Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Better Public RP
Better Public RP
Sep 10 2012, 5:29 am
By: Sand Wraith  

Sep 10 2012, 5:29 am Sand Wraith Post #1

she/her

I want to make one of those public RPs that seem to be pretty popular. Anyone can submit any actions. I'll update as frequently as possible.
There are a few rules though:
In between each of my updates, it's possible that multiple people want different things to happen. To resolve this, I have devised a primitive system.
1) Differing actions by different posters between updates will be chosen randomly. If 3 people post 3 different actions, each one will have a 1/3 chance of being used.
2) Different posters can "vote" on an action previously posted. The action with the most votes is used. If 2 people post different actions, a 3rd person can vote for one of the actions and that action will be used.
3) Any actions that are tied for having the most votes will be chosen randomly. The actions with fewer votes will not be included in this lottery.
4) I might suggest actions at the end of each update, but these suggestions start with 0 votes instead of 1 and are just to keep the ball rolling.

I hope you join.

-

Your name is Michael. You are an 18-yr old grade 12 male student at a public high school. It's Monday October 15, 8:00 AM, and you have just woken up.

Presently, you are lying in bed.

Your first class, English, starts at 8:50 AM. Normally, you would get dressed, wash up, eat, then leave by 8:35 AM, walking to your school in class to arrive with a few minutes to spare.

You hope that something interesting happens today though.

What would you like to do?

[] Follow your normal routine and go to class.
-[] Be attacked by a cat on the way to class
[] Skip class and...
-[] Stay home and do something. [Specify.]
-[] Go somewhere. [Specify.]

((Again: the above are just random ideas. Feel free to propose a different action.))




Sep 10 2012, 6:45 am Vrael Post #2



Get out of bed. Go take a dump, those nachos and cheese you had last night are really screaming to come out right about now.

While taking the dump, whip out your phone and call your foreign currency exchange consultant. Check up on what's happening in the asian markets right now so you can know which position to enter on the swiss franc today. -- Don't forget to wipe your ass this time.

After the dump, head over to the computer and enter today's position -- we're makin big buxx today!!

Get dressed and stuff to go to class, on your way there pick up a pack of gum. After picking up the gum, kill that cat that attacks you on your way to class by throwing it on the ground and stepping on its neck, then stomp its skull flat, then proceed to class as normal, wiping off any blood before your teachers see.



None.

Sep 10 2012, 7:40 pm Fire_Kame Post #3

a left leaning coexistence nut

SO is this happening? Other than the killing the cat thing I second Vrael's action. Can't we just push it aside carefully and run before it catches up to us?




Sep 10 2012, 8:41 pm Vrael Post #4



No. I don't like cats, and I'm driving this bus.



None.

Sep 10 2012, 8:43 pm Fire_Kame Post #5

a left leaning coexistence nut

FINE. But if we're going to brutally murder a cat I want to add "cry deeply" to the end of that action.




Sep 11 2012, 3:27 am Sand Wraith Post #6

she/her

Update incoming. Stand by...

-

You blast off from your bed like a rocket from its launch pad and race to the washroom, sweat pouring profusely from your pores. As you tumble down the hall, a groan like none heard by man emanates from the deepest recesses of your bowels. You slam the door open and you barely manage to position your bottom over the toilet before a gush of liquid chocolate pours out of your behind. You don't handle oily foods well.

The relief you feel is almost orgasmic.

You whip out your cell phone from nowhere and call your consultant.

"What can I do for you, Mr. Bamph?" asks your consultant. You moan your request, your almost-orgasmic relief still holding you in its grip.

"Er, one second..."

As you listen to your consultant, you begin to ponder how you retrieved your cell phone from thin air. You forget to wipe yourself.

Afterwards, you go to your computer and sit down. You feel as if your seat is a bit moist, so you get up and examine your chair. Seeing nothing out of the ordinary, you sit back down. Squish.

Ignoring the sound, you proceed to sell short and make big buxx.

You earn $200.

After taking a shower and changing into new clothes, you eat a meal of scrambled eggs with ketchup and bread. Delicious.

You leave for school. On your way to class, you spot a pack of gum. You take it from the pile of trash sitting inside a garbage bin. There are still 3 pieces in it. How fortunate!

As you pull it from the trash, you feel significant resistance. When you finally dislodge the pack of gum, a cat bursts out of the rubbish along with the gum.

The cat promptly attacks you.

Code
Cat has pre-emptive strike! Cat scratches you for 5 damage.

Your turn. You throw cat to the ground for 10 damage. (It appears your throw is only twice as strong as the cat's scratch.)

Cat's turn. Cat bites you for 6 damage.
You start bleeding!
You have contracted dormant rabies virus.

Your turn. You step on cat's neck for 15 damage.
You paralyze the cat.

Cat is paralyzed.
You stop bleeding.

Your turn. You stomp on cat's head for 30 damage. The sudden application of massive pressure causes cat's head to explode. Blood splatters all around your foot.

Cat dies.

Victory: +65 XP.

Congratulations! You are now level 2.


You contemplate the meaning of cat life. The horror that envelops you destroys your good mood, annihilates your personality, and transforms you into a sulking, disenfranchised, vulnerable boy.

You have developed major depression.

You cry deeply, wondering about how the cat you just killed probably left behind a cat family with a cat wife and nine cat children. Who would do this!? What cruel machinations does the Man employ? What systems perpetuate such injustice?

When you finally stop crying, you blow your nose into your sleeve. You shake your head, pocketing the pack of gum. As you walk, a trail of blood follows you. You wipe it all off by the time you reach class.

There is now a bloody streak originating from the trash can where you found the gum leading to the door of your classroom.

As you walk in, the teacher stops her lecture and scolds you.

"Michael, where have you been? You're 10 minutes late!"

You realize that you had been crying in place for 15 minutes after you killed the cat father.

You tear up again and choke out an apology.

The teacher's fiery eyes soften as she looks at you.

"I'll... let it slide this time. Come on, we're reading Macbeth today. Do you have your book?"

You nod and take a seat between a boy and a girl.

The boy, to the left, is a good friend of yours. His name is Kako. He's actually 16. He skipped two grades in the past, which is why he is in your 12th year English course. You befriended him in his first week of high school, when you were in grade 10. He was being bullied for being so young, somewhat immature, and having long hair, so you had stepped in, feeling sorry for the kid. One thing led to another and now the two of you are good friends, frequently hanging out during lunch and after school.

(Now that you think about it, you recall that you were held back a year because you had gone travelling with your family during your 11th grade, so you had to repeat the grade. This would be the second year you two were in the same grade.)

The girl, sitting at your right, is Mary. She's your homeroom's class rep, a part of the athletic and leadership councils, and a grade A student. You two have shared many courses last year. You've worked with her in a physics project before, and the two of you received the highest evaluation out of the class. You call each other friends and work well together, but  unbeknowest to her, you actually intend to invite her to come with you to your high school's senior prom at the end of the year. Although, you two have never really had a chance to have a good chat outside of school, so you do feel a bit nervous.

Mary is listening intently to the teacher's notes about Macbeth and writing her own notes.

Kako casts a worried look at you. You give him a weak smile and reach into your bag for your copy of Macbeth.

Uh oh. It's missing. You immediately mentally scream, "DID I LOSE IT?" Calming down slightly, you realize that you had left it by your bed. You were reading it while you were munching on cheese and nachos.

You almost breathe a sigh of relief.

But it's not okay.

As you exhale, your sigh becomes one of despondency.

Why did this happen to you? How could you have forgotten your book? Now your teacher will kill you, African children will starve, the cat father's cat family will starve, the African children will eat the cat father's cat family, and your parents will disown you! Woe is you! Such cruelty and malice! How can any of these fools live with this knowledge?!

An epiphany dawns over you. They don't know what you know. None of them know the pain and suffering within you and around you.

Perturbations!

"Michael, are you okay? You're trembling..."

Kako is talking to you. You realize now that your fists are clenched and your breathing is coming hard. He has his arm half out-stretched toward you, hovering, hesitating.

What do you do?

[] "Kako... What is a man?"
[] Look down in shame. You're so beta. Why don't you just kill yourself?
[] Smile and ask him what's wrong.
[] Pretend to sleep.

((The more I write, the more I feel like I should just three-quarters-railroad this like a Choose Your Own Adventure story. Eh. Thoughts?))

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 11 2012, 4:59 am by Sand Wraith.




Sep 11 2012, 2:54 pm Fire_Kame Post #7

a left leaning coexistence nut

Look down in shame and cry some more.




Sep 14 2012, 5:22 am Vrael Post #8



Quote from Fire_Kame
Look down in shame and cry some more.
Seconded.

Also, at the next opportunity, add a potato to your inventory. I have a feeling a potato will be very important in the upcoming adventures.



None.

Sep 14 2012, 5:58 am Sand Wraith Post #9

she/her

I will update once I get some free time. My days have been busy. It might take until the weekend.

Actions are still open to suggestion until the next "incoming update" post.




Sep 14 2012, 2:35 pm Fire_Kame Post #10

a left leaning coexistence nut

Quote from Vrael
Quote from Fire_Kame
Look down in shame and cry some more.
Seconded.

Also, at the next opportunity, add a potato to your inventory. I have a feeling a potato will be very important in the upcoming adventures.
Oh, a potato is a good addition. We're at school right? I bet we could find them in the school cafeteria.

EDIT: better be a raw potato. Cooked potatoes can be messy in pockets. If there aren't any in the school cafeteria we should find the closest approximation to a biology lab, and if that fails, we should walk to a nearby grocer's.




Sep 22 2012, 5:58 am Sand Wraith Post #11

she/her

[UPDATE]

Attempting:
[x] Look down in shame and cry deeply.
[x] Acquire a potato, preferably raw.

Monday, Oct. 15, 9:10 AM

You look up at Kako for a moment, seeing concern written all over his face. Such a pure soul - he wears his heart on his sleeve.

Unlike you... You avert your eyes and hang your head.

Kako's soul is pure and innocent, unlike yours. Your heart and soul are black as midnight. You feed the darkness, and the darkness feeds you. Only from the shadows do you draw strength, from hate, fear, envy, lust, and pride. When the sun rises, you find solace in the umbra of your heart. Such is the anguish entwined with the threads of your existence. You're so despicable and loathesome - the nadir of humanity. You useless slug. Why are you even still alive? You should just kill yourself already. Idiot.

"M-Michael!" Kako is shaking you lightly, trying to call out to you as you lament upon the great but lonely spires within your mind. Steeped in your suffering, you fail to notice Kako's shaking.

"Ms. Caresy, Michael's crying!" Panic has gripped Kako's fair voice. "Please, let me take him to the nurse's office!"

//Someone... cares about... me?...// you think to yourself.

Wait a minute, you're crying!?

You realize only now that you are sniffing like the sick and crying like you've just been diagnosed with a terminal cancer. Your tears have formed a small puddle on the ground. You're so beta. Emo.

By now, the English teacher has already asked you twice if you would like to go see the nurse, but you're too busy opening the floodgates of your tear ducts. All the while, Kako has been begging the teacher to let the two of you go.

Ms. Caresy relents and tells you to go to with Kako to the nurse's office. The two of you leave the classroom. Even though he is about a head shorter than you,Kako is helping to support your weight while navigating the path - he's doing this for a slob like you because you're too damn lethargic to walk normally let alone watch where you're going. Faggot.

The two of you slowly proceed.Halfway to the nurse's office, Kako speaks.

"Michael, are you okay? Do you want to tell me what happened? I mean, I know it's not like you to walk in so late with blood on your shoes..."

You give a surprised look to Kako.

"The blood's already oxidized, and it looks as if you were bleeding from your leg. You didn't get into a fight, did you?" The worry in Kako's voice increases. "I noticed the trail of blood outside the class, and it wasn't there when I went in. I'm young, but I can put 2 and 2 together..."

A pause in the conversation ensues as you decide what to do.

"...You don't have to tell me what happened if you don't want to. I'm just... really worried..."

The two of you trudge along.

What do you do?

[] Tell Kako what happened.
[] Bluff. (Specify.)
[] Cry deeply.

((Looks like you weren't able to acquire a potato this time around! You can try again later though.

Additionally, I would like to notify players that at any time, you can ask for a status update to check your inventory, buffs/debuffs, and whatever else information I decide to provide.))

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 22 2012, 7:14 am by Sand Wraith. Reason: sp




Sep 23 2012, 1:30 am Fire_Kame Post #12

a left leaning coexistence nut

Tell Kako what happened, but keep your eye open for any stray potatos. I'd go so far to suggest if you pass the cafeteria/the hall to the cafeteria you detour if possible.




Sep 23 2012, 1:56 am Generalpie Post #13

Staredit Puckwork

Call a sex line, then cry deeply.



None.

Oct 12 2012, 12:32 am Fire_Kame Post #14

a left leaning coexistence nut

Saaaaand Wraaaiiith....update your threeead!




Oct 13 2012, 11:09 pm Sand Wraith Post #15

she/her

Votes are closed. Will update ASAP.




Oct 16 2012, 5:41 am Sand Wraith Post #16

she/her

This update is probably going to take a long time for outside reasons.




Jun 3 2013, 1:06 pm Sand Wraith Post #17

she/her

[UPDATE]

((That was a long time, huh?))

Attempting:
[x] Call a sex line and cry deeply.
[x] Tell Kako what happened.
[x] Acquire a potato if possible.

Monday, Oct. 15, 9:25 AM

Kako is watching you intently. He looks almost teary eyed - is he crying over the futility of the world and everything, too?

You cannot bring yourself up to explaining the situation. You are too ashamed of your sinful soul. May your eternal spirit burn in the flames of Hell eternally. Forever. Amen.

While wallowing in major depression, you begin to feel slightly feverish. Mistaking it for a fire in your shameful and animalistic loins, you look around for a pay phone; you need to call the sex line, right now. Your urges simply must be satisfied immediately. Seeing none, you are thrown into the pits of the Abysmal Darkness of Despair and Death (figuratively speaking). Conveniently, due to your depression and upcoming fever, you forget that you have a cell phone on you. Concurrently, you realize that you can simply ask Kako for his cell phone.

Kako is still waiting anxiously for your response.

"Kako... I... need to use your phone." He wastes no time in offering it to you, or breath asking either of why you do not use your own or for what you need it.

As you reach for it, you trip over yourself. How pathetic. You awkwardly land on top of Kako. How rude.

Pomf!

Neither of you are injured in the fall. How fortunate. Having successfully stopped your fall, your head is now in Kako's bosom. How perverted. You can feel his heartbeat through his chest. Are you some sort of misandrist? You are unaware that your scepter of power had charged up while you were thinking about the sex line and is now poking Kako's leg.

The two of you recover yourselves. Kako, noticeably flushed, shoves his phone in your direction which you thankfully acquire without any further catastrophes. Cat... Sorrow drenches the syllable.

You attempt to dial the number of the sex line but you are matched against an insurmountable problem: a pitiful ignorance of the sex line's number. You can already begin to feel the heat of the tears that well up within you, gracing your eyes. Your scepter of power is extinguished.

"Michael, what's wrong?" Kako is begging you in a shaky voice by now.

As you admit defeat and return the phone to Kako, you notice the cute, little eleven-legged spider accessories attached to his phone. Kako's innocence provides a small glimmer of hope in a sea of human depravity. You smile.

"Kako: never give up your innocence."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know the number for the sex line."

Kako stares at you without a hint. Tears line his eyelashes. "Uhm... I'm not sure what that is but... Let's just hurry to the nurse's office."

-

Five minutes later, you reach the nurse's office. There, the nurse, Dr. Ab, MD, a 28-year old, 6' 7" hulking man of a man (unlike you, you pussy) grunts to greet the two of you. Kako quickly explains the situation as the two of you are wordlessly offered seating. When Kako finishes, Dr. Ab gestures for you to get up. Complying, you are then swept off your feet into the behemoth's arms and laid on a bed behind a curtain.

The nurse diagnosis you with major depression and rabies immediately. He proceeds to clean the wounds you received from the cat earlier and vaccinates you to treat the rabies. As he finishes up his work, applying bandages to your cuts and bite wounds, Kako peeks from behind the curtain.

"Excuse me, may I come in?"

Dr. Ab looks at you questioning. You nod. He gestures to Kako. As the boy walks in, he produces some tin foil.

"Uhm, Michael, I thought that maybe you might be hungry, so I went to the caf' and bought a roasted potato for you."

You are overtaken by this gesture of kindness. Why would anyone reserve such a gift for an insect? Kako must truly be a saint.

"Thank you, Kako."

"D-don't mention it!" says Kako, fidgeting.

You pocket the roasted potato. You sigh.

"Kako, the truth is, I had a fight today with a being just as disillusioned as I was. He - or she, I couldn't tell - and I were the same - lost souls wandering in a wasteland of garbage." Kako listened patiently as you recounted the insignificant events and mortal thoughts that went through your meager mind since your duel with the beast.

While you and Kako were talking, Dr. Ab wrote a note. He hands it to you when you finish your monologue. It reads: "Michael, I have diagnosed you with major depression. Would you like medication for it? You are 18, so you can choose on your own. Besides that, I have already treated you for rabies. Please be careful around stray animals! You should also take a shower - it smells as though you forgot to clean yourself after the last time you defecated. Feel free to rest here as long as you want, return to class, or go home early. While I you are reading this, I would like to comment that your friend here must care for you a lot... I wish I had friends like him back in high school. Why, there was this one time..."

The note continued on the backside, but you decide to cease reading.

What would you like to do?

Section A:
[] Accept medication.
[] Decline medication.

Section B:
[] Stay in the nurse's office.
[] Return to class.
[] Leave school early.




Jun 3 2013, 2:17 pm NudeRaider Post #18

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Accept medication to make you unresponsible for any further actions.
Stay in the nurse's office and try to seduce her.




Jun 3 2013, 3:45 pm Sand Wraith Post #19

she/her

wat

Nono, you're responsible for your actions either way.
Also, there aren't any girls in the nurse's office.




Jun 3 2013, 4:19 pm Fire_Kame Post #20

a left leaning coexistence nut

No we're not; society will pity us.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[11:13 pm]
Ultraviolet -- :shifty:
[10:21 pm]
UndeadStar -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: :wob::wob::wob::wob::wob:
On my browser, animations are disabled by default, and somehow, those :wob: ended up not aligned, like they're doing a wave. Didn't happen with MTiger156
MTiger156 shouted: How about x6 wob? :wob: :wob: :wob: :wob: :wob: :wob:
[01:34 am]
RIVE -- Long wob is long
[2021-4-16. : 4:27 pm]
RdeRenato -- si
[2021-4-16. : 2:12 pm]
MTiger156 -- How about x6 wob? :wob: :wob: :wob: :wob: :wob: :wob:
[2021-4-16. : 11:09 am]
NudeRaider -- :wob: UV has the longest
[2021-4-16. : 9:27 am]
O)FaRTy1billion[MM] -- :wob:
[2021-4-15. : 1:10 am]
Ultraviolet -- :wob::wob::wob::wob::wob:
[2021-4-15. : 1:10 am]
Ultraviolet -- :wob:
[2021-4-14. : 11:19 pm]
Zycorax -- :wob:
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, Pandut, Butch