Staredit Network > Forums > Lite Discussion > Topic: Women and children first!
Women and children first!
Dec 31 2010, 5:42 am
By: Neki
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Jan 1 2011, 1:46 pm BeDazed Post #21

BUT if we were to select 100 people to board a rocket 'cause earth will be destroyed we will have to choose people by their usefulness, and as awful as it may sound that's not children. We need mainly scientists and engineers, preferably woman, but also about 10-20% of men. Maybe a cook too. :P
That ship will be paradise!

None.

Jan 1 2011, 9:04 pm Rantent Post #22

Women wanted equal rights, right?

None.

Jan 1 2011, 9:52 pm ClansAreForGays Post #23

Quote from Rantent
Women wanted equal rights, right?
exactly.

Jan 7 2011, 11:24 pm BeDazed Post #24

Correction. Women wants 'more' rights than men.
When women didn't have much rights, they just wanted rights as much as men had.
When they got those rights, they wanted more. And it's really hard putting up with hardcore feminists.

None.

Jan 7 2011, 11:34 pm Centreri Post #25

Relatively ancient and inactive

That's subjective. Can you name a right that women want that men can't have?

I agree that feminists aren't worth listening to, but don't believe you quite understand the problem.

None.

Jan 7 2011, 11:47 pm BeDazed Post #26

It may be a subjective question in America. I live in Korea, so you wouldn't know that it's not a subjective here.

Women are not subject to the mandatory services in the army. Men are required to serve in the army for 22 months. As per reparations? Well, they had one.
Men who served in the army for 22 months were given 2 extra credits for whatever they were applying to. For the two years they've taken away,
(because of some feminists) that's an awfully microscopic amount of points. But women thought it was 'unfair' that men be given extra points.

So, it was gone.

I'm not sure about the law in United States, but here- sexual abuse works only one way. I.E. only women can feel 'sexually abused' in the eyes of the law.
Not sure how we're both human but only that males cannot feel sexually abused.

Otherwise from the facts, it's not hard to think of them wanting 'more' rights, Centreri. If you examine closely, females also fall in the category of 'human'.

And Humans are greedy.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 7 2011, 11:59 pm by BeDazed.

None.

Jan 8 2011, 2:28 am Centreri Post #27

The thing is, you didn't name a right that women want that men can't have. Or, at least, one they actively argue for. Because while there are inherent inequalities that feminists want to correct (while leaving others untouched), they are not actively denying men rights .

I believe that feminists should be ignored and that we let the free market sort out everything between the sexes. If women can't compete mathematically, there will be fewer mathematicians, and no resources will be wasted trying to fix that. If men can't compete in an area, then there'll be less of them there. I'm not against conscription being directed at males.

None.

Jan 8 2011, 2:34 am Fire_Kame Post #28

wth is starcraft

Quote from BeDazed
Correction. Women wants 'more' rights than men.
When women didn't have much rights, they just wanted rights as much as men had.
When they got those rights, they wanted more. And it's really hard putting up with hardcore feminists.

Not that I should be too surprised, but this is another generalization from you. I do not want more rights then men.

Jan 8 2011, 3:52 am BeDazed Post #29

Yeah, I doubt any women would state that blatantly.

I'm not against conscription being directed at males.
Yeah but the point was with credits. 'Credits'

None.

Jan 8 2011, 4:04 am Fire_Kame Post #30

wth is starcraft

Quote from BeDazed
Yeah, I doubt any women would state that blatantly.

Do you know me?

Jan 8 2011, 4:49 am rockz Post #31

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from Fire_Kame
I do not want more rights then men.
You want more men then rights? If I were a girl, I'd get the rights first, then the men.[/nazi]

Most of the problem with "rights" in the United States comes from certain jobs that women simply can't do or are still fighting for equality in pay/respect. Sports, for example, is a male-laden market. Say what you will about the WNBA, but women in sports make paltry amounts compared to men in sports. Perhaps sports are a bad example.

Now, well payed businessmen are also in the male-mostly category, which is likely due to two things: nature and history. Nature being that it's clear that women think differently from men, and have different hormones which make us do things we don't know why we do. It's slight enough that it DOES make a difference. Businesswomen also have to give up their jobs for a short time should they ever want to have children, which men do not. The government can dictate that all they want, but if some shit goes down while a female CEO is on maternity leave, it's somewhat difficult.

History would be the fact that men are naturally stronger than women and have always asserted that fact up until perhaps the last 2000 years, where it's gradually lessened. However that takes time, and prejudices die hard (usually with certain generations). The baby boomer generation (our parents, for the elder people here) were raised often times by extremely conservative women (not in the political sense) who "knew their place" (in the kitchen). If your parents weren't really hardcore hippies, than chances are they got some of that prejudice in them as well. Grandparents are still alive as well, and a number of my friends' grandparents are still racist, but you can't do anything about it because they're like 95 years old.

By the time we are grandparents, I think we'll be pretty well equal, hopefully with at least one black woman president. My current prejudices, slight though they may be, will probably seem huge to my grandchildren.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jan 8 2011, 5:42 am Fire_Kame Post #32

wth is starcraft

lol then XD my bad.

Jan 9 2011, 6:34 pm MillenniumArmy Post #33

Lol anyways.
Why would I put women and children first? Because they suck at surviving.

None.

Jan 9 2011, 7:11 pm Fire_Kame Post #34

wth is starcraft

Quote from MillenniumArmy

Lol anyways.
Why would I put women and children first? Because they suck at surviving.
Reminds me of the Futurama episode
"Come on, you never went on a date with a guy just 'cause you were hungry?"
"Well I...uh...I thought I might like him on a full stomach."

Jan 12 2011, 2:34 pm Neki Post #35

Quote from rockz
Quote from Fire_Kame
I do not want more rights then men.
You want more men then rights? If I were a girl, I'd get the rights first, then the men.[/nazi]

Most of the problem with "rights" in the United States comes from certain jobs that women simply can't do or are still fighting for equality in pay/respect. Sports, for example, is a male-laden market. Say what you will about the WNBA, but women in sports make paltry amounts compared to men in sports. Perhaps sports are a bad example.

Now, well payed businessmen are also in the male-mostly category, which is likely due to two things: nature and history. Nature being that it's clear that women think differently from men, and have different hormones which make us do things we don't know why we do. It's slight enough that it DOES make a difference. Businesswomen also have to give up their jobs for a short time should they ever want to have children, which men do not. The government can dictate that all they want, but if some shit goes down while a female CEO is on maternity leave, it's somewhat difficult.

History would be the fact that men are naturally stronger than women and have always asserted that fact up until perhaps the last 2000 years, where it's gradually lessened. However that takes time, and prejudices die hard (usually with certain generations). The baby boomer generation (our parents, for the elder people here) were raised often times by extremely conservative women (not in the political sense) who "knew their place" (in the kitchen). If your parents weren't really hardcore hippies, than chances are they got some of that prejudice in them as well. Grandparents are still alive as well, and a number of my friends' grandparents are still racist, but you can't do anything about it because they're like 95 years old.

By the time we are grandparents, I think we'll be pretty well equal, hopefully with at least one black woman president. My current prejudices, slight though they may be, will probably seem huge to my grandchildren.

But the difference in pay in men/women sports is warranted by the highly different skill level. Yes, women in sports are highly skilled compared to the regular joe, but the skill level between professional male and woman athletes is noticable enough that a separate league of genders is required, and the skill difference is reflected in the paycheck. While I believe sports players are grossly overpaid, most of the pay difference between men and woman is rooted in a difference in skill rather than prejudice, or rather, reflected in skills gained from genetics. I think it's most evident in sports like basketball, golf and tennis where you can see how much of a difference actually exists.

None.

Jan 12 2011, 2:48 pm Centreri Post #36

You don't mean skill; you mean ability. I don't believe skill is reliant on genetics.

None.

Jan 12 2011, 3:14 pm NudeRaider Post #37

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Blame the computer games. They often don't distinguish between skill and ability properly either.

Jan 12 2011, 6:13 pm Fire_Kame Post #38

wth is starcraft

Quote from NudeRaider
Blame the computer games. They often don't distinguish between skill and ability properly either.

Heh. You know, you're right. Chicks should get an acrobatic bonus and a strength handicap.

But then no one would want to play chicks.

Jan 12 2011, 7:13 pm Ahli Post #39

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from NudeRaider

Heh. You know, you're right. Chicks should get an acrobatic bonus and a strength handicap.

But then no one would want to play chicks.
They would be archers... pew pew while running backwards... hitting every tree on the path unable to find the parking lot...

I prefer playing female chars in some games. Hearing a man moaning all the time isn't what I like.

Jan 12 2011, 7:15 pm Fire_Kame Post #40

wth is starcraft

Ahli you're not the first one to present that kind of argument. Other similar arguments I've heard is that men would rather look at a woman's ass over a man's.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum