Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Let's Make a MOBA
Let's Make a MOBA
Nov 27 2010, 3:31 am
By: LoveLess  

Nov 28 2010, 6:15 am aalleecc248 Post #21

I like the concept of this project, but the only way I can contribute right now is terraining. I have no problem redoing any mistakes or bugs found in anything because throughout my past mapping experiences, I was forced to redo whole data, triggers, etc.

Name Ideas:
- Spellcasters Arena (SA)
- Fables of Souls (FoS)

I'm not the best at names, but just asking for a position felt too little for me.

None.

Nov 28 2010, 6:27 am DevliN Post #22

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I'm pretty good with the Data Editor, not so much with Triggers. So I can help in that department if need be whenever I have time.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 28 2010, 6:28 am LoveLess Post #23

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from aalleecc248
I like the concept of this project, but the only way I can contribute right now is terraining. I have no problem redoing any mistakes or bugs found in anything because throughout my past mapping experiences, I was forced to redo whole data, triggers, etc.

Name Ideas:
- Spellcasters Arena (SA)
- Fables of Souls (FoS)

I'm not the best at names, but just asking for a position felt too little for me.
Sure, if you would like, you could design your concept terrain as early as you like. What is best I think, is to have multiple concepts and work off the one that feels right. This could always change, but I plan for the map to never change: We don't need a 3v3 map or a secondary, one that works excellent is just fine.

This is an open invite to everyone by the way, make a map strictly of terrain and ideas, it doesn't have to be detailed at the moment, we just need a template to work from for now.

Also: I am compiling every idea that has been submitted and taking the best, to design our current map outline. This is an Open Team Project, meaning I won't really designate positions being the "Project Head," but instead have everyone do their parts and switch hands where needed. Any kind of team-effort between interested members is welcome!

Edit:

Also, http://www.staredit.net/topic/12938/

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 28 2010, 8:30 am by LoveLess.

None.

Nov 29 2010, 10:40 pm poison_us Post #24

Back* from the grave

Quote from LoveLess
Quote from poison_us

Blargh.
Did you read all of my posts? I made a mention about another idea around it, but called it the Grimoire as far as the Necronomicon and how I feel the spellbooks should be.

Well, I still like the +20% benefit on true-to-type spellbooks, which sorta coincides with you wanting to have more defined roles in-game. And yes, I did read, but I skipped over a large part of all the posts because I wanted to expand my reasoning a little bit more and I didn't have too much time. Your second image is going to have people complaining, because some will think one side is predetermined to be ganked heavily...it might be a good idea, but only if both top and bottom are rounded (or squarish). The idea of grass acting as a block to the line of sight (like cliffs) right next to the middle lane would be a pain...perhaps adding a 10% or so slow to the grass (ya know, complementing the idea of moving through the tall grass, as opposed to open plain) would counteract the endless ganking that would occur. Here's that list I promised (client, game, or other bugs aside):

LoL:
+ Rune pages, a wide variety of champions, passives, creeps spawn at the most important structure, Baron grants a global buff as opposed to HoN's Token of Life, individual neutral camps have individual spawn timers, certain items such as Rylia's Crystal Scepter or Black Cleaver, no real nuke item, easier to come back from losing creep spawns, and customizable rune pages.
- Bad towers, easy to come back from creep spawns, no real nuke item, few stuns/silences, passives are champion-unique, only one champion can deny, and more that I can't think of for now.

HoN:
When I get time, I'll tell ya what I liked and what I didn't.

Options
  Back to forum