Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Can't run mpq in editor
Can't run mpq in editor
Jul 2 2013, 3:20 am
By: DuplexBeGreat  

Jul 2 2013, 3:20 am DuplexBeGreat Post #1

Okay, so I have an issue regarding a certain custom MPQ/SEMPQ/EXE not made by me, the MPQDraft program, and the StarEdit program. The mod is Vision of the Future 4: Final Destiny, and whenever I try to run it through MPQDraft to open up the custom campaign files in StarEdit using the correct settings, StarEdit crashes. To clarify, I run MPQDraft, I click Load MPQ patch, I select StarEdit, I scroll down the list to the Vision4 file, and I click finish, and then StarEdit opens, just like when I try to open any other mod in the campaign editor.
However, when I try to open an actual map, an error box appears that says "RunScript: 588 ran non-opcode 254", and StarEdit promptly crashes. This happens with every map- custom made by me, custom maps made by others that may or may not involve heavy modding (including the maps specifically designed for this mod), even the official Blizzard melee maps that don't have any units placed on them at the start. I also get the same error code every time. What's maybe even more odd is that when I open the mod in StarEdit on a blank terrain, not an already-made map, it does not crash, not even if I start placing heavily modded units with custom GRPs and the like on the terrain. It does not crash if I start making numerous terrain edits. It only crashes when I open an already-made map, and it crashes every time. I have never had problems running any other custom mod through MPQDraft.
If anyone else has this mod in its original state available to them, could you please take a look at the MPQ file and see if you can figure out what might cause this? I know for a fact that the mod involves many tileset edits and custom GRPs, but even though I kinda know what is in the mod (I have played it, I just can't open the maps) and I know how to open the MPQ file in WinMPQ, I don't have any experience with modding myself beyond standard DatEdit- no custom GRPs or tilesets or advanced things like that so I have no idea what the file names in the MPQ mean. I can't provide a download link for the mod because campaigncreations.org has mysteriously disappeared (Seriously, the entire site is gone. What happened?), which is in fact the only reason I'm posting this here and not there. Please help.

None.

Options
  Back to forum