Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Custom Melee Map with Campaign Abilities
Custom Melee Map with Campaign Abilities
Aug 27 2011, 11:05 am
By: Dharmok  

Aug 27 2011, 11:05 am Dharmok Post #1

I'm brand new to editing Starcraft 2 maps.

All I want to do is make it so I can have a few of the Terran units from the campaign, like Firebat, Medics, Wraiths, Goliath, Vultures. I also want to know how to enable the campaign research abilities for all the Terran units.

Does anyone know how to explain it simply? Maybe there's a beginners tutorial somewhere?

Thanks a lot,

Dharmok & Jilad

None.

Aug 27 2011, 11:39 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Welcome to SEN!

There's quite a bit of info on the wiki and youtube. For your question, you want to add the campaign dependency:
http://www.galaxywiki.net/FAQs
"You must add a Campaign Dependency at the top of the list of your map's Dependencies (found under File -> Map Dependencies)."

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 27 2011, 12:05 pm Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

1. You need to add the campaign AND the story mode dependency to your map. To avoid bugs, you should remove multiplayer dependency, if it is existing in the map. So you have 3 dependencies.
2. Add the story techology for each player in a trigger that runs in the beginning of the map. Use an integer variable as the player and use a loop that adds every story technology to the player that you want to use. There are more technologies in the editor than they are used in the campaign.

If you can't accomplish that, I will upload a map that has this (which I just made to learn how to do that).

Aug 27 2011, 7:18 pm Dharmok Post #4

Quote from Ahli
1. You need to add the campaign AND the story mode dependency to your map. To avoid bugs, you should remove multiplayer dependency, if it is existing in the map. So you have 3 dependencies.
2. Add the story techology for each player in a trigger that runs in the beginning of the map. Use an integer variable as the player and use a loop that adds every story technology to the player that you want to use. There are more technologies in the editor than they are used in the campaign.

If you can't accomplish that, I will upload a map that has this (which I just made to learn how to do that).

---------

Yes I would like to see that map you made to learn how to do that. I'm having trouble doing what you suggested :(

None.

Aug 27 2011, 7:38 pm Ahli Post #5

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Notice the dependencies under: "File -> Dependencies". Blizzard's campaign uses exactly the same.

In Trigger editor there is 1 trigger that gives every player every tech that was available there. Notice that not all of these techs were used/available in the campaign.

Have fun. :)

Attachments:
campaignTest.SC2Map
Hits: 4 Size: 76.8kb

Aug 28 2011, 3:14 am Dharmok Post #6

Here's the map I'm trying to make. It's supposed to be 2 human Terran vs 4 ai Protoss/Zerg. I can't get it to work :(
What am i doing wrong?

Edit: Dammit can't upload the file...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 28 2011, 3:30 am by Roy. Reason: Try not to double-post

None.

Options
  Back to forum