Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Help With Mining
Help With Mining
Sep 2 2007, 11:19 am
By: Sie_Sayoka  

Sep 2 2007, 11:19 am Sie_Sayoka Post #1

I need help, I am making a map where the resource fields are very low and the bases are in very close proximity. Is there a way to stop workers from stealing minerals from other bases? or is the problem only fixed by creating a barrier.

None.

Sep 2 2007, 12:20 pm Akar Post #2

Yes, using triggers you can prevent them from going across and trying to steal minerals.

Trigger
Players

• Player 1
  • Conditions

• Player 1 brings at least 1 men to location "Player 2 Mine Zone"
  • Actions

• Order all men to move to location "Player 1 Mine Zone"
  • Preserve Trigger

• Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 2 2007, 12:25 pm by Akar.

None.

Sep 2 2007, 2:46 pm Falkoner Post #3

Or if you want to punish them for attempting to steal, you could just kill the workers :P

None.

Sep 2 2007, 3:41 pm Fallen Post #4

I agree with Akor, its the best way

None.

Sep 2 2007, 4:17 pm Akar Post #5

The only problem I see is terran buildings flying in.

None.

Sep 2 2007, 5:01 pm Daedalus Post #6

That won't be a problem since it will only trigger at 'men'. However I think you want to use 3 triggers, 1 for each miner. Otherwise militairy units will also be teleported home, which is both iritating and open for being abused (just teleport your almost-dead units back to your base).

None.

Sep 2 2007, 5:06 pm Falkoner Post #7

Or he could simply say if the enemy brings at least 1 of any unit there, order drone, order probe, order scv away.

None.

Sep 2 2007, 7:07 pm Sie_Sayoka Post #8

thx but i was looking for a trigger that would like make the mineral patches mineable only to you... if there is such a thing

None.

Sep 2 2007, 7:54 pm Akar Post #9

No.

None.

Sep 2 2007, 8:01 pm SCV Post #10

Quote from Daedalus
    That won't be a problem since it will only trigger at 'men'. However I think you want to use 3 triggers, 1 for each miner. Otherwise militairy units will also be teleported home, which is both iritating and open for being abused (just teleport your almost-dead units back to your base).
    Good idea.

None.

Sep 2 2007, 10:25 pm blacklight28 Post #11

but what if u wanted to use ur workers to fight?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 2 2007, 10:26 pm by blacklight28.

None.

Sep 2 2007, 10:26 pm Falkoner Post #12

You could make it RIGHT next to the minerals, so you have to be like touching them.

None.

Sep 2 2007, 10:27 pm Akar Post #13

Yes, that would work, but thats alot of locations.

None.

Sep 2 2007, 10:30 pm Falkoner Post #14

Not if he is stacking them :P

None.

Sep 2 2007, 10:31 pm Akar Post #15

true.

None.

Sep 3 2007, 12:27 am Sie_Sayoka Post #16

actually I decided to screw that mineral system. Now im trying to make the mineral fields have 3 minerals each and replenish. How should i do this.

None.

Sep 3 2007, 12:30 am Falkoner Post #17

Just constantly have a trigger modifying all minerals for player 12 to a number higher than 8.

None.

Sep 3 2007, 12:39 am Sie_Sayoka Post #18

The thing is i do not want the minerals to be 8+, I want them to be a very low number like about 3 or 4. The point of the map is to have a VERY limited amount of resources, would i just have a detection trigger then replace it with a mineral field?

None.

Sep 3 2007, 12:44 am Falkoner Post #19

No, since you can't create units for player 12...

None.

Sep 3 2007, 12:51 am Akar Post #20

Ahh, I see. So you want to "grow" back.

Oh and you can simply create the mineral field for player 7 and then give them to p12.

None.

Options
      Back to forum