Magic the gathering
May 16 2011, 4:25 am
By: Jack
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >

May 19 2011, 10:58 am NicholasBeige Post #21

This card sold for $20,000

None.

May 19 2011, 11:16 am MadZombie Post #22

hah oh wow. I remember running a bunch of mox jewels in a deck in magic workshop. I figured they were rare since they seemed slightly OP. I think there was a video of a guy who ripped of up black lotus card or something like that.

None.

May 19 2011, 2:31 pm Zycorax Post #23

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

Quote from name:Cardinal
A guy in my friend's WoW guild sold a Black Lotus for 400 franc or something like that about 15 years ago. Not entirely sure about that number, but it was incredibly underpriced :P He wouldn't admit that he regreted it.

May 19 2011, 2:47 pm NicholasBeige Post #24

Quote from Zycorax
A guy in my friend's WoW guild sold a Black Lotus for 400 franc or something like that about 15 years ago. Not entirely sure about that number, but it was incredibly underpriced :P He wouldn't admit that he regreted it.
Haha, my brother actually had one of these in his deck that I remember, back in the day, when we learnt how much this card was worth I asked him if he still had the deck... 'Probably somewhere in the attic with all my junk'... Turns out Mom had gone of a bit of a cleaning spree in the attic and the cards were gone... forever... :(

Sad but true.

None.

May 19 2011, 3:27 pm Fire_Kame Post #25

wth is starcraft

My friends are really into Magic. But my boyfriend and I were always into Pokemon. We actually pulled the decks out a few months ago for lols

May 19 2011, 4:12 pm DevliN Post #26

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Jack
Better feeling is having 10 lands and showing them a fireball and seeing the expression on their face cos they play monogreen and have no spell removal/counters.
But mono-green decks can also heal like crazy. I remember going against a deck built around getting out tons of red and doing direct damage, and by the end of the game I have close to 80 health. Meanwhile I also had a couple 11/11 indestructibles out, making all the direct damage useless once he tried to apply it to my creatures.

So in that case, I'd say a better feeling is to watch someone think they've beaten you, and heal back up to full and more in one turn. :awesome:

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 19 2011, 9:08 pm NudeRaider Post #27

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I played from 1994 til about 1999, so through the Revised (original cards ftw), til about the release of the 7th Edition... There were over 2,000 cards at this point and I sort of lost interest because of that.
Pretty much the same for me. I refused to spend all my money for the new cards that were much more powerful than the older ones (except some super expensive rares). The decks I built over years became obsolete because Wizards of the Coasts milking the cash-cow and I had no one I could play with at my level.

Been good times though.

May 19 2011, 9:13 pm Jack Post #28

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

You can still play with old cards in some formats, you only HAVE to keep updating your decks with T2 format matches. Legacy, cube, etc. use old cards so you can continue playing.

I'm willing to pay shipping on any cards you have that you don't want though, as long as there's a reasonable number ;0 GIMME CARDZ

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 19 2011, 10:45 pm ubermctastic Post #29

Nice, I have a white/black combo deck.
Sometimes I hang out with my friends and we play. We haven't done it in a while though :(

None.

May 19 2011, 10:50 pm Raitaki Post #30

I know how to play, but have neither a deck nor permission to buy one :(

None.

May 19 2011, 11:39 pm ClansAreForGays Post #31

Black is the funnest, but competitively, your a joke if your ur deck isn't at least half blue. Pro blue decks can make anyone never want to play magic again.

Antoher good thing about yugioh is the value you keep with your cards. Cards never rotate out of set, so you can always use most of your cards that you've ever bought. A lot more diversity because of that. Every now and then, there seems to be some random kid out of no where that wins the world championship from some poor third world country with a deck less than $10, just because he spent the time looking through all the old
+new cards to find a completely broken combo(usually deck out) knocking out the $3,000 dollar decks.

Last time I checked the MTG worlds, all top 20 decks were the exact same all-planeswalker Jace deck, give or take 2 cards.

May 20 2011, 12:01 am NicholasBeige Post #32

Blue is definitely the way to go... So many ways to fuck with your opponents mind :)

None.

May 20 2011, 12:10 am Decency Post #33

I played from when I was like 8 until maybe 17 or 18, last series I paid attention to was Mercadian.

After that it just became too obvious that they made newer cards get better and better so that you have to keep spending money to stay competitive. Also, my friends started using decks they copied from pros and it was just like... what the fuck is the point?

I do like playing drafts where 5 players each bring a color, and maybe one player brings artifacts/multi-color. Then you mix all those up randomly into 15 card boosters and do a standard draft. It's strategic, free, and you can sort the cards easily whenever you're done.

Antoher good thing about yugioh is the value you keep with your cards. Cards never rotate out of set, so you can always use most of your cards that you've ever bought.
You can use them, but it's slightly obvious when the basic cards are 1200, then 1250, then 1300, etc. as the newer and newer cards come out. Can't really remember numbers but that sounds right. Not sure if they're still that blatant about it, but it was kind of a joke when I played with my cousins.

None.

May 20 2011, 12:16 am DevliN Post #34

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Blue is definitely the way to go... So many ways to fuck with your opponents mind :)
Yeah, definitely. I have a black/blue deck build around countering and forcing the opponent to discard while dealing damage to him or herself, as well as a few cards that remove bunches of cards from the opponent's deck fromt he game. It is such a pain in the ass to play against.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 20 2011, 4:36 am Jack Post #35

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Hopefully themetagame will change so blue isn't always necessary. Playing game types like pauper looms fun because you don't have the whole I HAVE FOUR JACES SO I WIN business.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 20 2011, 5:34 am Wing Zero Post #36

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

I hate how badly blue decks fuck up sliver decks, it gets really annoying when I try pumping up my slivers and end up spending 3 turns paying for the same one because the blue player just goes like "LOL I UNSUMMON U!"

May 20 2011, 5:46 am RIVE Post #37

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Last time I checked the MTG worlds, all top 20 decks were the exact same all-planeswalker Jace deck, give or take 2 cards.
Yeah, Jace is a mega-dick.

I play MTG almost every day, and I do not even like the game. It is just some a bunch of my friends play.
In fact, I just came home from a few games where I shut them out. It was a Standard match set to first to two, and a single EDH match.

None.

May 20 2011, 5:50 am RIVE Post #38

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from Wing Zero
I hate how badly blue decks fuck up sliver decks
Do you mean colorless? -Or, is Silver from some sort of unhinged set? :lol:

None.

May 20 2011, 6:05 am Wing Zero Post #39

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

A sliver is a creature type. They share a "hive mind" which allows them to share their abilities with other slivers. An example would be the "Plumonic Sliver" which is a 3/3 sliver with the ability "all slivers have flying and if this creature would be sent to the graveyard from play, return it to the top of your deck instead"

May 20 2011, 9:08 am Decency Post #40

Sliver decks are basically retarded. There is no strategy whatsoever to playing them.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >
  Back to forum