Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Making Units Attack like Desert Strike?
Making Units Attack like Desert Strike?
Dec 3 2012, 8:48 pm
By: IceWarrior98  

Dec 3 2012, 8:48 pm IceWarrior98 Post #1

How do I make units attack move and use abilities like in maps like Desert Strike or Nexus Wars.

None.

Dec 3 2012, 10:33 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Attack move:
You order units to attack a point after you created them. You need to click on the "(" to being able to alter the order type to an order that has a target point. Then you can select it.

Unit - Order all units in ('Last created units') to ( 'Attack' targeting 'POINT"') (Replace Existing Orders)

Using abilities much harder. For some abilities, you can try to alter the autocast filters and validators to change when an ability is casted. You could try and trigger the ability usage via orders, too.
This is not an easy task.

Dec 4 2012, 4:26 am IceWarrior98 Post #3

Okay I've been playing with auto cast and the best I could do was get a sentry to cast guardian shield after it's been hit by an attack. I want to make it so it casts when an enemy is within a certain range (I made the cast range 9). And then I tried making an infestor auto-cast but it won't even bother.

Update:

I've made a lot more progress using triggers to auto cast for me. I've gotten the sentry to use guardian shield when a trigger detects any unit with the ability acquiring a target. Probably not the most optimized way of doing things but it's the best I could do. And it works flawlessly.

Problem is though I can only make it work with abilities that don't have targets. For instance. I tried it with an Infestor to make him cast Infested Terran at a point (the point being between the Infestor and it's opponant) but it doesn't cast. I think the trigger itself isn't firing because the event isn't a valid event. I made it trigger when a unit acquires the infestor.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 4 2012, 7:43 pm by IceWarrior98.

None.

Options
  Back to forum