Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Armored Core
Armored Core
Dec 4 2007, 4:19 pm
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Dec 15 2007, 4:07 am ClansAreForGays Post #21

I want a rematch moose! I have mastered the art of base AC!

Dec 17 2007, 2:50 am Riney Post #22

Thigh high affectionado

Moosey, Go play an Armored Core game. The lack of Customization on the AC's suckz >:O

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Dec 20 2007, 6:21 am Neptune Post #23

Ok well, the idea is decent, sort of like Zoids.

How ever in Zoids you do not get hero rushed. Which in my opinion, is a big flaw in this game.

When you build a CC a cloaked bunker should always appear underneath... that would be awesome, kind of slow down the heroes a bit. Honestly it's a huge flaw when you get rushed 20 seconds into the game.
Or at least start 1 zlot by each cc rather than having to search for them.

I like the change AC for money thing though, that's cool. Rush them with vulture then switch to anti air if enemies have bc's or something. makes for good strat.

All and all I give it maybe a 6 out of 10.

Maybe you'll improve this in the later versions, where then I will actualy host the game myself.

-Bioject

None.

Dec 20 2007, 3:59 pm ClansAreForGays Post #24

neptune, your complaints are shit.

It's like you are completly forgeting that the base also has hero allies to defend itself with. 12 zealots /w speed can easily gaurd a cc from two ac's attacking.
Spawning a bunker underneath each cc would discourage offense, and make it a turtle game, no fun. So what if you lose 1 of your like 6 gas stations. You just rebuild it as soon as you can. Yes, in this game losses are in increments, not "Oh crap, I lost my expansion, while he still has his, no way I can catch up now might as well leave." You have fun with that. Your probably the kind of person that plays fastest map possible, builds canons and then techs to carriers. Becuase that is the kind of bland, predictable gameplay you are encouraging here.

And you don't like the fact that your units are scattered around your base. It's clear to me now I just don't like to micro, or set up anythng that could have been pre-done for you.

You think zoids is a great map, nuff said.

The only thing I would change is beefing up the tank, it just doesn't have an edge in any way.

Dec 20 2007, 7:46 pm Neptune Post #25

Quote from ClansAreForGays
neptune, your complaints are shit.

It's like you are completly forgeting that the base also has hero allies to defend itself with. 12 zealots /w speed can easily gaurd a cc from two ac's attacking.
Spawning a bunker underneath each cc would discourage offense, and make it a turtle game, no fun. So what if you lose 1 of your like 6 gas stations. You just rebuild it as soon as you can. Yes, in this game losses are in increments, not "Oh crap, I lost my expansion, while he still has his, no way I can catch up now might as well leave." You have fun with that. Your probably the kind of person that plays fastest map possible, builds canons and then techs to carriers. Becuase that is the kind of bland, predictable gameplay you are encouraging here.

And you don't like the fact that your units are scattered around your base. It's clear to me now I just don't like to micro, or set up anythng that could have been pre-done for you.

You think zoids is a great map, nuff said.

The only thing I would change is beefing up the tank, it just doesn't have an edge in any way.

Ahahaha. Nowhere in my quote did I say that I liked Zoids. GG.

Besides dumbass, minimoose had told me to make a comment about his map on sen. GG again fag.

And I hate fastest maps, or BGH I play ladder maps, and this "AC game is not a ladder map. or anything like one. OMG OWNED.

Now please, stfu before you make a fool of yourself. Quit while you're ahead.

None.

Dec 25 2007, 2:59 am Symmetry Post #26

Dungeon Master

Quote from Neptune
Now please, stfu before you make a fool of yourself.

OH, THE IRONY.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Dec 31 2007, 1:51 am Life2Death Post #27

LOL! :lol:

None.

Jan 1 2008, 12:05 am Moose Post #28

We live in a society.

Quote from Dark_Marine_123
Bah since when was Armored Core like Halo? You go out, you kill, you return home, and your pay Abnormal ammo costs for guns that dont do enough dmg. Karasawa fixes all O.O
Yes, that is exactly what Halo is about.

v1.02
» Increased wait time between victory/defeat message and actual victory/defeat. MOAR gloating.
» Removed the doodads at the valuable wang-shaped expansion.
» ACs may now upgrade Protoss Air Armor (shuttle).
» Minor terrain changes. As usual.
» Changed upgrade time for Protoss Armor to 6 + 1.
» Changed upgrade times for Terran Vehicles and Protoss Air Armor to 7+0. (upgrading ACs late game will no longer be a bitch)

Jan 1 2008, 1:07 am Riney Post #29

Thigh high affectionado

Meh a karasawa would still be cool.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jan 4 2008, 2:35 pm Lingie Post #30

How about a verticle missle launcher?

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Jan 4 2008, 5:32 pm CaLeB- Post #31

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
First off, the terrain is completely redone on Badlands, and looks really good (I do not consider myself "good" at terrain. :P).
You should consider yourself a great person when it comes to terrain, because I think it looks pretty neat. :)

None.

Jan 4 2008, 5:32 pm CaLeB- Post #32

Oops... Double-post.

None.

Jan 5 2008, 2:08 am Riney Post #33

Thigh high affectionado

Moose, you honestly need some customization besides the legs for the cores. Maybe a radar addon for 10 minerals that'll give you larger sight radius, or a Right sholder machine/chain gun that is a scout that follows above you at all times. That way the diehard armored core fans wont lynch you for making this (I get negative reviews for this map from them o_o)

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jan 6 2008, 12:06 am Lingie Post #34

DM123 is right. AC needs its customization to actually BE Armored Core.

Jan 6 2008, 5:39 am Moose Post #35

We live in a society.

Then go back in time and yell at eternalegend so I wouldn't remake his map. :P

Jan 15 2008, 1:47 am Lingie Post #36

How about we just yell at you instead of designing a time travel device? ^^

Jan 16 2008, 12:24 am Symmetry Post #37

Dungeon Master

Because he has the power to ban you without any real reason :P

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jan 16 2008, 1:47 am chuiu Post #38

Quote from Darkling
How about we just yell at you instead of designing a time travel device? ^^
Because the AC map you're looking for has been made, and trust me it sucks and the concept brought to SC mapping sucks also. In SC2 however ... we'll just wait and see. ;)

None.

Jan 16 2008, 6:41 pm Riney Post #39

Thigh high affectionado

Actually with Stacked unit sprites, it would be easy as hell to have a core unit and a weapon (including Excede Orbit and or Inside parts) to follow you, without clutter.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Mar 26 2008, 7:25 pm chuiu Post #40

I demand an update for this map!

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum