Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: Fuck The Macbook Air
Fuck The Macbook Air
Jan 16 2008, 5:02 am
By: Syphon
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Jan 20 2008, 4:28 am Riney Post #21

Thigh high affectionado

I base my theory off past experiance.

When I had 3 firewalls, and interweb, the 2nd day I got a virus that infected EVERY exe on my compy, then refused internet unless I delete them.

After I fixed that little incendet, I no longer trusted them. Turning all firewalls off, I rarely get anything on my computer that I didn't download. Not because I only go to sites that arent infested to all hell, but because I belive that firewalls are the key essencal to all virii problems.

For example, I'm sure we've all seen someone (Probably at school) whos computer illerate. They have some suped up machine, and use it to browse myspace (And honestly, I would like to go in and steal his ram, I needz it). And you ALWAYS hear about them saying they have tons of firewalls running. A couple weeks go by, and then they complain how their computer is "in the shop". Blame the firewall? Maybe.

Or then again, myspace could be the problem, I dont use it lulz

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jan 20 2008, 5:55 am ~:Deathawk:~ Post #22

Quote from Dark_Marine_123

When I had 3 firewalls, and interweb, the 2nd day I got a virus that infected EVERY exe on my compy, then refused internet unless I delete them.

After I fixed that little incendet, I no longer trusted them. Turning all firewalls off, I rarely get anything on my computer that I didn't download. Not because I only go to sites that arent infested to all hell, but because I belive that firewalls are the key essencal to all virii problems.

For example, I'm sure we've all seen someone (Probably at school) whos computer illerate. They have some suped up machine, and use it to browse myspace (And honestly, I would like to go in and steal his ram, I needz it). And you ALWAYS hear about them saying they have tons of firewalls running. A couple weeks go by, and then they complain how their computer is "in the shop". Blame the firewall? Maybe.

Okay, well...
I have a firewall, I get no malware problems.
You have a firewall, you get malware problems.

It sounds like the problem is the user, in this case.

But yeah... the reason you're getting viruses is because you have a firewall.. yeah..

*cough*

None.

Jan 20 2008, 7:04 am MasterJohnny Post #23

I think you are computer illerate.. mmm and possibly a po*n freak
what do you mean by "I would like to go in and steal his ram, I needz it."?

I am a Mathematician

Jan 20 2008, 11:50 pm Riney Post #24

Thigh high affectionado

I only have 512mb, and by everyones standerd in here, I should have a Terrabyte.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jan 21 2008, 12:06 am Syphon Post #25

I only have 512mb, and by everyones standerd in here, I should have a Terrabyte.

512mb is fine for most things. (ie, everything short of xhardcorex gaming and modelling.)

Also, virii is not a word, stupid.

None.

Jan 21 2008, 12:22 am Riney Post #26

Thigh high affectionado

Its plural for virus :D

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jan 21 2008, 12:23 am Symmetry Post #27

Dungeon Master

Not the correct one.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jan 21 2008, 12:24 am Riney Post #28

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Killer_Kow
Not the correct one.

Its a joke of ego obvously.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jan 21 2008, 12:35 am Symmetry Post #29

Dungeon Master

Quote from Killer_Kow
Not the correct one.

Its a joke of ego obvously.

No, not obviously. Looked to me as if you were just stupid. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jan 21 2008, 12:50 am Syphon Post #30

Its plural for virus :D

No it isn't. Viruses is.

None.

Jan 21 2008, 10:33 pm MasterJohnny Post #31

virii is a "leet speak" word (which is a really uncommon leet speak word that makes him look..stupid) the correct plural is really Viruses

I am a Mathematician

Jan 22 2008, 3:14 am Riney Post #32

Thigh high affectionado

We've been through this already, you hate me, I understand.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jan 22 2008, 3:37 am MasterJohnny Post #33

We have? I do? cause like your idiocy makes me laugh :)

I am a Mathematician

Jan 22 2008, 6:01 am Test Post #34

If I was into media type of thing, editing images, creating and editing videos, or dealing with sounds. It probably would be nice to have a really fast laptop. But, a macbook pro would be way better. More room, and lots of more options.

YAY It's thin! That's the only real originality it has. It just has the best of the best hardware a laptop can have, but limited amount of it.

Will I buy it? Not likely.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vSl6Hufn_4Y&feature=related
LOL!!!! @ 1:30 - 1:55
And 2:50 on.. is what I agree with.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 22 2008, 6:20 am by Test.

None.

Jan 22 2008, 6:43 am Riney Post #35

Thigh high affectionado

He wins 1 free internet.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jan 22 2008, 6:47 am Syphon Post #36

Quote from Test
If I was into media type of thing, editing images, creating and editing videos, or dealing with sounds. It probably would be nice to have a really fast laptop. But, a macbook pro would be way better. More room, and lots of more options.

YAY It's thin! That's the only real originality it has. It just has the best of the best hardware a laptop can have, but limited amount of it.

Will I buy it? Not likely.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vSl6Hufn_4Y&feature=related
LOL!!!! @ 1:30 - 1:55
And 2:50 on.. is what I agree with.

Er, it wouldn't be that fast. And you couldn't edit anything on it, unless you want to stream video to the computer via bluetooth. :/

None.

Jan 26 2008, 2:59 am gigabites2 Post #37

The Macbook Air looks like a cool novelty item, but not much more. It's specs are pretty sub-standard. I could get a Macbook Pro that's twice as powerful for the same price. My other problem with the thinness is the fact that it looks like I could snap it with my little finger... And the fact that it only has USB bothers me. I doubt I would buy one unless I had money to burn.

Also, if you have a virus through 3 firewalls, it's because you either downloaded it manually (d'oh) or because they're incompatible and mess up any protection you may have had.

None.

Jan 26 2008, 11:03 pm Riney Post #38

Thigh high affectionado

Or as my conspiriacys go (Shit I can't spell), firewalls are the sole reason of getting viruses. That way you'll buy another computer because it has "more" security features, and there for adding another 50 dollars to Bill Gates' wallet.

Srsly, maybe I should just get a mac.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jan 27 2008, 3:57 am dumbducky Post #39

YEAH LOL, CUZ FIREWALLS IS SOLD SEPRETLY FROM WINDOWS AND NOT BILT IN LOL

XP and Vista both come with firewalls, Microsoft doesn't even sell one. You don't know anything about firewalls. If you downloaded a trojan (you know what this is, right?), that's nothing a firewall had prevented. Deathawk and Syphon know way more about computers than you, so just trust them.

tits

Jan 27 2008, 5:09 pm Centreri Post #40

Relatively ancient and inactive

If you're paranoid, I'm pretty sure you can get your anti-virus to scan the files before you download. Some websites do it for you, but most don't, and file-sharing programs don't.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum