Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Homosexuality: Nature vs. Nurture
Homosexuality: Nature vs. Nurture
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 31 2007, 7:41 pm
By: Armony
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 619 >

Polls
Nature or Nurture?
Nature or Nurture?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Nature 28

34%
None.
Nurture 23

28%
None.
Both 27

33%
None.
Can't decide 6

8%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 84 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Sep 1 2007, 4:11 am Falkoner Post #61

Thoughts and emotions cannot be passed genetically, I don't know how you are getting this.

I know I said it was my last post, but I want the last word :P

None.

Sep 1 2007, 4:13 am Death-Marine Post #62

lies... I GET THE LAST POST ALWAYS AND PIRATE YOUR STATEMENT IS TRUE

None.

Sep 1 2007, 4:17 am PwnPirate Post #63

Actually they can. Autism causes lack of certain emotions, enhancements in certain thoughts. Ever hear of Savant Syndrome? How about Asperger's Syndrome? The list is endless. Why do you claim things that you never researched?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 1 2007, 4:18 am by PwnPirate.

None.

Sep 1 2007, 4:24 am MadZombie Post #64

i say its nature becuz i saw on some science channel ( i know thats not a good place to fall back on) that every human is born with this part ur brain that determines ur masculinty or ur femenim-ness?(lol?) regardless of your sexual organs.The smaller it is the more female like you are and vicse versa.

id say nature becuz its only ting i can find proof of (even tho its unreliable) :(

None.

Sep 1 2007, 4:29 am Falkoner Post #65

So? Because you are slightly more feminine doesn't mean you have to suddenly start liking guys.<br />And PwnPirate, those are not thoughts and emotions, just mental traits.

None.

Sep 1 2007, 4:30 am Death-Marine Post #66

gay people are people so dont treat them with disrespect just cus of their love...
its like racisim... dont agree with gays? racism... illegal

None.

Sep 1 2007, 4:32 am PwnPirate Post #67

Not thoughts and emotions, just mental traits?
That's like saying, "that rocket isn't flammable, it's just able to be lit on fire."

None.

Sep 1 2007, 6:14 am MillenniumArmy Post #68

I am a Christian, but I do not believe that homosexuality itself is bad or is a sin.

Besides, contrary to what some of you guys have said, I don't see it anywhere saying that in the Bible that it is a sin. The only thing I see is that "marriage is meant to be for man and woman." That's it. Now is gay marriage wrong according to the Bible (or just in general)? We cannot say, but as for homosexuality itself, I am fairly confident that the Bible does not mention anywhere condemning it. If so, I'd like to know the exact book/verse that quotes such a thing.

And why have I said such things? It's because I believe homosexuality is Nature, not nurture (because sins are actions, not personal taste). I mean, I cannot just simply force myself to be gay; the thought of me making out/ having sexual intercourse with another male sickens me. For instance, there's no way to force me to study the field of Biology. It's in my blood that I love physics/math; no matter how hard I try, there's no way to convert me to liking biology. But then if you guys say that eventually after much effort, one would slowly begin to appreciate something else, well then that means it was in your blood to begin with; it's just that it has not been developed or awakened until recently. I think there was this Time magazine which featured Gay teens or something. I turned to the story and it consists of stories of all these gay teens who talk about having their first interests in the same sex during puberty.

None.

Sep 1 2007, 6:20 am Sie_Sayoka Post #69

I mentioned Sodom and Gammorah earlier. Thats the only part of the Bible that I can remember that condemns Sodomy in particular which vaguely condemns homosexuality as well.

None.

Sep 1 2007, 8:41 am Demented Shaman Post #70

There's a reason they're called "flaming" homosexuals.

None.

Sep 1 2007, 4:59 pm ClansAreForGays Post #71

Quote from Falkoner
I didn't mean to say that, as you can tell later in my sentence from the "I'm not saying it was right" and that made it sound like I was contradicting myself, so I changed it.

If a gay child refused to turn straight, then he has serious issues and I would call him a serious pansy.
ROFLROFLORLFORLFORLFORFL

That just made my week!<br />but srsly wait for wilhelm to see this and bury anything anyone proposed even remotely anti-gay with citations.

Sep 1 2007, 5:29 pm Excalibur Post #72

The sword and the faith

Well, Ill say right here that this is a topic ive gone on for pages about with less-intelligent people than the sub-humans youll find on SEN, if you can believe such people exist.

Lets get started.

Quote from devilesk
It's the devil's influence. God didn't intend for there to be homosexuality.
How convienent, because im atheist.

Quote from TitanWing
Homosexuality is unnatural. It wasn't the way humans were designed to...interact. This is obvious in our physical design. Homosexual people for the most part come from difficult unbringings or suffer from depression.

I suffer from nothing other than occassional boredom and ive never had a list of chores in my life let alone a 'difficult' upbringing. My lifes been a pretty nice-easy street and im bisexual. Ive heard this sort of reasoning before but quite frankly I find it to be a weak and for-the-sake-arguing arguement, usually posed by christians.

Quote from Falkoner
God didn't mean for us to be gay, "The sacred power of procreation be employed, only between a man and a woman, lawfully wedded as husband and wife"

Again, atheism FTW.

Quote from Falkoner
It's not in nature, I don't see how you can find other people the same sex attractive, a guy naturally wants to be able to be the powerful one in a relationship, and a girl naturally wants to find a stronger and brave person. Finding the same sex attractive is just sick. I really think that it is of the devil.
Humans have destroyed a good deal of nature and have proved we are at the top of the food chain. I think what Nature intends can go fuck itself because we win. I find men attractive, I understand your straight and dont see how this could be, but hey, thats how you see things. However, your sterotyping men and women. Ive seen very shy/whimpy men and very dominant/powerful women, it depends on the person, dont go on assumption, its rude and wrong to assume.

Of the devil? Atheism again. /Shield. (That was a joke for you OMG SERIOUS SHIT people)

Quote from Falkoner
Ah, but homosexuality is a religious subject, as in most religions it is counted as an extremely abominable sin. And religion is one of the reasons why I think it is wrong, although just naturally I know that it is wrong, just thinking about it sickens me.

Right. So your judgement or the judgement of your religion makes everything right and wrong for everyone else? SOMEONE ALERT THE WORLD. FALKONER'S GOD RULES US ALL. OH SHIT. /Sarcasm

Homosexuality is not a religious subject. What your religion thinks of it is irrelivent, because the bible does not determine human nature or the way the mind works. It simply determines what values the christian faith is supposed to live by. Please stop assuming your god rules everything simply because you think so/your religion says so. Stop being a closed minded bible sucker and assume for once that you could be wrong, thats if you can ofcourse Falk.

Quote from Falkoner
Gayness cannot be natural as it was not practiced in the darker ages, it is only in modern day times when people are so screwed up to the point of not believing in God that they are gay.

Ahahahahhahahahhaahahahahahhahaahah.
Ahem.
In Rome, you could buy a prostitute of any age or gender. It was fine to be homo/bi/heterosexual in those times. You are wrong. Again.

Also why cant homosexuality or 'gayness' not be natural? Just because you dont think so? Who made you god? Better yet who made your god proven and real to everyone else? Hmm?

If you REALLY want to bring the bible into this:
Does not the bible say to love thy neighbor? (No where does it deny gays or anyone else of this silly.) Did jesus not eat with the lepers? They were considerded disgusting freaks but he ate with them and he did not hate them. He loved them as he should of, as his fellow man, and yet you have the gaul to make sexual orientation your basis for hate? I would think you a better christian if not a better person.

Quote from Falkoner
Homosexuality is NOT okay, you say we have nothing to be angry at them for? Maybe we are angry about them disobeying an order from God, and maybe because THEY ARE GAY?! I mean, really, how stupid can you get to think that it's okay for some high-pitched piece of crap to go around and pick which men they like, YOU should be sickened by them, because it is just wrong.
This is just you being a closed minded bible sucker, so im not even going to respond to it.

Quote from Falkoner
You know what, the thing is, I wouldn't be talking or even going near a gay person. I find them revolting, can you even imagine not finding women attractive? I mean, what kind of male finds manliness attractive in someone? And maybe those kids look at their parents and go "I don't want to be like those friggin idiots" and decide not to become homosexual.

More inargue-able evidence that your closed minded.

Quote from Falkoner
There is a difference, gay people are just wrong, while religious people really don't do anything wrong.

Again, your being closed minded. Your making your religion the word for EVERYONE disreguarding the fact that people dont believe as you do. You HAVE to be right, because your god forbid your ever wrong, your god forbid that hes not real. Grow up and think for yourself. If you can.

At this point im going to stop quoting Falkoner because hes already proven how worthless of an opponent he is on the debate of this subject. Thanks for making an ass-hat of yourself Falkoner.

And due to their being a lack of intelligent opposed opinions at this time as i look through the latter pages, i rest my case.

Thank you and good night.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Sep 1 2007, 5:57 pm Demented Shaman Post #73

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from devilesk
Actually, it's inconvenient for you, because you'll go to hell.

None.

Sep 1 2007, 6:02 pm Excalibur Post #74

The sword and the faith

Quote from devilesk
Quote from Excalibur
Quote from devilesk
Actually, it's inconvenient for you, because you'll go to hell.

Thats what you believe, i however think im just going to die and cease to exist. So good for you then devilesk.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Sep 1 2007, 6:06 pm Demented Shaman Post #75

It's what I believe, but it's also true.

None.

Sep 1 2007, 6:08 pm Excalibur Post #76

The sword and the faith

Quote from devilesk
It's what I believe, but it's also true.

Suuuuuuure. ;D

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Sep 1 2007, 6:11 pm Falkoner Post #77

Excalibur, I believe it is time to whack you across the face.

I wonder why you are atheist, maybe because you are a homo?

I suffer from nothing other than occassional boredom and ive never had a list of chores in my life let alone a 'difficult' upbringing. My lifes been a pretty nice-easy street and im bisexual. Ive heard this sort of reasoning before but quite frankly I find it to be a weak and for-the-sake-arguing arguement, usually posed by christians.

It is quite obvious that men were meant to be with women and visa versa, I don't give a crap if you've found that you can have sex with other men a way we were not designed for, you are still quite obviously not meant to.

God didn't mean for us to be gay, "The sacred power of procreation be employed, only between a man and a woman, lawfully wedded as husband and wife"

Did you know that Bush quoted that in one of his speeches, a quote from a prophet of the LDS church. I don't care that you are atheist, these words still apply to YOU. It is the basic meaning of life to live, grow, find a mate, and have children, and being gay does not fulfill the last objective.

Humans have destroyed a good deal of nature and have proved we are at the top of the food chain. I think what Nature intends can go fuck itself because we win. I find men attractive, I understand your straight and dont see how this could be, but hey, thats how you see things. However, your sterotyping men and women. Ive seen very shy/whimpy men and very dominant/powerful women, it depends on the person, dont go on assumption, its rude and wrong to assume.

Of the devil? Atheism again. /Shield. (That was a joke for you OMG SERIOUS SHIT people)

So because we have destroyed a small part of nature the rest of it can go down with it? No. And I AM stereotyping, you know why? Because the people that are that way can change. If they cannot, it is still fine, they still do not need to start going against their nature.

Right. So your judgement or the judgement of your religion makes everything right and wrong for everyone else? SOMEONE ALERT THE WORLD. FALKONER'S GOD RULES US ALL. OH SHIT. /Sarcasm

Homosexuality is not a religious subject. What your religion thinks of it is irrelivent, because the bible does not determine human nature or the way the mind works. It simply determines what values the christian faith is supposed to live by. Please stop assuming your god rules everything simply because you think so/your religion says so. Stop being a closed minded bible sucker and assume for once that you could be wrong, thats if you can ofcourse Falk.

Religion is the main thing that is still bringing down homosexuality, that and people knowing that it is sick and immoral. You say that the Bible is simply values that Christians live by? Have you ever read it for yourself? All the way through? The Bible contains many standards that everyone should live by.

Ahahahahhahahahhaahahahahahhahaahah.
Ahem.
In Rome, you could buy a prostitute of any age or gender. It was fine to be homo/bi/heterosexual in those times. You are wrong. Again.

Also why cant homosexuality or 'gayness' not be natural? Just because you dont think so? Who made you god? Better yet who made your god proven and real to everyone else? Hmm?

If you REALLY want to bring the bible into this:
Does not the bible say to love thy neighbor? (No where does it deny gays or anyone else of this silly.) Did jesus not eat with the lepers? They were considerded disgusting freaks but he ate with them and he did not hate them. He loved them as he should of, as his fellow man, and yet you have the gaul to make sexual orientation your basis for hate? I would think you a better christian if not a better person.

You know why the Romans allowed it? You know why we allow it? Because as we become more advanced we become more sick and do more and more wrong things for the sake of pleasure. And guess what happened to the Romans?

As I have already said, the Bible contains many standards, and not being homosexual is one of them, and if you had read the Bible rather than assuming that it has nothing against homosexuality, you are wrong. The first commandment that God gave to Adam and Eve was to multiply and replenish the Earth, that commandment is still in force and being a homosexual goes against it and disobeys the law of chastity, which is the second worst sin, only to murder.

This is just you being a closed minded bible sucker, so im not even going to respond to it.

Why? Because it speaks directly to YOU and calls YOU sick for being homosexual?

More inargue-able evidence that your closed minded.

As I have already said, it is the natural way of things, and going against it is unnatural.

Again, your being closed minded. Your making your religion the word for EVERYONE disreguarding the fact that people dont believe as you do. You HAVE to be right, because your god forbid your ever wrong, your god forbid that hes not real. Grow up and think for yourself. If you can.

At this point im going to stop quoting Falkoner because hes already proven how worthless of an opponent he is on the debate of this subject. Thanks for making an ass-hat of yourself Falkoner.

And due to their being a lack of intelligent opposed opinions at this time as i look through the latter pages, i rest my case.

Thank you and good night.

Excalibur, all I have to say is that I am sickened by you, I hope that you can realize how wrong homosexuality is and change your ways.

None.

Sep 1 2007, 6:22 pm Excalibur Post #78

The sword and the faith

Quote from Falkoner
Excalibur, I believe it is time to whack you across the face.

With what? Your bible? Or something that makes sense? Because if its the bible your WASTING YOUR TIME.

Quote from Falkoner
I wonder why you are atheist, maybe because you are a homo?

No actually, i just choose to believe that there is no god or afterlife. And im not 'homo', im bisexual.

Quote from Falkoner
It is quite obvious that men were meant to be with women and visa versa, I don't give a crap if you've found that you can have sex with other men a way we were not designed for, you are still quite obviously not meant to.

Right. We werent meant to because.....? *Waits for a non-bible response.*

Quote from Falkoner

Did you know that Bush quoted that in one of his speeches, a quote from a prophet of the LDS church. I don't care that you are atheist, these words still apply to YOU. It is the basic meaning of life to live, grow, find a mate, and have children, and being gay does not fulfill the last objective.

I dont want a family, so that objective is irellivent. I can adopt if i really felt like it, but i never would. I also hate bush, so i dont give two shits about what he says.
Again, YOU PHAIL.

Quote from Falkoner
So because we have destroyed a small part of nature the rest of it can go down with it? No. And I AM stereotyping, you know why? Because the people that are that way can change. If they cannot, it is still fine, they still do not need to start going against their nature.

Why not? We are the dominat species on this planet, why cant we decide to tell nature to go burn? Your no fun. ):

So people dont have to go against their nature hmmm? If my nature was to be gay, you'd reverse that statement. And why? Because you cant put up a decent arguement due to you knowing how much bullshit your spewing and the fact that GASP Your wrong. Why? Because your basis is the Bible, and the Bible cannot be proven, while science *ding ding ding& can. You just managed to:
Make no sense
Double back defeating your own points
Be more of an idiot. Congrats.

Quote from Falkoner
Religion is the main thing that is still bringing down homosexuality, that and people knowing that it is sick and immoral. You say that the Bible is simply values that Christians live by? Have you ever read it for yourself? All the way through? The Bible contains many standards that everyone should live by.

Ive read the bible and ive studied the christian religion in depth. I hate it. I hate it because it trys to dictate the life of everyone and doesnt account for its ability to be wrong. Everyone and everything can be wrong except for proven scientific fact, and thats where your arguement fails. I find Homosexuality the same as Heterosexuality: Love is love. And im sick of your 'OMG IM SO RIGHT' assumptions. Grow up.

Quote from Falkoner
You know why the Romans allowed it? You know why we allow it? Because as we become more advanced we become more sick and do more and more wrong things for the sake of pleasure. And guess what happened to the Romans?

Riiiiiiight. Technology is the devil, you should burn your computer before your soul becomes corrupted. Why, i bet SC is the devils best weapon yet! /Sarcasm.
Your a fucking joke. Romes fall wasnt some form of 'divine vengence' you sick insane little fruit cake.

Quote from Falkoner
As I have already said, the Bible contains many standards, and not being homosexual is one of them, and if you had read the Bible rather than assuming that it has nothing against homosexuality, you are wrong. The first commandment that God gave to Adam and Eve was to multiply and replenish the Earth, that commandment is still in force and being a homosexual goes against it and disobeys the law of chastity, which is the second worst sin, only to murder.

I dont care about what your bible says. It doesnt apply to me, but i can see how much you wish it did. Because with out your bible applying to me youve got nothing and you know it.

Quote from Falkoner
Why? Because it speaks directly to YOU and calls YOU sick for being homosexual?

No. Because your trying to make your religion otu to be absolute and all-powerful when it has no hold on me. Its a system of standards and beleifs and what i dont believe cannot bind me to its will.

Quote from Falkoner
As I have already said, it is the natural way of things, and going against it is unnatural.

Sorry but ive already explained this. Ill wait for my answer.

Quote from Falkoner
Excalibur, all I have to say is that I am sickened by you, I hope that you can realize how wrong homosexuality is and change your ways.

Not a chance. Nothing you say or do is going to make me change my ways, because im happy and can accept myself for who i am. If i were you, i couldnt look myself in the face let alone sleep at night.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 1 2007, 6:25 pm by Excalibur.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Sep 1 2007, 6:29 pm Falkoner Post #79

Okay, Excalibur, if you've studied the Bible so well you wouldn't have said that it never says anything against it, when it specifically speaks against it in Romans 1:24-32.

If you don't see it then there is no point in arguing with you. It is your choice to be a faggot if you want to, and it is your choice to not believe in God, we are on completely different pages, making there no point in argument as you believe that life is simply to have fun, and you don't give a crap if you do anything with your life, as long as you enjoy yourself.

None.

Sep 1 2007, 6:31 pm InsolubleFluff Post #80

Homosexuality is wrong because our nature says male + female = baby not male + male or female + female, though they may be wrong they deserve same respect. Long posts not needed for this arguement.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 619 >
  Back to forum