Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: Code to solve bounds
Code to solve bounds
May 1 2017, 4:35 pm
By: Apos  

May 22 2017, 5:48 am Apos Post #21

I order you to forgive yourself!

I rewrote my code using OpenCL. What I have right now is very badly written and not optimized at all yet it's running leagues faster.

Edit: While using the GPU runs really fast, I feel like this way of solving bounds is still too slow. I'm currently working on a different way to solve this problem. For my game there could be levels that take more than 12 seconds to beat. That would be really expensive to solve. Also while the current solution is pixel perfect, the new thing I have in mind will be real space perfect, and it should be relatively instant to compute a solution.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 24 2017, 5:07 pm by Apos.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[11:23 pm]
NudeRaider -- dumbducky
dumbducky shouted: I found a sneaky way to view some of my coworkers SAT scores and it is shocking
:ban:
[11:22 pm]
NudeRaider -- dumbducky
dumbducky shouted: I miss forums. Twitter is way more engaging but unless you have a following, nobody talks to you. Reddit is just filled with the stupidest people
well, most active members here are the bots, so not sure if this is an improvement :P
[06:05 pm]
dumbducky -- I found a sneaky way to view some of my coworkers SAT scores and it is shocking
[06:03 pm]
dumbducky -- FaRTy1billion
FaRTy1billion shouted: o, i keep meaning to add things to it but instead don't
Farty does your website work anymore
[06:02 pm]
dumbducky -- I miss forums. Twitter is way more engaging but unless you have a following, nobody talks to you. Reddit is just filled with the stupidest people
[02:32 pm]
Zoan -- :wob:
[2024-7-26. : 2:54 am]
Ultraviolet -- :wob:
[2024-7-25. : 2:39 am]
O)FaRTy1billion[MM] -- o, i keep meaning to add things to it but instead don't
[2024-7-24. : 11:55 pm]
Roy -- Make that three changes to the wiki in the last month, all three being just edits to user pages.
[2024-7-23. : 2:47 pm]
dumbducky -- Two changes to the wiki in the last month, both are just edits to user pages
Please log in to shout.

Members Online: Tyrion