow/unburrow actions. Sorry for my english, its probably reason why we're not understood each other.
In your Liftoff code section sigorder16 should follow typed lines. Could you fully explain me how exactly sigorders work?

None.

Aug 22 2008, 2:34 pm Mr_Grey Post #10

Here's an unique example of sigorder 64 in iscript.bin:

ValkyrieWalking:
imgol08 941 0 0 # ValkyrieOverlay (thingy\tbmGlow.grp)
sigorder 64
shvertpos 0
goto local156

None.

Aug 22 2008, 8:27 pm ShadowFlare Post #11

There are times when the game engine is using an animation for some unit order and is waiting for a signal from the animation to tell the order to continue. That iscript opcode is what signals to the order that it may continue (by setting a certain flag that the order is watching for).

None.

Aug 25 2008, 9:06 am Mr_Grey Post #12

Thanks. Your answer explains a lot. <thumbup>

However, I still wonder what flag sigorder 64 is swithing (it's only movement animation where sigorder is used)

None.

Aug 25 2008, 12:10 pm Symmetry Post #13

Dungeon Master

It was probably used for afterburners before they were removed.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Options
  Back to forum