Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: StarCraft II - HotS: new Features announced
StarCraft II - HotS: new Features announced
May 7 2012, 5:58 pm
By: Ahli  

May 7 2012, 5:58 pm Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

STARCRAFT II Heart of the Swarm -
--- Developer Update ---

Blizzard's StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm Production Director Chris Sigaty revealed the features that will come around the time when Heart of the Swarm will hit the shelves.
They announced the Multiplayer game resuming was one of their goals some time ago, but now we receive even greater news. It will be possible to continue the match from replay. Someone in the community showed with his hack that it was already technically possible, but now such a feature will be integrated officially.
Just like Diablo 3 will have no more closed servers, Starcraft II will open the gateways for global play to enjoy the games with your friends all over the world and allowing professionals from different continents to play against each other without the necessity of account sharing or acquiring 6 battle.net accounts with one copy of the game per gateway.
In addition to that the language changing option will be fully implemented again after we saw its last trace in SC2's beta. Furthermore clans, unranked matches like ladder games and replays watchable with friends will be made possible.

Quote from Blizzard
Here's a list of some of the features we are planning to release at or around the launch of Heart of the Swarm:
  • Multiplayer resume from replay
  • Global Play
  • Multilanguage support
  • Clan/group system
  • Unranked matchmaking
  • Multiplayer replay viewing

Quote from Blizzard
We'll also be offering a beta sneak peek of Heart of the Swarm to attendees of the MLG Spring Championship on June 8–10 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. Additionally, we will be releasing news in the next few weeks about how your participation in the upcoming Arcade (1.5) beta can win you chances to get into the upcoming Heart of the Swarm multiplayer beta test.

You can read the whole article here.

May 7 2012, 7:30 pm The Starport Post #2

So... getting groups and multiplayer replays is WoL DLC. Gotcha.
jk

None.

May 7 2012, 7:45 pm UnholyUrine Post #3

Very legit question:

Do people of WoL get these "Features"
Wow, global play and multiplayer replay vieweing and clan/guild systems are now "features".... that's sad

None.

May 7 2012, 9:14 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from UnholyUrine
Do people of WoL get these "Features"
Wow, global play and multiplayer replay vieweing and clan/guild systems are now "features".... that's sad
A distinguishing characteristic of a software item (e.g., performance, portability, or functionality).

Why shouldn't you get HotS?
Campaign, assets, multiplayer units, most custom maps will migrate to HotS because of assets and new functionalities.

I would guess that it will be a battle.net update and not optional stuff bound to HotS. But I could be mistaken.

May 7 2012, 9:45 pm Jack Post #5

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Excellent news. I wonder if unranked matchmaking will include custom maps, I'm guessing not but it'd be great if it did.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 7 2012, 9:57 pm IskatuMesk Post #6

Lord of the Locker Room

Multiplayer replay viewing would have been nice if I was still casting. You know, wc3 never got that at all. They were probably feeling the pressure from Valve just dancing around them laughing in this nasally voice. "Tee hee hee!"

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

May 7 2012, 10:12 pm NudeRaider Post #7

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Wow I didn't think I'd see the day. A while back I made that it official requirement that I want to be able to play with EVERYONE I know, not just people from my region. Now that they're gonna implement it I'll stand by my word and buy HotS.

And I must say with this I'm slowly regaining my faith in Blizzard. It seems they are going to put the impressive support into sc2 that they put into sc1. Terrible decisions for the launch of the game, but they're slowly getting it fixed.

May 7 2012, 11:02 pm TiKels Post #8

Nude is going to play sc2? This could be fun. I'm just starting laddering again. We could get good together <3

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

May 8 2012, 7:09 am NudeRaider Post #9

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Sure, we can play a few matches but don't expect much from me. I was never big in sc1 melee and nor will I be in sc2. I'm more of an UMS guy.

May 8 2012, 4:25 pm UnholyUrine Post #10

Is there any news on the Price of HotS?

None.

May 8 2012, 6:32 pm Ahli Post #11

Quote from UnholyUrine
Is there any news on the Price of HotS?
Will be priced as an expansion.

No further info have been released as far as I know.

May 9 2012, 3:14 am ClansAreForGays Post #12

HotS looks so good now that I'm not even getting D3.

Starting to learn the editor now, just sucks that there aren't any starter guides in plain sight (seriously?)

So what's gonna be new in HotS editor wise? HotS multiplayer has already been mimicked perfectly in a public custom map.

May 9 2012, 6:24 am Jack Post #13

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

HotS is supposed to include blizz's art tools, which would theoretically mean more custom models. Unfortunately their "art tools" are probably just scripts for 3Ds max, like in WCIII. We'll see though.

Blizzard is actually listening to the community better with patch 1.5 and HotS, although who knows if it'll last. They could also add a lot of stuff and make it not as good as we're thinking, their execution is important.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 9 2012, 12:09 pm Oh_Man Post #14

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Why would HotS stop you from getting D3 they are completely different genres?

I'm gettin both!

May 9 2012, 7:06 pm UnholyUrine Post #15

@Oh_Man
Because not everyone here is incredibly rich?

@Jack
Same feelings here. I'd rather sit and wait to see how this "community focus" plays out.
I still feel that a lot of these new "features" are things that should've been here in the first place.

None.

May 9 2012, 8:34 pm IskatuMesk Post #16

Lord of the Locker Room

D3 isn't going to suck. It already sucks.

HoTS to me seems to be a deeper investment in a product that wasn't finished to begin with. I'll wait and see if they actually fix anything I care about.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Options
  Back to forum