Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Looking for foreign language BW data
Looking for foreign language BW data
May 14 2019, 8:40 pm
By: Suicidal Insanity  

May 14 2019, 8:40 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #1

I see you !

I'm looking for the game data files for various languages such as Korean, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, russian, etc.

I'm not even sure what languages BW 1.16 ended up being translated too, but the more the better.

May 15 2019, 4:32 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #2

The Curious

Once upon a time I did a full translation of BW (text only, of course, not the voice) into Russian out of boredom. While I have/had no problems with the default (English) version I wanted to practice with both translation and data editing. It's been long since lost however.

But I think there has never been an official localization before the Remastered. The pirated ones were mostly horribad and bordered on sheer comedy at times. I can try switching my Remastered version to Russian and getting the data from there though.

Trial and error... mostly error.

May 15 2019, 6:46 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #3

I see you !

Oh, I always thought that there was a Russian port, since the stardat from this thread ( http://www.staredit.net/topic/17811/ ) had a unique cd key format. SC:R won't help, that doesn't change the MPQs.

Alternatively a few maps with Russian text and screenshots of what the text is supposed to look like would be nice. It can be very simple blank maps.

May 15 2019, 8:16 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #4

The Curious

Oh, I have the maps, sure. One of my old projects was made in both English and Russian since the source was in Russian, but that version was never updated to the latest iteration. It appears I still have these horribly outdated maps. :) I also have the .fnt files with the proper character set (as none of that was Unicode at the time) that I pulled from one of the aforementioned pirated versions. :)

Here's this stuff.

The screenshot in question is from a trigger owned by player 3, commented as "Hagen talks to Mimir." (the comments are all in English).

Maybe there was an official Russian localization, I'm not sure. Need to ask those who may know better.

Attachments:
fotg-rus.jpg
Hits: 5 Size: 414.62kb
zerg08.scx
Hits: 1 Size: 312.99kb

Trial and error... mostly error.

May 15 2019, 8:36 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #5

I see you !

Good news - if I force codepage 1251 I can see the exact same Russian text in English windows =)

Text trigedit will be an issue though I'm afraid, since it's an external plugin. Will have to figure out what to do with that.

Can you PM me the font files? I wonder if it will then also render the Russian text in the map view itself.

Options
  Back to forum