Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Dota 2?!?
Dota 2?!?
Oct 13 2010, 5:45 pm
By: ShredderIV
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6

Aug 3 2012, 11:35 am NudeRaider Post #101

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Sand Wraith
GPMs generally seem a lot higher in DOTA 2 than in HoN, so maybe I'm just still doing mediocre. :[
Quote from screenshot
Hero Kill: 240g

So you get more overall gpm, but the same for hero kills... Does that mean hero kills have less weight in Dota 2 than they have in HoN?
Or the same conclusion from a different angle: Dying is worse in Dota 2 (more gold lost during respawn time), but getting only assists doesn't set you back as much (gold income from hero kills is a smaller portion of total income).
This seems to help supports and furthering team spirit (in pub games) by making ksing less rewarding (in relation to total income).

Aug 3 2012, 2:53 pm LoveLess Post #102

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from Sand Wraith
GPMs generally seem a lot higher in DOTA 2 than in HoN, so maybe I'm just still doing mediocre. :[
Quote from screenshot
Hero Kill: 240g
So you get more overall gpm, but the same for hero kills... Does that mean hero kills have less weight in Dota 2 than they have in HoN?
Or the same conclusion from a different angle: Dying is worse in Dota 2 (more gold lost during respawn time), but getting only assists doesn't set you back as much (gold income from hero kills is a smaller portion of total income).
This seems to help supports and furthering team spirit (in pub games) by making ksing less rewarding (in relation to total income).
I never truly understood why HON is do different from DOTA, yet pretty much exactly the same.

Well, I decided to do some research: Lane creeps in HON are worth 35-50g for both ranged and melee, while the siege are 58-80g. Lane creeps in DOTA2 are 38-48g for melee, 43-53g for ranged and 66-80g for siege. Meanwhile the two jungles, while they have slightly different camps (the Snotters and Kobolds being the biggest difference) give the same range of gold. Also, the size of DOTA2's map compared to HON, is much smaller. The Towers also give the same range of gold and team gold.

Tried to look up how HON's assist gold and reliable gold distribution was handled.
Hero assist gold totals 50% of kill amount, split between all assisters
As for DOTA2,
Heroes that are in a 1000 area and not being the killer will be granted a certain amount of reliable gold, depending on total heroes in that area.
1 Hero: 95 9*(Dying Hero's Level)
2 Heroes: 20 8*(Dying Hero's Level)
3 Heroes: 10 6*(Dying Hero's Level)
4 or 5 Heroes: 6*(Dying Hero's Level)
Also Hero kills are reliable gold.

If you were a pubstar, you would be looking at >400gpm.

If anything here was wrong, blame HON's wiki.

EDIT:
For those of who you do not use chrome and cannot get the awesome DOTA2 Stream Browser to watch some quality games when they are casted, you can alternatively use Teevox.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Aug 3 2012, 8:28 pm by NudeRaider. Reason: double post merged

None.

Aug 3 2012, 8:00 pm Sand Wraith Post #103

she/her

If you were a pubstar, you would be looking at >400gpm.

I'm a pubstar, bitch.

But I'm not just any pubstar.

I'm 32Ws. Fear me.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6
  Back to forum