Lorham
Jul 12 2016, 5:36 am
By: Valadorn  

Jul 15 2016, 8:25 pm Valadorn Post #21

alright

None.

Jul 16 2016, 4:24 pm DarkenedFantasies Post #22

Roy's Secret Service

I'm sorry to say, but the Zerg and Protoss episodes were very awful and I don't have anything positive to say about them. :(
If you want to read.

It's clear you're fresh in the map-making scene, and you're not experienced enough to have a real idea of how to make a quality map. You need to spend more time creating maps and experimenting with stuff before getting involved in a public release.

Experiment with every single thing available in the editor and see what they can do. Open other people's maps and look how they're made. A good way to learn something is to try copying other maps. Just please don't release those maps anywhere; they should be considered practice and nothing more. :P

But like I said before, don't try to become a good map maker overnight. It takes time. I've been making awful rubbish for a long time myself before something finally clicked in me and started to realize what I was doing, and learned from my failures. I'm sure we will all be happy to help you with your mapmaking, but a public release is probably not something for you to take on just yet. :ermm:

Jul 16 2016, 7:25 pm Valadorn Post #23

I understand, thank you :) , and about not loosing when Samir dies, is because the Hive mind Reforms him nad thank you again , will work more on the next one :D

None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[03:48 am]
Vrael -- fallacy avoided
[03:48 am]
Vrael -- ur not a true scotsman because you're not even a scotsman
[03:26 am]
sraw531 -- Lanthanide
Lanthanide shouted: it is a bit fiddly to get it working, especially as text triggers use quotes around unit names like "Terran Marrine" and so you have to double-escape them in excel like ""Terran Marine"" which can get annoying
You also could use special characters or something that excel doesn't normally use (nor function based off of), and then do a replace all once you turn it back into text form. Though im sure thats nothing new.
[03:25 am]
sraw531 -- Lanthanide
Lanthanide shouted: use ='text here ' & A1 & ' finishing text' to get excel to reference the content of another cell (in this case A1) as plain text within another fragment of plain text
thanks Lanthanide, I never thought to use excel. It will probably still be difficult since its not just the conditions changing, but also the actions in a non-standard way (picture-based). Still, it will probably save some time.
[02:59 am]
Jack -- You can't say I'm not a true scotsman or you'd be committing the no true scotsman fallacy ;)
[02:59 am]
Jack -- Also, can I use the no true scotsman fallacy to claim that I actually am a scotsman, even though I am neither scots nor lived there ever?
[02:58 am]
Jack -- How many true welshmen are actually true scotsmen though
[02:12 am]
jjf28 -- Lanthanide
Lanthanide shouted: we're all true scotsman now
anyone who says they're a true scotsman is no true scotsman
[01:23 am]
O)FaRTy1billion[MM] -- DarkenedFantasies
DarkenedFantasies shouted: FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://youtu.be/Xk2uObQDKtw?t=4m51s
[01:10 am]
DarkenedFantasies -- FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please log in to shout.

Members Online: Roy, Vrael, MTiger156