Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Aerinia Lands Open RPG
Aerinia Lands Open RPG
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Dec 12 2007, 3:46 am
By: Marine  

Dec 15 2007, 2:58 am Marine Post #21

Viet:
alright this isnt your map. Dont criticize me on what i want to do because its pissing me off like hell. Make your own map if you want all that shit you want me to change. Its going to take to damn long because i already have names and damage and health on the units. You want things changed? Make your own damn map and stop pissing me off by trying to make things what I want into things YOU want. got it?

Vrael:
I'll balance the levels by alot. I didn't realize how far i was going on exp =]

None.

Dec 15 2007, 8:25 pm Vi3t-X Post #22

Lol... ok... Just feedback because it helps it look beter, but W/e

What about the hero thing?

One more thing:

Post screenshots!

On another note, dont you think the reaver/tank idea is cool though? You want feedback from us, and we need feedback from you about how you think our ideas are, so we can help ourselves help you!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 15 2007, 8:36 pm by Vi3t-X.

None.

Dec 15 2007, 8:43 pm Vi3t-X Post #23

If you do need my support anymore, what would you have me do, so I could focus on that area

Please state 3 of them, as I do alot of these very quickly, and if you need trigger or map support, I FINALLY GOT SCMDraft2 working again!

None.

Dec 18 2007, 2:17 am Zell_Dincht Post #24

Quote from Vi3t-X
If you do need my support anymore, what would you have me do, so I could focus on that area

Please state 3 of them, as I do alot of these very quickly, and if you need trigger or map support, I FINALLY GOT SCMDraft2 working again!
Did marine even say he needed u to support? And dont double post its just plain stupid, why not edit ur first post instead of trying to get minerals or something. And please stay on topic im pretty sure no1 cares u got draft to work.

Hopefully testing will being soon, i wanna see how u do the armor/weapon systems

None.

Dec 21 2007, 8:31 pm Marine Post #25

the armor/weopon system took me forever to make and im still fishing out a few complications atm. But in spring definatley this map will be ready for test/release.

and vi3t your ideas are cool, but truthfully i don't need them but i think you should make your own map with your ideas, it could be pretty sweet. And the heroes stay as they are. I have a large amount of left over units to choose from if i need new units.

None.

Dec 21 2007, 9:22 pm Vi3t-X Post #26

To Zell: Shut the F up. He asked for terrain blends... so yeah...
Why did I double post? BECAUSE IM USED TO THE OLD SEN WITH MERGING, DUH
Great, I have draft... yay! DIE, DIE, DIE!!!

To Marine: High to Dirt right? Ill see what I can do.

None.

Dec 21 2007, 9:26 pm Marine Post #27

i mean stacked, like huge mountains or buildings like in RP-feyvern or RP-lathirion, not merged, although i need merged aswell like the highdirt connect with the dirt without blockyness. And zell said i didn't need ur help B4 i asked for the terrain stacking, and plus i was technically asking the entire SEN community =)

None.

Dec 21 2007, 10:00 pm Vi3t-X Post #28

lol, whatever/

None.

Mar 2 2008, 1:27 pm Kainami Post #29

Personally, Marine and Zell, no offense, but I'm starting to think you're overreacting.
Vi3t put in his time and effort to try to evaluate and give ideas to something he already stated as "looking foward to."
Yes Marine, this isn't his map. That's right, but your answer was simply rude. Next time, it would be less hurtful towards someone if you just said "Thanks, but I already implemented all that stuff."
Zell, simply, stop being a jerk. Him stating "Hey I can help out because I fixed my editor" simply says that "I can help out" with a little bit of detail. And yes, double posting is annoying. It would be nice, Vi3t, if you merged it by now, like what you should do on your page 1's feedback.

Back to topic:
I would love to help you out with "stressed" times or anytime you want to bounce ideas off me. I would help you out more, but I have yet to find my lost starcraft disk(s).

None.

Mar 2 2008, 10:20 pm Centreri Post #30

Relatively ancient and inactive

Yeah.. and, honestly, Vi3t's unit suggestions, for example, made a lot more sense.

None.

Mar 3 2008, 1:32 pm Kainami Post #31

Is this project even still ongoing. Supposedly, you haven't been active on SEN for 2 months.

None.

Mar 3 2008, 6:55 pm payne Post #32

:payne:

Just a lil' question: will there be a save-load system? That shall be primordial...
And for the Talk system, I think you should use the one used into Deep Blue RPG.

None.

Mar 3 2008, 8:26 pm lil-Inferno Post #33

Just here for the pie

I'm pretty sure this was just an idea, a well written one.

Mar 8 2008, 11:34 pm Marine Post #34

Yes this map is still on-going. I havent been on for 2-3 months because i have been trying to fix the bugs i still have left in the map. Last night a large bug occured and im afraid to say, according to the events that have taken place, the map will be delayed late summer/early fall. If any1 can help: The bug is rejecting any gameplay, any unit movement in-game, and is stopping all triggers from becoming active when the units actually CAN move. I have been revising the bugs for a few months now and i have tried everything; from scm drafts debug to manually debugging. I tried disabling trigger after god damn trigger for 2 1/2 weeks to see if one of those was doing it. Try disabling one trigger at a time which take 5-10 minutes for over 2000 triggers. Hard as hell, if you ask me.

Vi3t: I'm sorry i got angry at you earlier, it's just i was frustrated about the bugs that just kept coming.

Over the months I have recieved and fixed over 200 bugs. I have re-saved the map file as a new name 18 times, I have re-made the entire map from a beta test 6 times, and I have had to delete and remake over 700 triggers to get rid of some bugs. You all know how hard it is to make a map. And of this scale, I dont think it is going to be released in spring, probably not even tested.

Sorry I have been gone for so long.

None.

Options
  Back to forum