Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: WikiLeaks Founder to be tried for Espionage
WikiLeaks Founder to be tried for Espionage
Nov 30 2010, 6:13 pm
By: Fire_Kame  

Dec 12 2010, 5:15 pm poison_us Post #21

Back* from the grave

Chances are the government would let him found it, then try him anyways because he wasn't a journalist at that time. Same goes for getting a job with a legit news station now...he committed the "crime" while not a journalist, thus any claim to legitimate news actions is null.

Dec 14 2010, 2:48 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #22

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
You can't unleak information. Why is this pointless drama still going on?
Because with the site existing more information is bound to show up. Duh.

None.

Feb 28 2011, 4:03 am TiKels Post #23

(Necro)
I heard that he released information on some banks, and it was reccomended to the bank (I think it was Bank of America? No idea) by the government to hire this million dollar lawyer...

It should be noted that apparently Anonymous is defending wikileaks.

...And then the lawyer claimed he had information on members of Anonymous. The next day the lawyer had all of his bank accounts drained, his servers for his websites down, as well as his backup servers. Also they remotely wiped his Ipad.

This is all according to my friend. Has anyone heard about anything like this to confirm?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Feb 28 2011, 4:07 am The Starport Post #24

Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
You can't unleak information. Why is this pointless drama still going on?
Because with the site existing more information is bound to show up. Duh.
And you don't think there's any other ways for the information to propagate than that one site? :ermm:

None.

Feb 28 2011, 4:49 am TiKels Post #25

But people use wikileaks. It's like, designed so information can be leaked kinda anonymously. You just don't see any wikileaks spin-offs lying around. Nobody wants to be tried for espionage.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Feb 28 2011, 5:23 am Decency Post #26

There are a bunch of Wikileaks spin-offs. =o

http://www.google.com/search?q=wikileaks+spinoff

Haven't looked into the situation recently, but I don't think it's going too well. It'll still probably be stalled forever though.

None.

Options
  Back to forum