You're confusing democratic republic with democracy. Democracy refers to a government which lets the people run the government. While republic is a form of government which the people votes for the politicians, and the politicians do the governing for them.
In this country, votes are bought by money.
Post #27 DT_Battlekruser Sep 9 2007, 5:35 pm
Hah, someone finally understood the quote
I have to agree; finding a perfect government is somewhat of a paradox. An ideal democracy relies on the masses to truly understand what is best for them. An autocratic system, such as a monarchy or dictatorship, requires the leader to be benevolent and to actually care for his people, which, if even it is true initially, won't last since absolute power corrupts absolutely.
In some ways though, I feel that the monarchies of old were more successful governments. You can go on about how the serfs were oppressed under feudal systems, but such a system of government was all that the monarchs knew, and unlike today's totalitarians states, the monarchs usually dutifully attempting to maintain the status quo, certainly never trying to worsen the conditions of people under their rule. There were, of course, poor rules who were an exception to that, but such an occurrence is inevitable in an autocratic system.
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead." -Benjamin Franklin
"Had, having, and in quest to have, extreme;
A bliss in proof, and proved, a very woe;
Before, a joy proposed; behind, a dream.
All this the world well knows; yet none knows well
To shun the heaven that leads men to this hell."
Basic short descriptions
- rule by majority
- Equality to some extent
- Most accepted form of government
- People with bad ideas don't stay for very long
- Stupid people have as much say as smart ones
- Minorities have the same powers as the majorities
- Smart people never lead a country
- Decisions are made for the interest of the party in power
- rule by no one
- Pure freedom
- Low standard of living
- No laws
- Stupid people with guns tend to have control
- rule by minority
- None that i can think of
- The majority gets raped by the minority
- rule by one
- Thing happen fast
- One smart person can make great progress
- Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely
- Stupid people get angry
- Usually unstable governments
- Communism is an ideology that seeks to establish a classless, stateless social organization based on common ownership of the means of production
- Complete equality
- The average person cant abuse the system
- No one has anything to complain about
- People in power often get more than the average
- Not accepted worldwide
- Lack of moral
- Capitalism generally refers to an economic system in which the means of production are mostly privately owned and operated for profit, and in which investments, distribution, income, production and pricing of goods and services are determined through the operation of a free market.
- Individuals have incentive to work hard
- Smart people tend to make the most money
- Most people abuse the system
- It is rare for people to change social class
- Money means more than morals
- Big businesses have more power than governments
All credit for this long basic explaination of government styles goes to pizuscag
This post was edited 1 time, last edit by Zekling: Sep 14 2007, 11:26 am.
0 members in this topic (italic members are currently writing a reply): None