Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Learn: Passive
Learn: Passive
May 6 2012, 3:26 am
By: luzz  

May 6 2012, 3:26 am luzz Post #1

I'm trying to make a learnable passive behavior, but I have no idea how... I know how to make a learnable ability that is upgradable, but there isnt really a passive ability (Except the behavior ability, but thats a toggle on/off). Just to make things more clear this should be something like a Warcraft 3 hero system with the upgradable abilities. Another example is the brutalisk hero in zealot frenzy. His final is an upgradable passive buff.

Hope I gave enough info. Thank you for your help!

None.

May 6 2012, 8:13 am DevliN Post #2

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

What I did for my passive abilities on Invasion was to create a Behavior Ability with Stats: Flags+ set to "Auto Cast" and "Auto Cast On". I then have a Requirement linked to it that checks if the Ability is completed at the unit.

I'm not sure if that's what you were going for, but that's how I was able to get levelable passive abilities.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 6 2012, 1:28 pm luzz Post #3

So the unit would automatically cast the ability. Ok, but then would the button not look like a passive buff? But an actual ability that u can turn on/off? I may have to go with this, but there has to be a better way.

None.

May 6 2012, 4:56 pm DevliN Post #4

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

The button would look like a an unclickable ability because it is passive and already on. You can't turn it off. I have yet to find a better way to do it, but then again I stopped looking since this works perfectly.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 6 2012, 5:06 pm by DevliN.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 6 2012, 6:08 pm luzz Post #5

Ok I'll try it out! Thank you very much. :)

None.

May 6 2012, 10:02 pm luzz Post #6

Ok, so buff upgrading works, but how did you get the passive image to appear when the spell is upgraded?

None.

May 6 2012, 10:39 pm Ahli Post #7

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from luzz
Ok, so buff upgrading works, but how did you get the passive image to appear when the spell is upgraded?
Requirement?

May 6 2012, 10:50 pm luzz Post #8

When I put a requirement on the button itself in the command card, the requirement never takes effect. This is the only way I know to make a requirement for a passive, and it doesn't work for me.

Also, I have worked around it by adding a second button that is a passive with no behavior (So the button isn't grayed out)

None.

May 6 2012, 10:56 pm Ahli Post #9

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Have a look at the marauder and his passive button.

Options
  Back to forum