Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: What is emo?
What is emo?
Sep 1 2007, 4:08 am
By: ToA
Pages: < 1 2 3

Oct 2 2007, 1:03 am Centreri Post #41

Relatively ancient and inactive

They know me so well...
/Centreri cries.

None.

Oct 2 2007, 1:33 am AntiSleep Post #42

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Death, betrayal, hopelessness, rape.
All valid in my book.(p34)
valid reasons for being emo?
bullshit. the first two reasons are just part of life, the third is a result instead of a cause of the decision to be emo, and the fourth is terrible, but i fail to see what it has to do with emos.

None.

Oct 2 2007, 3:15 am Kow Post #43

http://emosong.ytmnd.com

^^

None.

Oct 4 2007, 6:42 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #44

Oh my Gosh!!!! i fricken love that song it is so hilarious!!!!! hahahaha!!!!! :lol:

None.

Oct 4 2007, 6:53 pm Excalibur Post #45

The sword and the faith

Any one person trying to define the 'emo' label is going directly against what an emo stand point would be: Not to label.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Oct 4 2007, 7:20 pm ClansAreForGays Post #46

errr wrong, punk is anti-label.

Oct 4 2007, 7:39 pm ClansAreForGays Post #47

Quote from AntiSleep
Death, betrayal, hopelessness, rape.
All valid in my book.(p34)
valid reasons for being emo?
bullshit. the first two reasons are just part of life, the third is a result instead of a cause of the decision to be emo, and the fourth is terrible, but i fail to see what it has to do with emos.
Experiencing death of a loved one as a kid isn't standard childhood shit. And just saying "its a part of life" isn't fair. EVERYTHING is a part of life. Still, you definitely got me on the third one. What we are discussing here is whether or not they are justified in their hopeless view on life. Page 34 clearly illustrates Death of some of someone close, betrayal/horrible stab in the back, and rape as understandable reasons for adopting this outlook.

Oct 4 2007, 10:02 pm AntiSleep Post #48

errr wrong, punk is anti-label.
You would be hard pressed to attach me to the label punk. Cynic may be more appropriate.
Death of some of someone close, betrayal/horrible stab in the back, and rape as understandable reasons for adopting this outlook.
Understandable, yes. Justifiable, no. I think it is a symptom of being raised too complacently. Bad things are a part of life(Yes, I would know. I lost my mother as a teenager), and it is the duty of everyone raising children to instill enough cynicism to be able to cope.

None.

Oct 4 2007, 11:00 pm Dapperdan Post #49

Quote from AntiSleep
You would be hard pressed to attach me to the label punk. Cynic may be more appropriate.

None of that refered to you in the first place.

None.

Oct 5 2007, 5:34 am AntiSleep Post #50

I consider myself antilabel, I do not think punk is anti-label, but just another clique.

None.

Oct 5 2007, 7:27 pm Syphon Post #51

Quote from Excalibur
Any one person trying to define the 'emo' label is going directly against what an emo stand point would be: Not to label.

Emo people conform by being non-conformist rather than living their life like most normal people tend to do. :)

None.

Oct 5 2007, 7:50 pm DarkDeserter Post #52

This is just replying to the title, I was to lazy to read the topic.

"Emo"... is such a stereotype word. Honestly, I see people all the time calling people that like poems "emo", or if they like black, or if they listen to hard metal bands like Slipknot and Lamb of god. I'm sick of seeing people going "omfg ur such a fookin emo punk1!" Well, you know what? people get depressed all the time and I've been depressed before, does that make me a "Emo"? Hell no, it just shows that I'm human.
Calling someone "emo" because they hate there life is immature as hell, Look if someone wants to kill themselves, that doesn't make them "EMO", or if they cut themselves, it doesn't make them "EMO" it shows they have mental problems and they need to be taken care of. I know this is just the internet but still. The amount of stupidity in people... is unbelievable.

Aahhh, sorry if i went off topic. I'm too lazy to read everyones posts :blush:.

None.

Oct 5 2007, 8:08 pm JaFF Post #53

In my opinion, Emo isa fad based on inconfident, unsociable people so they can hang out among alike individuals. Those who truely believe that their style is justified by their problems are sick individuals - they spend their whole time to pitty themselves; which is a very socially-unhealthy thing. So they are (mostly) social-loosers, and they make their own situation even worse by false assumption that they found a company they like.

'True' Emo is a game (or a new form of an old game) that is based on self-delusion, and is very bad for your mental and social health. Emo 'adopts' children with life positions like 'I(-), you(+)' or 'I(-), you(-)', or alike. (if you don't get the 'life position' part, then replace the (-) with 'am/are bad' and the (+) with 'are good') Those are the ways of thinking that form 'loosers'.

None.

Oct 5 2007, 9:18 pm Screwed Post #54

Quote from Syphon
Quote from Excalibur

Emo people conform by being non-conformist rather than living their life like most normal people tend to do. :)

So much for being non-conformist... they end up looking like frickin clones...

None.

Oct 6 2007, 1:54 am Dapperdan Post #55

In my opinion, Emo isa fad based on inconfident, unsociable people so they can hang out among alike individuals. Those who truely believe that their style is justified by their problems are sick individuals - they spend their whole time to pitty themselves; which is a very socially-unhealthy thing. So they are (mostly) social-loosers, and they make their own situation even worse by false assumption that they found a company they like.

'True' Emo is a game (or a new form of an old game) that is based on self-delusion, and is very bad for your mental and social health. Emo 'adopts' children with life positions like 'I(-), you(+)' or 'I(-), you(-)', or alike. (if you don't get the 'life position' part, then replace the (-) with 'am/are bad' and the (+) with 'are good') Those are the ways of thinking that form 'loosers'.

Losers* And, yes, we all seem to agree everything related with "emo", including the extremely excessive labeling of people as emo, sucks.

None.

Oct 6 2007, 3:41 am Twitch Post #56

Check this out its funny.Warning to excailbur you better not look since you are emo :P.funny emo song
Even funnier one

None.

Oct 6 2007, 5:50 am Syphon Post #57

Quote from DarkDeserter
Calling someone "emo" because they hate there life is immature as hell, Look if someone wants to kill themselves, that doesn't make them "EMO", or if they cut themselves, it doesn't make them "EMO" it shows they have mental problems and they need to be taken care of. I know this is just the internet but still. The amount of stupidity in people... is unbelievable.

We call them emo because they hate the good lives they have, not because they happen to hate their life.

None.

Oct 6 2007, 3:42 pm Twitch Post #58

Quote from Syphon
Quote from DarkDeserter

We call them emo because they hate the good lives they have, not because they happen to hate their life.
Not only that but,they get to emotinal(forgot the spelling :blush: )l about name calling and simple jokes on them.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum