Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Elimination Championship
Elimination Championship
Oct 5 2010, 10:30 pm
By: JayNLittleAsi
Pages: < 1 2 3

Nov 18 2010, 12:01 am Decency Post #41

I'm just going to ask here because this looks really interesting, how the hell do you actually get Custom Maps to play?

I've tried searching on Battle.net for a few that I've seen on YouTube and they usually don't come up, and when they do no one joins. I've tried using both Create and Join. Is there some trick? =o

None.

Nov 18 2010, 12:31 am UnholyUrine Post #42

The trick is to play this during mapnight.. which'd probably be the only time anyone'd play it.. or u can stalk jay/littleasi

The reason why nothing works is because Battle.net2 is a piece of humongous, diahhrea dog shit. I'm also not sure why they made the save folder, if there is any.. so encrypted and such. Trust me... there is no trick.. just b.net2 fucking us over.

None.

Nov 18 2010, 3:21 am payne Post #43

:payne:

Quote from name:FaZ-
I'm just going to ask here because this looks really interesting, how the hell do you actually get Custom Maps to play?

I've tried searching on Battle.net for a few that I've seen on YouTube and they usually don't come up, and when they do no one joins. I've tried using both Create and Join. Is there some trick? =o
Maps aren't published over all servers: it might be your problem.
And in order to allow people to join, you must click the button saying "Make the game public" (or something like that). From there, you just wish you have luck because there probably will not be anyone that will join anyways because of the popularity system. :/

None.

Dec 17 2010, 8:03 pm JayNLittleAsi Post #44

Hey guys, it's been a while... the game is now released as Elimination Championship, and there are a few major changes, including:
- double HP for all classes
- double ammo for all classes
- Grenadier scaled (higher dmg on grenades)
- Sniper minimum range taken away
- Engineer scaled for greater support.
- all classes are faster
- flag carrier slowed more
This affects gameplay in a few ways:
- some of the classes can no longer be one-hit killed. The only classes that can be one-shot now are the ones that can counter the other one-shot classes. My hope is that battles will be longer, but still fast-paced.
- in the games of FAC / MBTF that we played, I noticed that teamplay was not a strong aspect of gameplay, as one player could easily wipe the other team out given the dmg / hp ratios (although 3v1/4v1's usually ended up in the 1 getting raped). With longer battles, the teamplay aspect will mean much more.
- it was difficult in FAC / MBTF to dodge many of the attacks. As a result, I increased all the classes' movespeeds by a scaled amount. Hopefully this will not make aiming TOO hard, but I am sure people will still find ways to kill.

Lemme know what you think!

None.

Dec 17 2010, 8:29 pm UnholyUrine Post #45

Not to sure about making every thing faster, as I felt it was pretty fast already.

I like the other changes tho. Doubling the HP would definately make the action more strategic and less of a testosterone match. Tho, we gotta play to see if you've hit the sweet spot between Strategy and Skills.

@Teamwork.. I think doubling the HP and slowing the flag carrier more will force players to work as a team more.

Btw, are you still going to call it Metal Bile Tooth and Fire ?
sheeeeeeeeeesh :disgust:

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 17 2010, 8:35 pm by UnholyUrine.

None.

Dec 18 2010, 5:52 am payne Post #46

NUUUU!!! Does Commando one-hit Zealot and Scout? :awesome:

@UU: New name is "Elimination Championship".

None.

Dec 18 2010, 6:13 am UnholyUrine Post #47

I thought that was just the "genre" or something.

Man, just call it "Metal and Fire" ... I feel like we're back to square one with "Elimination Championship"

None.

Dec 19 2010, 7:25 am payne Post #48

1) I request that the title of this thread changes to the actual name of the game, "Elimination Championship".
2) I request that this game is ported to a 12 players version which we will be able to play during Map Nights. :awesome:
3) I request that the Commando can one-hit the Assassin.

None.

Dec 19 2010, 5:58 pm JayNLittleAsi Post #49

Quote from payne
1) I request that the title of this thread changes to the actual name of the game, "Elimination Championship".
2) I request that this game is ported to a 12 players version which we will be able to play during Map Nights. :awesome:

1) done
2) 12 player version sounds fun =D
3) Assassin can't 1-hit the Commando, why should the Commando one-hit the Assassin? That ball is so fucking big and fast, it would be unfair if it 1-hit. I will, however, make it so that it one-hits the Scout.

None.

Dec 20 2010, 12:17 am payne Post #50

Quote from JayNLittleAsi
Quote from payne

1) done
2) 12 player version sounds fun =D
3) Assassin can't 1-hit the Commando, why should the Commando one-hit the Assassin? That ball is so fucking big and fast, it would be unfair if it 1-hit. I will, however, make it so that it one-hits the Scout.
Assassin shall 1 hit the Commando, then. ^^

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum