Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: SEN Arena
SEN Arena
Nov 21 2010, 2:26 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 9 >

Dec 12 2010, 11:17 pm Jack Post #121

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from DevliN
Right, it'll be ongoing. All newer heroes will be added and balanced compared to the existing ones. We just need a handful of them to be finished in the first place in order to release this. I'm in no hurry, though.

Also, TZ was Biophysicist, right? I assumed this would happen after I read a post of his on SC2Mapster a few months back. Oh well.
"Last login 26 Aug 2010" He doesn't like mapster really. He's got some mental illness and syphon vs all + his meds was stuffing him up so he left. I can't blame him really, he'll probably still be helping with TS2 and RCDF so I'm happy :P

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Dec 13 2010, 12:04 am payne Post #122

:payne:

Quote from DevliN
Also, TZ was Biophysicist, right? I assumed this would happen after I read a post of his on SC2Mapster a few months back. Oh well.
Mind copying it here? :teehee:

None.

Dec 13 2010, 12:07 am Alzarath Post #123

Praetor

Quote from name:Artanis186

Clearly, I'm in the VERY early stages of this. I'll post more when I've added new abilities or gotten some stats.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 16 2010, 9:47 pm by Artanis186.

None.

Dec 13 2010, 2:32 am Cheese Post #124

I would like to suggest a day/night cycle but IDK how to do so :bleh:
Quote from name:Mp)Cheese
// Mp)Cheese
  • Model(s) Used: Colossus (Ultimate), Overlord (Summon), Preserver A (Hero), Archon morph
  • Health: 100
  • Shields: 325
  • Damage: 30 (-10 mechanical, +5 psionic) (60, +10 biological (day)/45 (night) Ultimate)
  • Armor: 0
  • Movement Speed: 2.75
  • Abilities: 4 Active
    [Q] Swarm Call: Summons a miniature Overlord (is it possible to have the same flame animation as the viking mercs, etc?) that can attack (have a spore crawler like attack against ground an air, deals 20 damage) and support the hero, the overlord can be killed (250hp), if the hero is killed and the overlord is still alive, the overlord will be neutral for 25 seconds, at which point it will defect to the side of a player who has entered a set radius, or go rogue and attack any player after 20 seconds of neutrality have passed.
    [W] ChronoBlast: Creates a burst (like psionic shockwave), that knocks back enemy units (dealing damage, TBA) and destroys enemy projectiles, applies a behavior to allies that slows enemy and projectile movement for a certain time period (time limit TBA)
    [E] Mimic: Simple, Duplicates the weapon of the target unit for 20 seconds (range of between melee and 2, TBA)
    [R] Technokinesis: Hero "morphs" into powerful miniature colossus (using archon morph model) with a build time (TBA), the Colossus (hp 400, shields 375, 2 armor) will have the name of the hero, one thermal lance laser that decreases in power at night (makes contact with enemy, not ground, like a void ray laser, but isnt constant, can attack ground and air), a battery life at which point it will die and the hero will return to normal when it dies (when the colossus has died or run out of battery, the hero is silenced (no spells) and cannot attack for 20 seconds)
    [Q] Photon Burst: Uses a missile (orange colored void blast (hybrid destroyer) and the yamato impact) that deals 20 AoE damage and stuns units, (usable only by the colossus, thus part of the ultimate), usable only at daytime, 15-20 sec cooldown (TBA)

what I need help with is creating such hero, as some of these abilities are beyond my ability.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Dec 13 2010, 2:47 am by Cheese.

None.

Dec 13 2010, 2:40 am DevliN Post #125

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

That's 5 abilities.

And which ones do you need help with?

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Dec 13 2010, 2:45 am Cheese Post #126

I agree that that is 5, but one is part of the ultimate, it can be removed if necessary, basically, I can look into Swarm call, and technokinesis and photon burst, its chronoblast and parts of technokinesis (mainly creating the colossus weapon, the building actor, the ability to be killed while building) ill need help with.

None.

Dec 14 2010, 1:02 am Alzarath Post #127

Praetor

I decided to model the stats off the SC1 Scout version of Artanis. Should I just halt the energy regen or drain it?

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 16 2010, 9:47 pm by Artanis186.

None.

Dec 14 2010, 3:37 am Cheese Post #128

// Mp)Cheese
  • Model(s) Used: Colossus (Ultimate), Overlord (Summon), Preserver A (Hero), Archon morph
  • Health: 100
  • Shields: 325
  • Damage: 30 (-10 mechanical, +5 psionic) (60, +10 biological (day)/45 (night) Ultimate)
  • Movement Speed: 2.75
  • Abilities: 4 Active
    [Q] Swarm Call: Summons a miniature Overlord (is it possible to have the same flame animation as the viking mercs, etc?) that can attack (have a spore crawler like attack against ground an air, deals 20 damage) and support the hero, the overlord can be killed (275hp), if the hero is killed and the overlord is still alive, the overlord will be neutral for 25 seconds, at which point it will defect to the side of a player who has entered a set radius, or go rogue and attack any player after 20 seconds of neutrality have passed. Max 2 overlords.
    [W] ChronoBlast: Creates a burst (like psionic shockwave), that knocks back enemy units (dealing damage, TBA) and destroys enemy projectiles, applies a behavior to allies that slows enemy and projectile movement for 15 seconds
    [E] Mimic: Simple, Duplicates the weapon of the target unit for 20 seconds (range of 1.5)
    [R] Technokinesis: Hero "morphs" into powerful miniature colossus (using archon morph model) with a build time (TBA), the Colossus (hp 400, shields 375, 2 armor) will have the name of the hero, one thermal lance laser that decreases in power at night (makes contact with enemy, not ground, like a laser burst (connects between thermal lance and target and then disappears), can attack ground and air), a battery life (90+ seconds?) at which point it will die and the hero will return to normal when it dies (when the colossus has died or run out of battery, the hero is silenced (no spells) and cannot attack for 20 seconds)

I am apparently really busy, so if someone(s) could do this hero for me, that would be great, Im really sorry

None.

Dec 15 2010, 5:19 am Alzarath Post #129

Praetor

Finally got all my abilties done. I decreased the amount of speed the Photon Boosters game by half, as I felt double speed was too much for the cost. The Proton Missile is still kinda up in the air. I needed an offensive ability, and I felt something with decent range is suitable for my character. But it could always change if I think of something better.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 16 2010, 9:48 pm by Artanis186.

None.

Dec 15 2010, 5:46 pm ImagoDeo Post #130

I just realized that, although my hero does have several ranged abilities, he has no abilities that actually launch a missile. Is this a problem? I can fix it if need be.

None.

Dec 15 2010, 6:36 pm NicholasBeige Post #131

We never decided on that.

I personally think every hero should have at least 1 or 2 Launch Missile abilities. Alternatively, your primary attack should be a Launch Missile effect. Otherwise, all abilities which focus on doing anything to 'projectiles' will be damn useless.

None.

Dec 15 2010, 7:22 pm DevliN Post #132

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

An all-melee hero isn't bad, as long as they either have a way to catch enemies (i.e. a teleport/leap) or slow enemies, otherwise it may seem too difficult to play as them.

Also I just wanted to mention something Artanis brought up in a PM. To clarify, all the abilities should have cooldowns so that they aren't spammable, unless that is the point of the hero's abilities. And abilities can cost energy or not, doesn't matter, as long as they have cooldowns.

My Overwatch addiction.

Dec 16 2010, 9:46 pm Alzarath Post #133

Praetor

// Artanis
  • Model(s) Used: Scout, Arcade Carrier, Arcade Scout Missile, Void Ray Beam
  • Health: 250
  • Shields: 250
  • Damage: 20 ground, 14x2 air (28x2 vs armored)
  • Armor: 3
  • Movement Speed: 2.8125
  • Abilities: 3 Active, 1 toggle
    [Q] Proton Missile: Weak, long-ranged missile with a short cooldown and low energy cost. Reveals for 2 seconds and deals 20 damage in a small area.
    [W] Solar Shield: Shields are increased by 100, shield armor is increased by 3, and shield regeneration is increased by 2 for 15 seconds.
    [E] Photon Boosters: Stops energy regeneration while increasing his movement speed by 50%.
    [R] Cleanse: A carrier is summoned and, after 5 seconds of charging, fires a beam at the enemy unit, damaging them for 270 over 9 seconds and slowing their movement by 20%.

I added a slow, as I felt it was too easy to leave the carriers range. I also included all the numbers for the abilities. His mana costs are fairly low, so everything is a little more spammable.

None.

Dec 20 2010, 5:46 pm ImagoDeo Post #134

Quote from name:Cardinal
We never decided on that.

I personally think every hero should have at least 1 or 2 Launch Missile abilities. Alternatively, your primary attack should be a Launch Missile effect. Otherwise, all abilities which focus on doing anything to 'projectiles' will be damn useless.

Quote from DevliN
An all-melee hero isn't bad, as long as they either have a way to catch enemies (i.e. a teleport/leap) or slow enemies, otherwise it may seem too difficult to play as them.

Also I just wanted to mention something Artanis brought up in a PM. To clarify, all the abilities should have cooldowns so that they aren't spammable, unless that is the point of the hero's abilities. And abilities can cost energy or not, doesn't matter, as long as they have cooldowns.

I need a final reply here. So far, my hero has the following:

// DEO
  • Model(s) Used: Zeratul + Zeratul's blink (tinted), Feedback Launch and Impact (Impact is tinted), Artifact Shockwave (tinted)
  • Health: 350
  • Shields: 200
  • Damage: 50 (+20 Psionic)
  • Movement Speed: 2.90
  • Abilities: 3 Active, 1 Passive
    [Q] Blink: Instantly teleports in the direction specified, up to a maximum distance of 6. No cooldown, but each cast consumes a charge that takes 30 seconds to recharge. Max 3 charges.
    [W] Khala Strike: Calls down a beam of light that inflicts damage on the targeted opponent. Also has a blinding effect, reducing sight range to 2 for 15 seconds. 10 second cooldown. Blindness cannot be refreshed. Once Blindness ends, foes gain immunity to Blindness for 15 seconds. 10 Second cooldown.
    [E] Void Strike: Blasts the targeted area with raw power from the Void, creating a persistent effect that deals 100 (+50 Psionic) damage over 15 seconds and slows foes caught in it. 30 Second cooldown.
    [Passive] Twilight Power: Energizes nearby allies, granting them an additional 50 shields and increasing their shield regeneration by 1.0 per second. If no allies are in range, this passive instead increases Deo's shields by 100 and shield regen by 2.0 per second.

I can give the Khala Strike or Void Strike abilities a launched missile that impacts the target location/unit and causes the effect. Would that be preferable to the current instant-cast style?

Or was the 'missile ability' thing not as important as Cardinal makes it out to be?

None.

Dec 24 2010, 2:49 am payne Post #135

// PAYNE
  • Model(s) Used: Zealot Prisoner
  • Energy: 200 (no regeneration rate)
  • Shield/Health: 450/60
  • Damage: 30x2 [Melee] (gains 0.4 shield and 1 energy per melee damage inflicted)
  • Life Armor: 7
  • Shield Armor: 4
  • Abilities: 2 offensive, 2 defensive
    [Q] Biological Bomb: Launches a bomb at the targeted point. Bomb detonates relatively quickly, dealing damage to everyone within a certain range.
    [W] Pierce: Shoots a quick bullet toward the selected unit/point target. Has a fixed range (this means even thought you aim at range 1 from your unit, it'd continue further, until it reaches it's set range). Bullets deal damage to anything it encounters, including allies. Deals great amount of damage.
    [E] Deny: Casts a Guardian Shield model at the current caster's position. Lasts a few seconds. Any missile within it explodes, and heroes within it are drastically slowed down. The range of this spell is always shown to all players.
    [R] Adrenaline: Activates an Aura that boosts the caster's movement speed, attack speed rate, life armor and weapon damage, but nullifies its Shield armor.

Also, I'd like to show a "cooldown bar" over the head of the Hero that indicates when the hero is ready to attack with his weapon: it'll help for the micro, due to the rather slow speed of attack.

None.

Dec 24 2010, 6:23 am DevliN Post #136

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from ImagoDeo
I can give the Khala Strike or Void Strike abilities a launched missile that impacts the target location/unit and causes the effect. Would that be preferable to the current instant-cast style?

Or was the 'missile ability' thing not as important as Cardinal makes it out to be?
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. If you think that a melee-centric hero will work when almost everyone else is ranged, then by all means try it. If it doesn't work, we ca always pull the hero and re-tweak it. This will be an ongoing project, so I anticipate many changes.

Quote from payne
// PAYNE
  • Model(s) Used: Zealot Prisoner
  • Energy: 200 (no regeneration rate)
  • Shield/Health: 450/60
  • Damage: 30x2 [Melee] (gains 0.4 shield and 1 energy per melee damage inflicted)
  • Life Armor: 7
  • Shield Armor: 4
  • Abilities: 2 offensive, 2 defensive
    [Q] Biological Bomb: Launches a bomb at the targeted point. Bomb detonates relatively quickly, dealing damage to everyone within a certain range.
    [W] Pierce: Shoots a quick bullet toward the selected unit/point target. Has a fixed range (this means even thought you aim at range 1 from your unit, it'd continue further, until it reaches it's set range). Bullets deal damage to anything it encounters, including allies. Deals great amount of damage.
    [E] Deny: Casts a Guardian Shield model at the current caster's position. Lasts a few seconds. Any missile within it explodes, and heroes within it are drastically slowed down. The range of this spell is always shown to all players.
    [R] Adrenaline: Activates an Aura that boosts the caster's movement speed, attack speed rate, life armor and weapon damage, but nullifies its Shield armor.

Also, I'd like to show a "cooldown bar" over the head of the Hero that indicates when the hero is ready to attack with his weapon: it'll help for the micro, due to the rather slow speed of attack.
What do you mean a cooldown bar? If you need something attached to your hero, make sure it is attached to your hero as you see fit in the map being sent to me.

My Overwatch addiction.

Dec 24 2010, 7:50 pm Cheese Post #137

// Mp)Cheese
  • Health (Hero): 100
  • Shields (Hero): 325
  • Energy (Hero): 425 total, starting is 175, regen double the usual amount
  • Health (Colossus): 400
  • Shields (Colossus): 400
  • Damage (Hero): 30 (-10 mechanical, +5 psionic)
  • Damage (Colossus): 60 (+10 biological)
  • Armor (Colossus): 3 (The Hero has 0 Armor)
  • Movement Speed (Both): 2.85
  • Abilities: 3 Active: 1 summon, 1 offensive, 1 ultimate, & 1 Passive
    [Q] Swarm Call: Summons a miniature Overlord (is it possible to have the same flame animation as the viking mercs, etc?) that can attack (have a spore crawler like attack against ground an air, deals 20 damage (+5 Heroic) and support the hero, the overlord can be killed (300 hp), if the hero is killed and the overlord is still alive, the overlord will be neutral for 25 seconds, at which point it will defect to the side of a player who has entered a set radius. Max 2 overlords, one minute cooldown, hero will start with the ability available, costs 110 energy.
    [W] ChronoBlast: Creates a burst (like psionic shockwave), that knocks back enemy units (dealing 65 damage) and destroys enemy projectiles, creates an aftereffect (a field, or circular area) on the user and allies that slows projectiles and enemies for 15 seconds, the initial blast ability will have a 15s cooldown, costs 75 energy
    [E] Khalai Shield: Passive, Hero is immune to any abilities that drain the target's energy (Feedback, etc.), shields regenerate rapidly out of combat (doubles shield regeneration)
    [R] Technokinesis: Hero "morphs" into a powerful miniature colossus (using archon morph model) with a build time (20s), the Colossus will have the name of the hero, one thermal lance laser (makes contact with enemy, not ground, like a laser burst (connects between thermal lance and target and then disappears), can attack ground and air), a battery life (90+ seconds?) at which point it will die and the hero will return to normal when it dies (when the colossus has died or run out of battery, the hero is silenced (no spells) and cannot attack for 20 seconds) Technokinesis has a 5:00 (5 min) cooldown (starts with the ability unavailable until cooldown expires), and requires full energy (425) to use.
I think this is Final, unless balance testing says otherwise

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Dec 24 2010, 8:16 pm by Cheese.

None.

Dec 25 2010, 3:25 pm Tempz Post #138

I think my armor should be light,
having a very high shield defense, make sure my stats are up to part with temp's <3

None.

Dec 25 2010, 9:42 pm payne Post #139

What do you mean a cooldown bar? If you need something attached to your hero, make sure it is attached to your hero as you see fit in the map being sent to me.
You know, a bit like this white/grey bar that appears over units to show the cooldown left until an ability's effects end. :O

None.

Dec 25 2010, 10:53 pm DevliN Post #140

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I know what a cooldown bar is. I'm asking what you mean in terms of your hero. Do you want one bar per ability with a cooldown? Is it visible by everyone (which seems sort of unfair for that hero)? How do you plan on making it?

My Overwatch addiction.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 9 >
  Back to forum