The UED AI Project
Jun 28 2017, 1:26 pm
By: Nekron
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Feb 21 2019, 12:50 am SkyTechRTS Post #21

Hmm, still froze up despite downnloadinng the new version :(

None.

Feb 21 2019, 3:39 pm Nekron Post #22

Yeah I noticed sometime after my last comment that it still can freeze but I have no idea why really :( Sometimes (and ofc without any melee AIs) it runs fine so I left the melee mod available for download, but since it's less of a priority than finishing the BW campaing in the relatively near feature I probably won't be trying to fix it for a while. Neiv says it's most likely a PyAI problem so likely nothing I can do anything about it

Not sure how long until Episode IV is ready, might be just 1 month but might also very well be 3 if ideas don't work out at first

Feb 21 2019, 8:06 pm poiuy_qwert Post #23

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Quote from Nekron
Neiv says it's most likely a PyAI problem so likely nothing I can do anything about it
Did he say why he thinks this is a PyAI issue or what the issue could be? I'm not sure how it could be PyAI's fault, but if it is then there is something that can be done, we could fix it :P I don't really have much time to do actual debugging and reverse engineering of the issue in game right now, but if details can be provided to me I could look into it a bit. Also a minimal script to reproduce the issue (probably not easy to do) would help a lot.

Feb 22 2019, 1:44 am Nekron Post #24

Quote from poiuy_qwert
Quote from Nekron
Neiv says it's most likely a PyAI problem so likely nothing I can do anything about it
Did he say why he thinks this is a PyAI issue or what the issue could be? I'm not sure how it could be PyAI's fault, but if it is then there is something that can be done, we could fix it :P I don't really have much time to do actual debugging and reverse engineering of the issue in game right now, but if details can be provided to me I could look into it a bit. Also a minimal script to reproduce the issue (probably not easy to do) would help a lot.
He said so because the scripts inherently dont have anything inside of them that would freeze the game. They make inefficient jumps but the game should not care
I opened an issue on PyMS' github page about this exact issue 10 days ago https://github.com/poiuyqwert/PyMS/issues/120
He said that game-side what happens is that the scripts (this for the record happens even if you copypaste scripts after removing all unused parts to a clear default PyAI aiscript/bwscipt.bin, I know that in JNCraton's default one it looks almost like it should freeze or crash) call for use of invalid/nonexistent commands until eventually the game freezes

Feb 22 2019, 5:04 am poiuy_qwert Post #25

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Quote from Nekron
I opened an issue on PyMS' github page about this exact issue 10 days ago https://github.com/poiuyqwert/PyMS/issues/120
Hmm I didn't get notified, weird... Thanks!

Feb 22 2019, 5:34 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #26

The Curious

LOL... I'm so getting thrashed most every time I try to play any of those missions. :)

Trial and error... mostly error.

Feb 26 2019, 4:16 pm SkyTechRTS Post #27

Had a weird crash on the Reign of Fire, Kerrigan mission.

it crashed around the time my SCV was about to be evac'd off the map.

None.

Feb 26 2019, 6:22 pm Nekron Post #28

Can you provide the samase crash log from C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\samase ? I'll try to look if there's anything wrong with triggers/map

Mar 30 2019, 7:45 pm ynnad3 Post #29

Hi sir. Do you keep working in this project ? I tried to contact you in reddit but was removed the user already ...

I just played terran campaign and it was quite funny to be honest, the last mission took some tries to realize some strategy to beat it...

Do you actually know how to modify core AI for some certain units ?
I'm trying to modify sc1 campaigns too with way harder difficulty but there are some tricks always wanted to happen in some terran units...
1) For example, terran goliaths for some reason walk into your units if you are using some of them to attack the goliath in his position. He starts just walking into you with no shooting (same as does Siege tank in tank mode).
2) I would like that marines can use stimpack against everything they start shooting up. It doesn't matter if they are just against only SCVs.
3) I would LOVE if could change siege tanks behavior when they are on Siege mode. For example if they are shooting anything up and there is some of your siege tanks firing up next to him, then the siege tank will unsiege immediatelly and walk into your units (say like into your siege tanks range), which will make that enemy tanks will suicide for free. I would love to change this behavior to make all siege tank enemies just keep their position in siege mode so it's up to the player breaking that siege lane in canse he does have to face it in any possible scenario. This would actually make the game much more challenging to face...

Some guy suggested me to ask you because maybe you knows how to deal with this changes ... I would really appreciate your answer buddy.

Regards and great job again with your UEDaip project.
EDIT: I have uploaded to your github UEDaip project some crash dumbs (that file when the project crashes). It crashed 2-3 times in protoss 03 (the xel naga temple with cerebrates).

None.

Mar 30 2019, 8:52 pm Nekron Post #30

Hi. I am actively working on the project, the last update was made on March 29 this year, so yesterday.

I believe any recent crashes that might occur in xP3 were fixed on March 16, so if your exe is older than that you need to redownload it from MEGA. I know it's a pain to redownload so often, but like I said the project is in active development right now and I'm not really comfortable with making an autoupdater, and I don't think most people would be either. Also, people sometimes forget, but you do need to use the exe. Scripts and modded units don't work without it and might crash the game otherwise. If you're certain that you had the newest version when the game crashed let me know.

If you, by some ungodly chance, downloaded and compiled the Github version that was probably linked in my older reddit posts, that's severely outdated and needs never plugin versions to work properly, I only update Github whenever an episode's finished.

Regarding your unit AI questions, I don't really recognize the goliath/siege tank tank mode behaviour you're talking about(do you just mean unit leashing, or turret spinning?), Marine stimpack usage can be changed with an extended AI command called idle_orders, and the Siege Tank behaviour you're describing is not something that's common either, I believe - usually siege tanks with units near them will just not fire at all, and if they unsiege I'd actually consider it quite an improvement over the default AI turreted unit schtick.

Mar 30 2019, 9:28 pm ynnad3 Post #31

Quote from Nekron
Hi. I am actively working on the project, the last update was made on March 29 this year, so yesterday.

I believe any recent crashes that might occur in xP3 were fixed on March 16, so if your exe is older than that you need to redownload it from MEGA. I know it's a pain to redownload so often, but like I said the project is in active development right now and I'm not really comfortable with making an autoupdater, and I don't think most people would be either. Also, people sometimes forget, but you do need to use the exe. Scripts and modded units don't work without it and might crash the game otherwise. If you're certain that you had the newest version when the game crashed let me know.

If you, by some ungodly chance, downloaded and compiled the Github version that was probably linked in my older reddit posts, that's severely outdated and needs never plugin versions to work properly, I only update Github whenever an episode's finished.

Regarding your unit AI questions, I don't really recognize the goliath/siege tank tank mode behaviour you're talking about(do you just mean unit leashing, or turret spinning?), Marine stimpack usage can be changed with an extended AI command called idle_orders, and the Siege Tank behaviour you're describing is not something that's common either, I believe - usually siege tanks with units near them will just not fire at all, and if they unsiege I'd actually consider it quite an improvement over the default AI turreted unit schtick.

I'm really happy you are still active on it.
I will record for you the goliath walking behavior and unsiege one too. Specially the unsiege movement makes it way easier once you knows how to play this game because it's a free advantage ... And the marine stimpack against everything would be outstanding for more difficulty too.

1) I was just wondering, do you actually need to apply all those 3 changes in that UEDaip.exe file ? or can I do it myself (once I realize how to work with AI properly) in any mission campaign map ?

2) Do you have some other way to contact you, for example reddit ? Would be fantastic.

3) You said the project was updated yesterday, how can I actually know if there is any change in the project ? Do I have to visit that MEGA link or is there any other source to know so ?

(sorry for my terrible english)

And thanks for the help again.

None.

Mar 30 2019, 9:34 pm Nekron Post #32

There are dates to the right of every file in MEGA with when it was last updated, and as for other sources, I make a post every time there's an update on Discord https://discord.gg/K7d564W that describes what the changes are - you can also contact me there.

I don't have a reddit account, but I can give you my email address if you want.

I honestly doubt what you're describing for goliaths and siege tanks could be fixed on 1.22, but yeah the marine change would need to be made on an exe basis, if I were to improve stimpack spellcasting it'd be added to every script that uses stimpacks. But to be honest I think it works fairly decently, it might not seem like it's used much because it's primarily a Dominion tech in my scripts.

May 2 2019, 6:07 am Rotacioskapa Post #33

Hi! I've played the BW missions before, they are truly awesome, thanks! I little feedback, the new version where you only download the uedaip.exe for BW missions, I open it, the missions load just fine. But when I select any unit, the game crashes. I have saved the exe in the StarCraft installation folder, I don't know if it means anything.
Anyways, keep up the good work!

None.

May 2 2019, 6:46 am Nekron Post #34

Cannot reproduce on my end, does it only happen in a specific map? Do you have the newest Starcraft version on battle.net? Is there a crash log in %temp%\samase\?
Also if you have PBE enabled it could cause this, the .exe isn't updated for the PBE version yet

May 2 2019, 9:15 am Rotacioskapa Post #35

In that order:
-it happens on every map
-yes
-yes
-tbh I don't know what PBE means so for that I don't know the answer.

Edit: if you were referring to HD Graphics, I disabled that and the game works just fine, I've just tried this.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 2 2019, 9:22 am by Rotacioskapa.

None.

May 2 2019, 10:29 am Nekron Post #36

That sounds like a pretty weird issue probably related to your machine(asked around, others dont seem to have the crash), but it would be nice to get it fixed if possible. Can you please upload the samase crash dump here or send it to me over PMs?

Edit: This evening (1:30 PST) updated the exe for newest BNet patch

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 2 2019, 11:30 pm by Nekron.

May 3 2019, 11:42 am Rotacioskapa Post #37

Quote from Nekron

Of course!

Attachments:
Minidump.dmp
Hits: 1 Size: 650.41kb

None.

May 3 2019, 6:23 pm Nekron Post #38

Fixed, was my fault for messing up lowres GRPs. I'm uploading a fixed version now, thanks for the report!

Jan 11 2020, 10:01 pm Nekron Post #39

UEDAIP: Brood Wars is now released, with a UED tech tree and lots of new units to boot.
Watch it's trailer here or download it here

Sep 9 2021, 8:28 am retsiger Post #40

Hi, Nekron. Cant found instructions for 1.16 usage. "README has all the instructions needed for both 1.16.1 and 1.19 usage" - still actual?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum