Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Enemy AI Preferences
Enemy AI Preferences
Jan 2 2012, 6:23 pm
By: ArchMcShane  

Jan 2 2012, 6:23 pm ArchMcShane Post #1

I think melee and campaign AI difficulty are both too fast-paced for the casual player, like myself. If only you can modify either one, and have it scale up, on the fly as you get better. Kinda like a practice scenario, but as you meet certain conditions, the AI gets harder and harder. And depending on the current AI difficulty, if you meet the Victory conditions, it better contributes to your Scenario score. The scoring system is based on performance, you're more likely to get a lower score if you fail the mission, rather than succeeding it. But I'll save Scoring for another thread.

Ok, say you need to meet the following conditions for the Enemy AI to scale up by one skill level

Destroy 10 of any units in the Jargon Brood.

Gather 5000 minerals, regardless of expense.

Harvest 1000 Vespene, regardless of expense.

Train 15 units from any "Barracks".

And I want the script to execute a higher AI skill level for all computer players. Meaning the Jargon Brood will act more aggressive, and manage resources more wisely. Eventually, when you trigger a certain AI skill level, you enemy will want to build a hatchery near a dense resource region on the map. Perhaps I said too much, but maybe this acts as a clue to make a second base there, before they do.

The map will have the Enemy AI scale up four times starting out with "Encampment". Then, it goes to "Installation", "Outpost", "Fortress" and finally "Stronghold". Brace yourself for the fight on "Stronghold". Survive that, and you should be able to conquer the rest of the campaign.

If this sounds like a new concept to you, then I'm stumped. If any of you made something similar to that, I would to see how you did it so I can learn by example.

None.

Options
  Back to forum