Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: The 2012 RPG Event
The 2012 RPG Event
Sep 16 2012, 4:59 pm
By: Oh_Man
Pages: < 1 4 5 6

Apr 2 2013, 3:46 pm zzt Post #101

Thank you! I'm so glad that my work got such prize! I appreciate your review very much. Yeah, damn difficuty... maybe I should have added 'difficulty' within the game :P

I think I would have to think for some time about my prize. Considering the price for HotS deluxe edition, 100$ seems much better, but I'm not much interested in computer peripheral. Then again, 100$ seems so much valuable compared to HotS deluxe edition... Is it a sweet dilemma?
I'll decide soon (2~3 days, probably) and tell you the final answer. Thank you, again!

PS: Getuc's English is actually supposed to suck. That's because he's a foreigner... but yeah, that's not true for other characters.

None.

May 11 2013, 6:45 pm MetalGear Post #102

Sorry for late submission. Here it is: http://www.staredit.net/files/2893/

None.

Jun 2 2013, 2:12 pm zzt Post #103

I got the prize! I ordered a 'R.A.T. 7 Gaming Mouse' (99$). After a long delivery and payment process, it finally got to my home. I'm using it right now with a new aluminum mouse pad.

Here are the pics.

Well, I forgot to take a pic of me using it (well, the most important one :P)

Thanks to Oh_Man for this great prize and the contest! This thing really is worth $99, in my opinion. Almost everything is perfectly customizable.

I really want to appreciate more, but my short English doesn't allow me to. Thank you again, Oh_Man!

None.

Jun 14 2013, 12:02 am Oh_Man Post #104

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

No worries it looks awesome.

Thanks all for participating and giving the community some fun RPGs to play.

Options
Pages: < 1 4 5 6
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:00 pm]
NudeRaider -- You are undead, why wouldn't you and your creations (GPTP) exist as (in) graves? I don't get why this needs fixing.
[01:58 pm]
UndeadStar -- I don't know in how many people imagination me and/or my GPTP existed as graves, but this will finally be fixed now that I've made the online code available
[10:26 am]
NudeRaider -- I can't say but it sounds plausible. You'd still have the problem with the palette.
[10:25 am]
Oh_Man -- it's not like the pixels themselves are inherit to one tileset or another.
[10:24 am]
Oh_Man -- Couldn't you redefine all the tiles from the other tilesets to be read as part of just one tileset instead of multiple perhaps
[10:16 am]
NudeRaider -- *make new tiles
[10:15 am]
NudeRaider -- The map structure only ever recognizes one tileset at a time. So you'd have to define your own map format then make an .exe that can load such files. I don't think it's ever been done; it sounds like a lot of work. What's commonly done with modding is creating a new tileset. Then you decide which tiles go in there. You can also make new ones. You will probably also have to create a new palette as the different tilesets share only part of their colors. Finally entering speculation territory you could maybe use EUDs to dynamically change the graphics of certain tiles. Not sure if it's possible, but if it is, you better make a topic for it.
[04:11 am]
O)FaRTy1billion[MM] -- no, that's not a thing you can do without modding the game
[03:56 am]
youarenotworthy -- I forget, did starforge ever allow you to mix tilesets?
[03:44 am]
O)FaRTy1billion[MM] -- use scmd or NudeRaider
NudeRaider shouted: You are right, however, in that the Remastered *graphics* are just a skin are interchangeable, even midgame. Skinability being another new functionality. Anyways, for tools that rely on the original mpqs you will have to obtain a legacy version of sc.
Please log in to shout.

Members Online: Roy, zsnakezz