iPhone is a Jip
Jan 8 2008, 1:20 pm
By: JordanN
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Feb 22 2008, 6:02 pm ~:Deathawk:~ Post #61

Then go make a thread about it?

None.

Feb 23 2008, 3:29 am JordanN Post #62

You take how much "consumerism" you have, it, and call anyone who spends that much a moron. You think "oh mp3 plus phone (sort of) internet = iPhone.
You don't get it now do you? You're just buying into apple's shenanigans. They want you to believe that.

Seriously, the iPhone sucks. The reason why it somewhat sells is because "hey that guy is buying it, why not us". It also targets consumerists who just want to dump money in the face of apple. I mean what company actually has a rule were you must have money when entering there shops? That's fucked up like dumbducky eating cheese.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 23 2008, 4:12 pm by Mini Moose 2707. Reason: Removed all the "non-argument" parts.

None.

Feb 23 2008, 4:08 am frazz Post #63

Jordan, saying I am wrong does not make me wrong. Repeating your original assertion does not make it more valid. Instead of using realistic information about the iPhone, you just insult the person who disagrees with you and say the exact same thing you said before.

In case you don't realize how simplistic your argument, I'll demonstrate.
[me = JordanN]
Everything Jordan said
lol me so great.
Nawda.
1. No
2. No
You're wrong.
Let me rephrase my insult.
You're just brainwashed.
Their you have it folks, me is right.
[/me = JordanN]

None.

Feb 23 2008, 4:14 pm Moose Post #64

We live in a society.

Awwwww, and JordanN reports it, too. Too bad he's right. 75% of your post was as frazz described it.

Feb 23 2008, 4:24 pm Centreri Post #65

Relatively ancient and inactive

Jordann is saying that the iPhone is a phone, an MP3Player, and 'sortof' internet, and he's calling anyone who disagrees wrong.

Jordann, I'm sorry to tell you this, but you are succumbing to something known as 'jealousy' and something else known as 'mob mentality'. You're buying into the mobs allegations that the iPhone is nothing more then the sum of its three basic parts. You run this information through your tiny little mind, filtering it through your jealousy at not having an iPhone, and becoming part of the iPhone-hating mob. Good day.

None.

Feb 23 2008, 5:06 pm JordanN Post #66

Ahem.

Why would I be jealous? No seriously? Why would I be jealous of it. This is apple. A company that thrives for money and what better people to target then consumerists. Those who just go for something because they believe its better then anything else available when its not. It's the same technique SEGA has been using for the past 10 years and it lead to there ultimate disaster.

I mean its main purpose is to be used as a phone + have other multimedia functions. Now why throw away $500 for that when you can get a much more simpler cellphone that can do a limited amount of the same functions.
Phone,music,web browser,email and messenger(some brands), camera. But nooo. It's better to have a musical phone with touch screen interface then just a regular cheaper version. It's just plain consumerism to seek this out then the others. The iPhone really is an over-rated piece of crap.

None.

Feb 23 2008, 6:03 pm Moose Post #67

We live in a society.

Quote from JordanN
A company that thrives for money
Welcome to any company that isn't non-profit.

Quote from JordanN
consumerism
If you're going to throw around big words like "consumerism" to sound smart, make sure you know what they mean.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/consumerism
Allow me to enumerate on each unique definition:

1. a modern movement for the protection of the consumer against useless, inferior, or dangerous products, misleading advertising, unfair pricing, etc.
You seem to be trying to protect us against the useless and/or inferior and/or unfairly-priced iPhone. According to this definition, YOU are the consumerist, not the iPhone buyer. Ironic.

2. the concept that an ever-expanding consumption of goods is advantageous to the economy.
Buying an iPhone or an otherPhone makes no difference here other than cost.

3. the fact or practice of an increasing consumption of goods: a critic of American consumerism.
Whether or not you buy an iPhone or otherPhone is still equally "consumeristic", there is no difference other than cost.

3. Attachment to materialistic values or possessions: deplored the rampant consumerism of contemporary society.
Attachment to an iPhone or otherPhone... still makes no difference.

Feb 23 2008, 6:54 pm JordanN Post #68

Hurray for moose with political correctnessismness.

For me to like the iPhone would take at least 10 years. Because by then it will eventually evaporate from the public.
Also moose go to this topic and look at all the times people used the word ignorant and make it seem they looked smart. :><:

Whatever, I'm through with this topic. People are biased as ever with the iPhone and apple.
If you like overpriced phones thats purpose can easily be justified then go ahead. If you know you can do better then make that a prerogative.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 23 2008, 7:33 pm by JordanN.

None.

Feb 24 2008, 5:03 am ~:Deathawk:~ Post #69

Quote from JordanN
I mean its main purpose is to be used as a phone + have other multimedia functions. Now why throw away $500 for that when you can get a much more simpler cellphone that can do a limited amount of the same functions.
Phone,music,web browser,email and messenger(some brands), camera. But nooo. It's better to have a musical phone with touch screen interface then just a regular cheaper version. It's just plain consumerism to seek this out then the others. The iPhone really is an over-rated piece of crap.
LIMITED AMOUNT. No point in arguing further, you made the point for me.

And your last post really made me LOL. ;)

None.

Mar 5 2008, 7:54 pm Vi3t-X Post #70

Quote from ~:Deathawk:~
lol, and apparently you're the only idiot trying to equivilate using a PSP to using an iPhone.

The iPhone is somewhat good, but in truth, like JordanN said, IT WILL DIE OUT LIKE ALL TECHNOLOGY after a certain time period. Look at DoS, it died out in like 2 years, but now we get a NexGen Gaming PC from Alienware every month... The iPhone will die, and when compared to Blackberries and the new Windows Mobile, it's screwed over.

To the PSP comment, I was just placing that there to show you have the PSP, although older, is still better than an iPhone.

None.

Mar 6 2008, 1:08 am ~:Deathawk:~ Post #71

lol, dude, seriously make some sense.

What does dying out have to do with anything? Why wouldn't any other phone die out too? Obviously, technology gets old, but it doesn't stop people from buying technology and it definitely isn't a good reason to warrant not buying it and buying something else in this case.

Look at DoS? DoS stands for a lot of things, if you're talking about Disk Operating system, then what is your point? Obviously it got old, but at the time of it's release, DOS were good products and warrented purchase.

As far as a new Windows Mobile being release, WHAT IS YOUR POINT? APPLE MAKES RELEASES TO THEIR SOFTWARE ALL THE TIME!??!?!

Seriously, what are you thinking man..?

None.

Mar 27 2008, 5:15 pm Moose Post #72

We live in a society.

For the record, JordanN... if you had opened your thread like this, we all would've agreed:
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

Mar 27 2008, 5:27 pm JordanN Post #73

Lol, someone already posted that on the first page (http://www.staredit.net/30141/). Also, why are you reviving an old topic when you could of pm'ed that to me?

None.

Mar 27 2008, 10:48 pm Symmetry Post #74

Dungeon Master

Quote from JordanN
Also, why are you reviving an old topic when you could of pm'ed that to me?

Because he can do whatever he wants.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum