Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: New Naruto Map in progress
New Naruto Map in progress
Feb 4 2014, 11:24 am
By: Stranger  

Feb 11 2014, 1:23 am Stranger Post #21

Just gave it a test with 3 other guys and found some bugs.

EDIT : All known bugs are now fixed

It was still an intense fight :)

Notes for myself for debug

Post has been edited 12 time(s), last time on Feb 13 2014, 2:36 pm by Stranger.

None.

Feb 12 2014, 7:58 am Stranger Post #22

Sorry to spam-post.

I just figured out I forgot to put back Human slots after debugging...

Here's the the map with human slots as it should be. Sorry about that.

Attachments:
Naruto Ultimate Tournament.scx
Hits: 4 Size: 289.12kb

None.

Feb 17 2014, 8:03 am Stranger Post #23

Umm, there is something else I forgot to do before attaching the map file but you can still play this without trouble.

At the very start, your character selectors will be automaticly sent to pick a character by themselves (this was meant for my tests)... So just take control on them and stop them so you can pick a character by yourself. The order is given only once, so you can easily interrupt it.

And if P2 (blue) picks Gaara, there's a preserve trigger that will make him going to a beacon to tag (might be on the opposing team's beacon depending on which side Gaara is)...

I'm also taking a little break at the moment and the map is on stand by but I'll get back on it very soon.

The reason is I wanted to fully finalize another Naruto map I made but this one is a single player one. I started making it cause I was bored at first. But it's gotten a pretty cool map in the end so I decided to make a public release =) Some mechanics in the single player Naruto map are also used in the one I attached you in this thread.

The people who would like to test the Sasuke and Itachi characters (which are 0% done in the multiplayer map) can do it by playing the single player map since it's all about the battle between Itachi and Sasuke as in the story ^^

If everything goes well, I will release it this week (and then continue working on the multiplayer map).

None.

Feb 21 2014, 11:04 pm Stranger Post #24

My single player Naruto map is released : http://www.staredit.net/topic/16261/

I'll now continue to work on this one but it will take some time. I'd say at least 3 or 4 months to make most of the characters.

None.

Mar 4 2014, 2:39 pm Stranger Post #25

Just to let you know !

The map is progressing pretty fine :)

New characters have shown up, 100% done and playable :

Neji

Sasuke

More of them will follow :D

And I've also been playing with some guys on Bnet recently to test out new characters and stuff (some of them were on SEN but until now I didn't know). And we talked about that Beacon spell system with a Civilian.

The map might be great.. But we all agreed on something : casting a spell at a time you need it is damn slow. I realized it myself while playing Neji and wanted to counter enemy spells with Kaiten (rotation). By the time i send my Civilian guy on the beacon and the time it needs to reach it.. I already took at least half of the damage right away.

So here's the idea I had about this : replace the Civilian guy with a speed zergling. This would multiply the spell casting speed by 2.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 4 2014, 2:46 pm by Stranger.

None.

Mar 12 2014, 1:24 pm Stranger Post #26

Greetings !

I'm opening a thread for this map in the SC1 Map Production section.

There you will find a complete description of the map, news, progression, discussions etc.

I'll also update it often.

See you there :)

None.

Mar 13 2014, 6:01 pm mentalmp1 Post #27

Wow, people still make maps for sc1? Maybe I should get back into it!

Tell me, how many people still play broodwar on bnet? I would have to download sc + bw and I dont want to go through the hassle of dl'ing just to find out bnet is empty :(.

None.

Mar 13 2014, 9:42 pm Stranger Post #28

Yes :)

Including my map, several cool projects made by talanted people are currently in progress.

And yes, there are still many people on Bnet (joy ^^). I play on US East though, as other servers may be a bit empty.

Anyway, I've returned on it few months ago and discovered some really outstanding maps. It was a cool surprise, it's worth the effort and you will always find some people.

I also use to play with several guys from this SEN forum, it's really fun. Come and play ;)

None.

Mar 14 2014, 7:19 pm mentalmp1 Post #29

I just might check broodwar out. Only thing is I don't know how hard it is to get a working key, so we'll see.. Cool to hear sc1 is still active if only somewhat.

None.

Mar 14 2014, 11:50 pm Stranger Post #30

Only thing is I don't know how hard it is to get a working key

Buy one ? It must be pretty cheap.

But yeah, fortunately there's still stuff to do (and to play) with others on BW.

None.

Options
  Back to forum