Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: "ALL IN" Co-Op map
"ALL IN" Co-Op map
Nov 25 2015, 2:48 pm
By: JCarrill0  

Nov 25 2015, 2:48 pm JCarrill0 Post #1

BattleTag: JCarrill0#1742

2 years ago I was inspired to create a map much similar like my 2 player sc1 Protoss Final mission map "Eye of the Storm" & XTerran5 "Emperor's Fall" (Ground Zero & Birds of War).

The new map Idea had been posted already on sc2 Forums, but I will post it here:
Quote from JCarrill0
I been wanting to make an "ALL IN" Co-Op myself, would anyone be willing to help me out if I get any questions along the way?

My idea for the map is just a basic Co-Op of the map:
- Co-Op (2 Terran players)
- Difficulty Selector (Casual, Normal, Hard, Brutal)
- Having both the Air Version, and the Nydas Worms version in the same Map
- Both Players would be shared units, not individual.
- Player have access to all mercenaries
- Player has all Armory upgrades!
- Players Choose Lab Research via Science Station or possibly have all
I Need help on that last part, and possibly other parts such as adding a special harder then brutal difficulty called "Fatal". Le me know if you interested. I'm not looking for it to be #1 Co-Op map, just a CO-Op me and my buddy can play.

2 and a half years Later, is it possible now with the new archon mode?
or has someone already done this?

Jan 23 2016, 5:44 pm JCarrill0 Post #2

BattleTag: JCarrill0#1742

Starting to revisit this idea...but if I can, I want to keep it playable for WoL users.

Few issues:
- I have no idea to make a research option for the extra zerg/protoss upgrades.
- Mercs are not available, not sure how to unlock them since it tells me to go to the cantina in the campaign.
- I have also is for some strange reason, Both events wont take place. It's always one or the other.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[06:35 pm]
Ultraviolet -- You might even be able to turn another unused unit into a map revealer imitation with a smaller vision range so that you could have both normal map revealers and smaller map revealers. Not sure about this one though.
[06:33 pm]
Ultraviolet -- youarenotworthy
youarenotworthy shouted: Does anybody know of a way to reveal just a sliver of the map? Smaller than what a map revealer would reveal? Or is there a way to block the map revealer off at a certain point? I can't use units to achieve what I'm trying to do.
Using EUDs, you can reduce the vision range of map revealers. But of course this will apply to all map revealers. They have a default vision range of 10. For some of my maps, I've been increasing their vision range to 11 and giving them detection and it works nicely. Reducing vision range should work the same.
[06:30 pm]
Ultraviolet -- KrayZee
KrayZee shouted: I got an emergency phone call to stay home due to civil unrest :|
are you in Minneapolis?
[01:25 pm]
NudeRaider -- or do you need actual vision (not just revealing the terrain)
[01:24 pm]
NudeRaider -- youarenotworthy
youarenotworthy shouted: Does anybody know of a way to reveal just a sliver of the map? Smaller than what a map revealer would reveal? Or is there a way to block the map revealer off at a certain point? I can't use units to achieve what I'm trying to do.
if at the beginning of the game (as opposed to at some later time in game) is enough, just edit the fog of war layer.
[01:22 pm]
NudeRaider -- as an innocent bystander, mind you
[01:22 pm]
NudeRaider -- KrayZee
KrayZee shouted: I got an emergency phone call to stay home due to civil unrest :|
and apparently you should follow that advice: https://streamable.com/u2jzoo -- crazy things going on over there. You're not even safe from police harassment on your own property.
[10:01 am]
Oh_Man -- Units and map revealers are only way. Unless there's some EUD solution I'm not aware of.
[09:57 am]
IlyaSnopchenko -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: You can also use burrowed Zerg units.
The OP says he cannot use units. But if it's not units, what else? (there's a command to reveal the area in AISE, but it's only for 1.16)
[09:51 am]
Oh_Man -- You can also use burrowed Zerg units.
Please log in to shout.

Members Online: Roy, zysov, jman0591