Music
Aug 25 2011, 7:16 am
By: HavoK  

Aug 26 2011, 8:48 am HavoK Post #21

So, I just found out that there was an official website for this thing haha
Downloaded the free version and finally tried it out. Didn't notice anything at all, did it for 15 minutes...

@poison
Did you find any tricks at all to get the effects? I was reading up on some forums and your suppose to really pay attention to the sound, but I find it hard to concentrate to it, because of my ADD... :(

--> Link to website <--

None.

Aug 26 2011, 11:18 am poison_us Post #22

Back* from the grave

Quote from Sacrieur
Having fun being scammed?
I take it you think that 30 minutes is so valuable that you wouldn't use that time to try something new. Bummer, man.

Aug 26 2011, 4:14 pm Sacrieur Post #23

Still Napping

Quote from poison_us
Quote from Sacrieur
I take it you think that 30 minutes is so valuable that you wouldn't use that time to try something new. Bummer, man.

The good ol' don't knock it 'til you try it fallacy.

Let's all stop assuming the brain is some enigmatic organ for a second. Brain chemistry becomes complicated, but it's based on many, many basic principles. And let's actually look into what binaural beats are, since the i-dosing website seems to be scamming people in the same way homeopathic remedies scam people (QUANTUM WEIRDNESS. SEE IT WORKS!)

It's quite simple, binaural beats requires that two separate, yet close frequencies be played in each ear. The effect is a perceived beat, when there is no actual beat. This is a form of auditory illusion. Despite claims that binaural beats could induce relaxation, there is virtually no scientific evidence to support it. There has been some success in altering brainwave activity with alpha-theta brainwave training, but mind you that this is still under much study, and the effects are small.

The idea that it could make you hallucinate or become drunk is completely stupid and ignorant. Your body cannot magically produce alcohol or THC or LSD or amphetamines. Changing your brain state from alpha to beta won't magically make you high, it will only make you more relaxed. This is no more than glorified meditation, with similar effects.

So please, educate yourself, and realize that this is all one big scam.

None.

Aug 26 2011, 4:38 pm TiKels Post #24

Omg the irony of sac talking to poison about "chemistry" XD...

I'd probably say the way to go about taking this stuff is close to the way you fall asleep.

Gotta relax.

The videos on youtube are pretty convincing sac. And if poison said he cried that is even more. I don't think ANY of the things said that they would produce an effect identical to any drug, but rather they would produce something... Like .1 intensity.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 26 2011, 4:57 pm poison_us Post #25

Back* from the grave

Quote from Sacrieur
Quote from poison_us
Quote from Sacrieur

The good ol' don't knock it 'til you try it fallacy.

Let's all stop assuming the brain is some enigmatic organ for a second. Brain chemistry becomes complicated, but it's based on many, many basic principles. And let's actually look into what binaural beats are, since the i-dosing website seems to be scamming people in the same way homeopathic remedies scam people (QUANTUM WEIRDNESS. SEE IT WORKS!)

It's quite simple, binaural beats requires that two separate, yet close frequencies be played in each ear. The effect is a perceived beat, when there is no actual beat. This is a form of auditory illusion. Despite claims that binaural beats could induce relaxation, there is virtually no scientific evidence to support it. There has been some success in altering brainwave activity with alpha-theta brainwave training, but mind you that this is still under much study, and the effects are small.

The idea that it could make you hallucinate or become drunk is completely stupid and ignorant. Your body cannot magically produce alcohol or THC or LSD or amphetamines. Changing your brain state from alpha to beta won't magically make you high, it will only make you more relaxed. This is no more than glorified meditation, with similar effects.

So please, educate yourself, and realize that this is all one big scam.
I never claimed to feel drunk, under the effect, or any other form of what you've said. And more so, it's free if you can find a download, which are fairly easy to come by. I read up on the way it works, and I thought there's no way it works either. Now, get off your high horse and just try it.
You think that because it's just an auditory burp, you won't ever feel any effect? Then take your criticism and apply it. Here's Gate of Hades [27.53MB]. It's free. Turn off the lights, get in a relaxed position (preferably horizontal), close your eyes, turn it just so you can hear it and only it, and just let your mind go blank. If it starts to wander, let it, as long as you're still listening to the induced beat. Sounds a lot like hypnotism, I'll admit, but if you can't relax for half an hour, you've got bigger mental career life problems than I do, and I'll gladly leave it at that. Until then, stop trying to use excuses as to why you're so afraid of it. If it does nothing, then what's there to be scared of?

EDIT:
Quote from TiKels
Omg the irony of sac talking to poison about "chemistry" XD...
Neuroscience = vastly different from chemistry. Just saying.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 26 2011, 5:13 pm by poison_us.

Aug 26 2011, 5:20 pm Sacrieur Post #26

Still Napping

More logical fallacies will not persuade me to attempt something I know to be completely silly. Nor is this about that. It's about the science behind binaural beats and why they cannot produce the effects described. In fact, the only thing it can do is influence brain wave states.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11191043
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21480784
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20117669
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17388762
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17309374

The research on the i-doser website even confirms this. It will not induce euphoria to virtually any degree. It will not cause orgasms or happiness.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 26 2011, 6:03 pm by Sacrieur.

None.

Aug 26 2011, 5:33 pm poison_us Post #27

Back* from the grave

So, your theories are great and all, but please, experiment. Any good scientist knows when to step out from behind the computer and step into a laboratory. Call my statements logical fallacies all you want, but until you actually experiment, you're just arguing without any basis.

Aug 26 2011, 6:02 pm Sacrieur Post #28

Still Napping

I have plenty of basis. I'm not going to waste 30 minutes of my life.

None.

Aug 26 2011, 7:04 pm TiKels Post #29

I don't think it claimed to cause orgasm, it just has one called orgasm. You're kinda assuming a lot.

Get off your high horse. You don't have to pick one that is 30 minutes. I'm pretty sure there are shorter ones. And if you can't waste 10 minutes of your time then what the f are you doing on SEN.

Also, poison, I recognized that they were different, but the thought of it amused me. That's why chemistry was "chemistry" in quotations.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 26 2011, 10:18 pm Sacrieur Post #30

Still Napping

Tried it. I want 20 minutes of my life back, I had to shut it off because the ringing was so damn annoying.

None.

Aug 26 2011, 10:34 pm poison_us Post #31

Back* from the grave

Quote from poison_us
you've got bigger mental career life problems than I do, and I'll gladly leave it at that.

Aug 26 2011, 11:39 pm Sacrieur Post #32

Still Napping

Ad hominem is not a valid argument form.

i-dosing is a big scam. I have posted the evidence to prove it, even though I don't even have the burden of proof.

None.

Aug 27 2011, 5:39 am TiKels Post #33

Statistically speaking, you were more likely not to feel the effects.

-NudeRaider

Aug 27 2011, 7:43 pm HavoK Post #34

I did it! I felt effects from it! I tried the free version on the website and tried the alcohol file. I really did feel a bit drunk, was very minimal but I'd like to try some other. Weirdest thing I've ever tried! Wow

None.

Aug 27 2011, 7:44 pm Sacrieur Post #35

Still Napping

Quote from TiKels
Statistically speaking, you were more likely not to feel the effects.

I still haven't seen these statistics.

Quote from HavoK
I did it! I felt effects from it! I tried the free version on the website and tried the alcohol file. I really did feel a bit drunk, was very minimal but I'd like to try some other. Weirdest thing I've ever tried! Wow

Enjoy your placebo.

None.

Aug 27 2011, 7:50 pm poison_us Post #36

Back* from the grave

There's always someone to rain on others' parades.

Aug 27 2011, 11:51 pm Sacrieur Post #37

Still Napping

Quote from poison_us

Yeah, me coming in with my facts n' shit. Why not move it to null? It is in a discussion/debate forum.

None.

Aug 28 2011, 4:06 am poison_us Post #38

Back* from the grave

Lite discussion is supposedly more relaxed than SD, but obviously not when you're around. If anything, it should have been in the music forum.

Aug 28 2011, 6:29 am TiKels Post #39

This shit is intense.

Going beddy bye, will post a link of a (renamed, you have to guess what it is (this will deter the placebo idea)) dose for you to do.

-NudeRaider

Aug 28 2011, 6:51 am HavoK Post #40

Quote from Sacrieur
Quote from poison_us

Yeah, me coming in with my facts n' shit. Why not move it to null? It is in a discussion/debate forum.

Hope your happy... It was moved :P

None.

Options
  Back to forum