Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Applying Attributes With Abilities
[SOLVED] Applying Attributes With Abilities
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Dec 9 2011, 5:00 pm
By: Superfield  

Dec 9 2011, 5:00 pm Superfield Post #1

So, what I want is for a player to easily see how many times a certain debuff has been applied to a unit. Attributes seem to be the best method, but every tutorial out there teaches how to use attributes for hero units, where the attribute is always applied to the unit. I want the attribute to turn on when the debuff is applied and turn off when all stacks of the debuff are removed. No, it's not as easy as having the initial effect of the debuff to apply the attribute; attribute behaviors cannot be applied to units via Apply Behavior effects.

If nothing else, is there a way to toggle when the attribute is hidden or not, so that if the debuff isn't applied, the attribute is simply invisible? Or, better yet, is there a way to make the debuff's tooltip show its current stack count, discounting the need for an attribute behavior in the first place?

I hope you understand my issue and can point me to a solution that will accomplish what I'm after.

None.

Dec 19 2011, 7:04 am Superfield Post #2

Disregard this topic; attributes are not the answer to this question. It was only after I posted this that I found that applying even one attribute completely alters the look of the UI, which is not what I'm going for.

However, I did figure it out. I made a separate "dummy" ability for each stack of the debuff (mine stacked 9 times, so I had 1 that actually did the modification and 9 that existed purely for their UI elements). Each one had a requirement that the debuff be stacked the corresponding amount of times, and a validator that would remove the dummy if it didn't have any stacks of the debuff at all. Then, it was a simple matter of making the ability that applies the debuff to also apply all of the dummies. It works flawlessly now.

None.

Options
  Back to forum