Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: New Structures and more noobness
New Structures and more noobness
Dec 3 2011, 2:52 am
By: SCRuler
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >

Dec 4 2011, 2:34 am Biophysicist Post #21

Quote from xAngelSpiritx
Three: I've posted a topic about that before, and the general consensus was that it was hardcoded and not easily changeable.
BWAI has an EXE edit to allow Acid Spores to work on ground, and another to make them /only/ work on ground.

Also, the Firebat has nobrkcodestart before activating the flamethrower overlay, but the nobrkcodeend is in the overlay iscript. Therefore, if you remove the overlay, the Firebat will be in a permanent nobrkcode after attacking, and unable to receive orders. The obvious way to fix this is to put a nobrkcodeend in the main 'Bat iscript.

None.

Dec 4 2011, 3:09 am SCRuler Post #22

I discovered the iscript involvement in the flamethrower... When I removed the applicable thread of the code, I compiled it without a problem. However, when I loaded the test map, I gave him the attack order and he attacked the target practice structure I had there once and responded to no other orders. Saw the post after. nobrkcodeend, correct? I just tried to remove the nobrkcodestart, it worked, but in order to make it attack repeatedly, I had to continually click the target. in order to make a decent pace, do I need to have the nobrkcodestart there along with the nobrkcodeend?

As for giving it to another unit, do I add the thread to a different unit?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 4 2011, 3:18 am by SCRuler.

None.

Dec 4 2011, 3:36 am Biophysicist Post #23

Is there a gotorepeatattk command in the attack animation, and is it actually being executed?

None.

Dec 4 2011, 4:48 am xAngelSpiritx Post #24

eternal lurker

Quote from Biophysicist
Quote from xAngelSpiritx
Three: I've posted a topic about that before, and the general consensus was that it was hardcoded and not easily changeable.
BWAI has an EXE edit to allow Acid Spores to work on ground, and another to make them /only/ work on ground.
In fairness, I experimented with that before RadiganP became the second coming of DoA.

None.

Dec 4 2011, 1:54 pm SCRuler Post #25

Quote from Biophysicist
Is there a gotorepeatattk command in the attack animation, and is it actually being executed?
Ah, no. It seems to link GndAttkInit and GndAttkRpt. Like so:

FirebatGndAttkInit:
playfram 0x00 # frame set 0
FirebatGndAttkRpt:
wait 1
playfram 0x11 # frame set 1
attkshiftproj 24
wait 1
attkshiftproj 52
wait 1
attkshiftproj 80
wait 5
playfram 0x00 # frame set 0
wait 2
ignorerest
FirebatGndAttkToIdle:
goto FirebatWalkingToIdle
Where would I put it?

None.

Dec 4 2011, 9:49 pm Biophysicist Post #26

Well, that is weird. According to the Maplantis wiki, ignorerest makes the script pause until another animation is called... I'm not sure if it is correct, and I'm even less sure why it's there, but I would try putting a gotorepeatattk before it. If that doesn't work, try removing the ignorerest (and leaving the gotorepeatattk you added earlier).

gotorepeatattk, incidentally, tells StarCraft to call GndAttkRpt once the unit's cooldown is done (or AirAttkRpt if the unit is attacking air). (Note that this animation is not necessarily named UnitGndAttkRpt (or UnitAirAttkRpt); some units use UnitGndAttkInit for their GndAttkRpt animation, for example. Looking at the header will tell you.)

...Unrelatedly, I thought of an interesting iscript trick: What happens if you make the time between the start of the GndAttkRpt animation and the call to gotorepeatattk longer than the weapon's cooldown, and then make some overlay (D-Matrix?) use the full iscript and fill all the extra animations with an empty loop, /except/ GndAttkInit and GndAttkRpt, which call gotorepeatattk instantly? If I'm right, when the unit attacks while it has the overlay, the overlay will call gotorepeatattk, so once the weapon cooldown is done, the unit will attack again, but more quickly than it otherwise would! Interesting.

None.

Dec 4 2011, 9:58 pm SCRuler Post #27

Ah ok. Good. Also, I need a new grp for a Queen replacement. I haven't seen anything appropriate on maplantis. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?
Also is it possible to make spawn broodlings make larva instead?

None.

Dec 4 2011, 10:17 pm Biophysicist Post #28

That depends on what you want to do with those Larvae. Additional details, please?

None.

Dec 4 2011, 10:36 pm SCRuler Post #29

I just want additional useful larva. That's about it. Like maybe two or three added to the hives output.

None.

Dec 4 2011, 10:55 pm Biophysicist Post #30

I got that. But, what exactly is the spell you have in mind? Something like the SC2 Queen's injection, or?

None.

Dec 4 2011, 10:58 pm SCRuler Post #31

Perhaps, or even just causing larva to split into two. That might be easier. And I still wonder about replacement graphics for the queen. I need something nice and big and impressive, but not structure sized.
Also I am still curious as to how to animate the Ion Cannon. do I use the format of 0x00?

None.

Dec 4 2011, 11:08 pm Biophysicist Post #32

Making Larva split is easier, but by a trivial amount. Get BWAI's extended EXE Edit list and you can make Spawn Broodlings not kill the target, which would let it be targetted on the Hatch/Lair/Hive safely. I would think this way would be better, as the Hatch/Lair/Hive is a much bigger target, etc, and easier to click; that is why there is the Select Larva button. But, the problem with either is that you need a way to make it only target the correct unit... Oh!

Okay, here's a way. The only thing the Robotic flag is used for is preventing Spawn Broodlings from hitting Reavers and Probes. As you're cannibalising Spawn Broodlings anyway, it isn't need for that purpose. So... Allow Spawn Broodlings to target structures, flag it as only targetting allies, and /flag everything except the Hatch/Lair/Hive as robotic/.

None.

Dec 4 2011, 11:10 pm SCRuler Post #33

Interesting fix. I'll try it. Where do I get that?

None.

Dec 4 2011, 11:29 pm Biophysicist Post #34

I haven't tested it, but this should have everything. Alternatively, this.

EDITL To play frameset N, put playfram 0xNN, where N is in hexidecimal. For example, if frameset 7 is the start of the attack animation in the GRP, you would probably want playfram 0x77 at the beginning of the attack iscript.

None.

Dec 4 2011, 11:34 pm SCRuler Post #35

Firegraft? but I already have firegraft.

None.

Dec 5 2011, 12:15 am Biophysicist Post #36

...It's BWAI's version, with the new edits.

None.

Dec 5 2011, 12:19 am SCRuler Post #37

So will this let me do a Protoss exclusive repair spell too?

None.

Dec 5 2011, 12:31 am Biophysicist Post #38

I don't know.

None.

Dec 5 2011, 12:58 am SCRuler Post #39

Ok. I will attempt it. You Still working on the plugin you mentioned earlier?
Addition: I tried it, It overwrote my version of firegraft and it required either 1.15.1 or 1.16.1. I have 1.15.2. Either way...
is it possible for protoss structures to transform into other structures? Or can I add a new construction list?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 5 2011, 2:50 am by SCRuler.

None.

Dec 5 2011, 3:01 am Sand Wraith Post #40

she/her

Frame sets are for units that turn, IIRC.

For units/structures where only a few frames matter, play specific frames instead of frame sets.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >
  Back to forum