Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Astrogears Mk II
Astrogears Mk II
Jan 17 2008, 5:18 am
By: The Starport
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Mar 17 2008, 5:48 am The Starport Post #41

Well, I'll post on SEN tomorrow a public beta once I have it fixed up a bit. Got a few things I want to try to fix up first.

There's a beta up on maplantis in the meantime, though.

None.

Mar 17 2008, 5:28 pm Forsaken Archer Post #42

Finally got to play... ;o
Very interesting map. I didn't know what I was doing too much and Falk seemed to give tips late (oh, build nexus for cash... I'm rich because I have a map full of them ;o)

None.

Mar 17 2008, 6:19 pm The Starport Post #43

Yeah there's presently no information about the gameplay elements in the map. This is still an early beta. It's kinda just meant for people who have a rough idea of how to play already so I can determine if my new improvements will allow the game to be fun to play this time around (Mk I has problems with the basic gameplay and controls that made it hard to enjoy).

I'll suggest holding off for now until I have the finished release version. We've worked out the perfect plan to help make the map accessible to beginners finally. I just haven't implemented it yet for the beta. ;)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 17 2008, 6:28 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Mar 17 2008, 6:40 pm Forsaken Archer Post #44

But... then I'll still be a noob when it's finished :)

None.

Mar 17 2008, 6:55 pm The Starport Post #45

Feel free to try to learn from the betas if you're a pain glutton. :P If you have questions, I'll answer them.

Since the learning curve is pretty much the last thing keeping AG back, I've something special planned to tackle it...

None.

Mar 17 2008, 10:07 pm Forsaken Archer Post #46

I'm more of a sadist. But I guess I'll switch roles for this.
Anyone wanna play IM me. I'd like to play in a 2v2.

None.

Mar 17 2008, 11:15 pm The Starport Post #47

Well hold off. I've almost got BETA 1d ready with a lot of good fixes.

None.

Mar 18 2008, 12:29 am The Starport Post #48

http://www.warbox.us/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=153

Here's the changes:
Here's the list of BETA 1d's changes:
  • [Fixed] Allowed teleporting when no launchables in hangar
  • [Added] Re-add Tech Tree toggle setting
  • [Test] See what lines in settings menu items look like
  • [Changed] Improved error for being too near a spawner with the probe
  • [Added] Cap meteors at 32
  • [Changed] Allowed vehicle use with core 5
  • [Removed] HQ controlling
  • [Removed] Nuclear meltdown
  • [Changed] Improved core 5's equipping warning
  • [Fixed] Last line of core 5 description
  • [Fixed] Tabs for core energy recharge and bit energy drain in purchase descriptions
  • [Changed] Shortened build time for cyb core (2 mins) and forge (1.5 mins)
  • [Changed] Toned down Infested CC armor to 0
  • [Fixed] Fussion -> Fusion Typo
  • [Added] Tech cost labels
  • [Added] Tech req to purchase descriptions
  • [Changed] Improved the Unlocked Purchase message
  • [Changed] Improved the tech req error
  • [Changed] Lower Repair on the tech tree to core 2
  • [Changed] Lowered anti-Commandeering timer to 1 minute
  • [Added] Gas refunds for failed helper buildings
  • [Changed] Set Gear revives to restore to full HP

None.

Mar 18 2008, 5:12 am The Starport Post #49

Oh by the way, for beta 2, there's gonna be another batch of significant changes-
  • GMs won't EVER exit the cockpit! (muahaha!)
  • Gears can hold 1 of each type of vehicle inside and can cycle between which to deploy at a spawner.
  • Bombers can be loaded now without needing GM to do it anymore (because, obviously, HE CAN'T! BLEHEHEHE!!!1)
  • Gear Shields now function a bit differently: When they take too much damage at once, rather than sucking up huge amounts of energy, they instead "pop" like a bubble and deactivate (with some energy loss). I'm tired of people keeping them running and sucking themselves dry and not noticing/caring/thinking about it.
  • Only 3 Radar upgrades now; Radar also increases the durability of Shields as well.
  • (MAYBE) The top and bottom sections of the gameplay area will start off cordoned off with barricades. These must be broken through for players to access them.
  • (MAYBE) Not to further complicate tech, but I might reintroduce spawners as a way of getting "tech points". Tech points will be spent to unlock individual purchases (maybe in addition to minerals as well), or otherwise be redeemable for money. Commandeering can also be used for tech point gain.

These shouldn't take nearly as along to add, though.

Oh, and now I think we're good to return beta discussion back to warbox again. Sorry for the hangup before.

None.

Mar 18 2008, 6:15 pm Forsaken Archer Post #50

Those changes sound awesome Tux.
So we won't need a GM for dropping base defenses from... overlord (engineer?)?

None.

Mar 18 2008, 6:37 pm The Starport Post #51

Well, the overlord was just another type of vehicle that you could put into your Gear and have it deployed (like probes, dropships, and vultures). GMs can use any of the 4 vehicles on their own. The Gear can now use vehicles too, thanks to the new Deploy Vehicles button.

I plan to make it ONLY function with the Deploy Vehicles button from now on, in other words. Plus I'll be making vehicle switching easier by centralizing it through the Gear completely. You'll see what I mean with beta 2.

I also plan to add some things to help with understanding what the probe's buildings do. Those seem to be tricky for a lot of people, and my methods up till now have been ineffective for explaining it.

None.

Mar 18 2008, 10:07 pm The Starport Post #52

Topics of the day:
Gear Master's fate...
Symbol
Vedict (on whether to continue with AG; part of some silly maplantis discussion)

Having a forum for this stuff is so much more convenient than putting it all in a single thread. :P

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 18 2008, 11:26 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Mar 18 2008, 11:54 pm Forsaken Archer Post #53

I played vs falk just like now...
Maybe make engineer's drops cost a bit more.
And if you gear master dies, you get spammed with messages. Like 100's of them.

Attachments:
Astrogears mevsfalk.rep
Hits: 1 Size: 697.51kb

None.

Mar 19 2008, 12:01 am The Starport Post #54

Ok. I'll have those fixed for beta 2.

None.

Mar 19 2008, 4:48 pm The Starport Post #55

Return of the Tech Points!
Should I do this?

None.

Mar 20 2008, 5:18 am Forsaken Archer Post #56

Dead gear masters never actually spawns a new gear master.
Higher cores might output too much energy? (falk always get last core and has like 40 bits) Even given the disadvantages. Falk has a lot more to say... dunno where he's posting the replay though.

None.

Mar 20 2008, 7:03 am The Starport Post #57

He IMed it to me.

I'll be working to debug this stuff for beta 2. Thanks for reporting it.

None.

Mar 20 2008, 10:07 pm Forsaken Archer Post #58

I don't know if this was suggested before, but how about some upgrades for the npcs? Maybe build a stargate and it makes the computer upgrade. Is that even possible? I suppose you could change the npcs to hero versions. Or switch types, like change ultra to zergling and upgrade 1 by zergling hero, upgrade 2 be ultra, upgrade 3 by ultra hero.

None.

Mar 21 2008, 12:33 am The Starport Post #59

I was thinking of stuff like that, as well as new NPC types, but those would have to be Mk III features. Mk II is just about getting the basic concept down. Mk III will have the fun stuff.

None.

Mar 23 2008, 5:21 pm payne Post #60

:payne:

I had, I think, a freacking good idea for AG! I'd suggest everybody to go read it on warbox.us! :D

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum