Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: OGame
OGame
Feb 2 2011, 7:57 pm
By: poison_us
Pages: < 1 « 14 15 16 17 18 >

Mar 17 2011, 8:53 am Kaias Post #301

I'm also done with this game. Who wants my resources?

None.

Mar 17 2011, 5:12 pm DevliN Post #302

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

There are 2 applicants to join the alliance, and it seems like the two people who can accept them have quit. :/

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 17 2011, 8:56 pm poison_us Post #303

Back* from the grave

I'm on vacation mode, but I can still log in. I'll get to that.
EDIT: Done.

Mar 18 2011, 2:36 pm BeDazed Post #304

Whens the release of the next universe ?

None.

Mar 23 2011, 6:15 pm Symmetry Post #305

Dungeon Master

Keep getting owned by everyone before I can get enough money to do something useful :( Right now I'm trying to spam defenses to discourage them from attacking.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Mar 23 2011, 6:19 pm Cnl.Fatso Post #306

If you have enough res to build defense, you have enough to build cargoes for res-saving.

None.

Mar 23 2011, 6:25 pm DevliN Post #307

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yeah, when my entire fleet was destroyed, I made sure to use all my resources on cargo ships or research. If you have no fleet to destroy other than cargo ships and have no resources to pilfer, then you are no longer an attractive target. :)

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 23 2011, 6:26 pm Symmetry Post #308

Dungeon Master

Don't cargo ships still make debris fields?

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Mar 23 2011, 6:27 pm NicholasBeige Post #309

Which is why you put your resources into them and send them on long missions so that they are not viable targets. A sitting fleet is a fleet waiting to get destroyed.

None.

Mar 23 2011, 6:28 pm DevliN Post #310

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yes, but you still need them to farm resources. Also, if they're constantly sent out, they wont be destroyed. Another idea, though this is mainly if you want to make sure you wont lose them, is that you can send them out at a slower speed, so they're unattackable for a longer period of time.

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 25 2011, 3:17 pm Zycorax Post #311

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

uh oh, just got scouted by rank 8. I think I might suffer a horrible death soon :P

Mar 25 2011, 3:34 pm DevliN Post #312

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

That guy just sent 200 Battlecruisers and 200 Battleships after me over night. Luckily I was still awake and sent my fleet away with all my resources.

EDIT:
And apparently my Ion Cannons do as much damage as his Battlecruisers. That's interesting.

EDIT2:
All my old espionage actions disappeared. Do they disappear after a while?

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 26 2011, 12:22 am by DevliN.

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 26 2011, 2:31 pm BeDazed Post #313

Gosh. Battleships cost a lot. :/

None.

Mar 28 2011, 3:50 pm DevliN Post #314

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Someone created a colony next to me, and somehow managed to destroy my entire fleet even though my fleet was away during the attack. Fuck this game.

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 30 2011, 4:57 pm DevliN Post #315

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

So as it turns out, my fleet came back about a minute and a half before the enemy fleet arrived. The GM says that I didn't send out my fleet that night, so that's funny (since I have a "Fleet Returned" message). And they tell me that since this is a war game, I can't complain about people in the top 20 ranks farming me despite it being impossible to beat them, and that I should constantly be on to pay attention to my fleet and FS. Sorry, bro, I can't exactly do that when I'm at work or, y'know, asleep. :rolleyes:

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 30 2011, 6:24 pm Cnl.Fatso Post #316

Well, the theory is that you send your fleets out to do something (and pack all your res in them) while you work and/or sleep.

None.

Mar 30 2011, 6:27 pm Neki Post #317

used to play this game, so much work though, as I witnessed all of you getting raped in the past two pages, lol.

None.

Mar 30 2011, 6:30 pm DevliN Post #318

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Cnl.Fatso
Well, the theory is that you send your fleets out to do something (and pack all your res in them) while you work and/or sleep.
Right, I do that, and I turn off my resource production as well. In this last case, the enemy fleet attacked me when I had no fleet on my planet an no resources to take, and just happened to run into my fleet that I sent away 2 minutes after it came back.

I'm just blindly pissed that I have to keep rebuilding my fleet. It seems futile at this point.

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 30 2011, 8:13 pm tntphoenix Post #319

DevliN, what kind of defense do you typically use? I've only been attacked once, and it was my fault for forgetting to FS. And it wasn't coincidence that you were attacked two minutes after your fleet returned. Whoever attacked you used a Sensor Phalanx. It scans an area around it for fleets and it tells them when they are returning. So they time there attack to get there right after it returns. I've heard that a Sensor Phalanx cannot see a recalled fleet deployment. So that's what I do when I FS.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 30 2011, 8:19 pm by tntphoenix.

None.

Mar 30 2011, 8:26 pm DevliN Post #320

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Ah interesting. For defense, the first time I was attacked I had a ton of everything up to Ions. This time around I had whatever I had left from my prior attacks and a large shield dome for the hell of it. I haven't built new defenses since my first attack as I figured it would become a waste of resources.

Right now I have 148 Missile Launchers, 16 Light Lasers, 1 Heavy Laser, 1 Gauss Cannon, 4 Ion Cannons, and both the Small and Large Domes.

My Overwatch addiction.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 14 15 16 17 18 >
  Back to forum