Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Darkspore
Darkspore
Feb 19 2011, 6:18 pm
By: Symmetry
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Feb 21 2011, 3:39 pm NudeRaider Post #21

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Suppose I wanted to play... how?

Feb 21 2011, 3:43 pm poison_us Post #22

Back* from the grave

Also, I just noticed something. Unholy, when was the last time you went to the theaters for a movie on opening day?

Feb 21 2011, 5:54 pm NudeRaider Post #23

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Where? Also Symm said it's in closed beta so signing up doesn't let me play, right?

Feb 21 2011, 10:43 pm poison_us Post #24

Back* from the grave

It enters you to have a chance at the closed beta...and google DarkSpore. It's the first non-ad link, and look to the right for the link.

Feb 21 2011, 11:12 pm NudeRaider Post #25

I'm not feeling lucky today.

Feb 21 2011, 11:34 pm UnholyUrine Post #26

I went for Spiderman 3... it was horrible XD

Also, it's a lot cheaper to just rent a movie (or pirate it, YARR) and watch it on my big screen TV :awesome:

None.

Feb 22 2011, 1:28 am poison_us Post #27

Back* from the grave

Quote from UnholyUrine
I went for Spiderman 3... it was horrible XD
So you took a risk, not knowing if you'd enjoy it or not.

Feb 25 2011, 6:48 pm poison_us Post #28

Back* from the grave

Made it into the Beta. I was supposed to do homework over the weekend, but I'm guessing there's a snowball's chance in hell that it'll even get touched.

Feb 25 2011, 7:05 pm LoveLess Post #29

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from poison_us
Made it into the Beta. I was supposed to do homework over the weekend, but I'm guessing there's a snowball's chance in hell that it'll even get touched.

I'll be in as well. This game have a co-operative/team versus?

None.

Feb 25 2011, 7:12 pm poison_us Post #30

Back* from the grave

Quote from LoveLess
Quote from poison_us

I'll be in as well. This game have a co-operative/team versus?
I have no idea, but it looks like it's a FFA, so I'd imagine it's got some system for friends and whatnot like all RPGs do.

Feb 25 2011, 7:35 pm Symmetry Post #31

Dungeon Master

There's coop, you guys wanna start a party from level 1? This beta should have PvP too.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Feb 25 2011, 8:05 pm poison_us Post #32

Back* from the grave

I'm still patching D:

Feb 25 2011, 8:12 pm UnholyUrine Post #33

Lucky dog :C

None.

Feb 25 2011, 8:18 pm poison_us Post #34

Back* from the grave

Quote from UnholyUrine
Lucky dog :C
I'll record a video to rub it in let you see what it's really like.

EDIT: Symm, I'm guessing you're "SymmetrySC". I may have found a glitch to let you level as much as you want...It's currently at 54 and still rising as I type.

EDIT2: Glitch was immediately after you click to end the mission, minimize. Run off to SEN, then maximize later. The levels didn't stop going up...but I eventually restarted and it was back to normal. Also, I'm making Raccoon drool with this:

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 26 2011, 5:56 am by poison_us.

Feb 27 2011, 9:24 pm DevliN Post #35

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yeah, the Wraith is awesome.

Do you ever have issues when you minimize? 90% of the time when I minimize and try to go back to Darkspore, the screen just has black scanlines over my desktop background and I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL it to close it.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Feb 27 2011, 10:00 pm LoveLess Post #36

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Still Patching, looking at the numbers and I see something wrong. It's still going up by the way.

None.

Feb 27 2011, 10:05 pm UnholyUrine Post #37

Ah HA! I've gotten the beta key as well :cool:

We'll c each other online then :sly:

EDIT: wow yeah... 2.7 GB's ??? and that's just the 2nd file...

None.

Feb 27 2011, 10:34 pm Bar Refaeli Post #38

FML. I want /in so badly

None.

Feb 27 2011, 10:41 pm poison_us Post #39

Back* from the grave

Quote from DevliN
Yeah, the Wraith is awesome.

Do you ever have issues when you minimize? 90% of the time when I minimize and try to go back to Darkspore, the screen just has black scanlines over my desktop background and I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL it to close it.
No, in fact I love it when it minimizes. When not in a game (never tried in game) it stops everything it's doing and my computer gets back like 20% of its resources. It's amazing.

Quote from UnholyUrine
Ah HA! I've gotten the beta key as well :cool:

We'll c each other online then :sly:

EDIT: wow yeah... 2.7 GB's ??? and that's just the 2nd file...
Third isn't that big, comparatively.

Also, my name is poisn_us, add me.

Feb 28 2011, 2:50 am UnholyUrine Post #40

Well, I've played the first four campaign

I'm not terribly impressed. But since it's beta, there's a lot of things that may be improved later.

1) I don't like having to continually click the mouse button to attack... This not only gives carpel tunnel, but it's kinda strange for melee units... Shouldn't it continue to attack until the enemy's dead? I also find it extremely aggravating when using a ranged unit, trying to dodge other ranged projectiles, cause if my cursor's ever CLOSE to an enemy, I'd attack him instead of walking. A easy fix would be Right click = Move, and Left click = Attack. No idea why Left click = Move/Attack and Right click = Attack. Rather stupid.

2) Items are ridiculous, like any fucking MMORPG's except for Runescape. They're all over the place with different names of things that doesn't matter to anyone unless they're superb nerds. Moreover, some items increases 5-6 different stats.. some in %'s, some in Integers.. I mean, How hard is it to create a fucking PATTERN In Items?
This is almost like a disease... created by hypermutating old items into new ones in hopes of creating ultra items for people to enjoy. Except these items fester and become one of its own, and now is dominating games after games with retarded descriptions, unthinkable naming, and random stat increases... IT'S THE ITEMSPORE!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES

3) Similar to Items, the stats are also all over the place. I get it that it's like the infamous WoW MMORPG.. but I've always thought that the mess of stats was one of WoW's weaknesses (which ultimately led me to stop playing it). They really gotta stop copying other games and actually innovate here. Or at least streamline things up.

4) Evasion/Resistance stats are completely idiotic in a game with projectiles.. especially since you're supposed to dodge certain projectiles, while some other projectiles can hit you from a mile away. It's like playing FPS, and having certain classes of the army immune to shotguns, or sniper rifles or something. It just doesn't work in a game that's NOT SUPPOSED TO BE AN EXACT CLONE OF WoW.

5) Projectiles need to be redone so that hit detection is ON THE BALL. Hit detection is fucked up right now, as I can be fucking 5 meters away (considering a hero is about 1m in width), and the projectile can still hit me. WHAT THE FUCK? Like many AoS's and MMORPG's, this game have the same shortcomings.. I do not feel like I'm in control of the hero at all times. This may be neglected for games like WoW (ugh, I keep going back to this example...), since manually dodging isn't a big factor.. But for this game, it is, and this is a big problem for me.

6) I don't like how Abilities, even Projectile ones, don't require you to click. Instead, you have to put your cursor at the spot u want to cast the ability, then press the button. It feels better to ready your ability, then clicking the mouse at the right area. This is especially true with Blitz's Ride the Lightning Ability.

6) There also needs to be more description of things.. What does Suppress do? What does Terror do? What's the difference? How will I know when I'm afflicted by these stats? This is always the thing I see lacking in games.

7) Skin coloring don't show up well enough. Tho it sorta depends on the lighting.

8) Abilities feel like they're upgraded in random.. May just be because of the campaign. But I feel no cohesion. For example, the Spider thing shoots projectiles, collect souls which are used for 2 abilities, both being projectiles. But its 2nd ability is a charge attack... :/
The one that showed good cohesion, tho, is the Plant thing with the pets. 1st ability heals allies and pets, 2nd ability gives him/ally a boost in dmg, useful for sniping enemies, 4th ability creates an AoE that slows people 75% and deals dmg while you snipe them to death.

9) Personally, I feel that the developers were a bit too lenient with the Critical Hit %'s... I mean.. there's a Critical hit at least once every three seconds when you're fighting a mob. It doesn't make crits feel special

To be fair, the creator editor is very robust, and I especially like how I can make items look like huge peniseshorns on my blitz :awesome:

Also, it has the makings of a great MMORPG.. but that's the thing, it's just LIKE Any old MMORPG... so it is not interesting.

Also, the graphics is superb. like Really nice.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum