Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Homosexuality: Nature vs. Nurture
Homosexuality: Nature vs. Nurture
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 31 2007, 7:41 pm
By: Armony
Pages: < 1 « 17 18 19

Polls
Nature or Nurture?
Nature or Nurture?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Nature 28

34%
None.
Nurture 23

28%
None.
Both 27

33%
None.
Can't decide 6

8%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 84 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Aug 16 2008, 4:31 am A_of-s_t Post #361

aka idmontie

Quote from Falkoner
On a more serious note, this "moral" thing you speak of Falkoner is all a matter of perspective. The reason it was immoral is because of the genetic disorders that would insue. This has put a bad connotation on incest. So, if these genetic maladies didn't occur, then it would NOT be looked down upon. Its sociology and psychology at its best.

Why is polygamy considered immoral then?

"perspective"

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Aug 16 2008, 6:45 am Praetor Post #362

layin' in the cut

Quote from Kaias
Quote from Praetor
I found it amusing whoever said the thing about the dogs on the island... even if they were straight, it wouldn't matter... if they were all male and they weren't fucking each other, they would still be dead, yet they would be unsatisfied lol.
You are a complete moron to assume that all the dogs in that analogy would be the same gender.
Generally (though I admit, not always...) gay refers to male homosexuality, and lesbian refers to female homosexuality.

Quote from LegacyWeapon
I find Falkoner quite pitiful for all his gay-bashing. It actually sickens me to read some of the things he said.
Nice argumentum ad personam.
It wasn't meant to be, it was my own opinion. It was not meant to bring the argument to Falkoner himself. Up until I read this topic, I thought he was a pretty cool guy, but after reading it, I don't know if I can look at anything he says the same way again.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 16 2008, 7:35 am by Praetor.

this too shall pass

Aug 16 2008, 8:42 am Fierce Post #363

Quote from Falkoner
If there were a couple of hot bi chicks willing to sleep with you and each other, and you had a condom or they were stdfree and had birth control, wouldn't you take the opportunity? I certainly would. That would be hot. ;)

No, I wouldn't. Morals.

You would totally not sleep with them? Are you serious? These 'morals' you have are nothing but homosexual bashing. Let me ask you a question, sir. Why do you dislike homosexuals? Your morals are nothing but one of another person trying to control another person's life.

None.

Aug 16 2008, 4:00 pm Falkoner Post #364

It wasn't meant to be, it was my own opinion. It was not meant to bring the argument to Falkoner himself. Up until I read this topic, I thought he was a pretty cool guy, but after reading it, I don't know if I can look at anything he says the same way again.

And why not? Because I have higher standards than the majority of SeN?

You would totally not sleep with them? Are you serious? These 'morals' you have are nothing but homosexual bashing. Let me ask you a question, sir. Why do you dislike homosexuals? Your morals are nothing but one of another person trying to control another person's life.

My religion, which is why I disagree with the majority of SeN, my religion has much more strict, and IMO, better morals than most others, it still seems wrong to me that society will accept the same sex being married and/or having sex, while they frown so badly on polygamy and incest. What is the real difference? I find all three wrong, but for some reason society has made out homosexuality to be "ok."

None.

Aug 16 2008, 4:22 pm A_of-s_t Post #365

aka idmontie

Your religion stems from deep rooted ideas of morality that come from a different time. We find homosexuality okay because we believe in the freedom of choice and the believe in acceptance. These ideals were not as strong and accepted back when these religions were created. These texts may speak of freedom and accpetance, but they will end up contridicting themselves on WHO should be accpeted -- and if not in the text, then in practice.

You wonder why polygamy and incest are still looked down upon while homosexuality is accepted? Perspective. Polygamy is looked upon as an Eastern idea that appears wrong to residents of the United States. It isn't wrong, its just a different view, and it is accepted in certain areas. With incest, homosexuality won't produce a genetically inferior human being.

Its all about perspective.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Aug 16 2008, 4:29 pm Falkoner Post #366

With incest, homosexuality won't produce a genetically inferior human being.

Neither will incest with protection or having one partner unable to have children, this perspective is sickening to me, but I've let this topic go on too long..

None.

Aug 16 2008, 8:57 pm A_of-s_t Post #367

aka idmontie

Thank you for ignoring the rest of my post.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Aug 16 2008, 10:32 pm Fierce Post #368

Quote from Falkoner

And why not? Because I have higher standards than the majority of SeN?

My religion, which is why I disagree with the majority of SeN, my religion has much more strict, and IMO, better morals than most others, it still seems wrong to me that society will accept the same sex being married and/or having sex, while they frown so badly on polygamy and incest. What is the real difference? I find all three wrong, but for some reason society has made out homosexuality to be "ok."
I do not wish to insult your religion or any others religion, but what is the benefit of disliking the idea of homosexuality and the likes? You either will have to get on with your life and not worry about others OR you could be a prick and just try to enjoy 'punishing' others. Don't get me wrong, in some ways homosexuality goes too far. ie: gay parades, gays get to protest at schools, etc.. That is wrong. Oh and the people who don't care for them unless they hit on you, that is wrong too. Gays have every right, just simply say "no thanks" and don't be offended. Don't be an ass.

None.

Aug 16 2008, 10:50 pm Praetor Post #369

layin' in the cut

The thing that I mentioned about the hitting on me thing is that 1. it is easily avoided. In every city, there are known gay hangouts. 2. it is very awkward. I'm not saying its wrong, I'm just saying i don't like it when dudes hit on to me.

but the all-out hate that Falkoner shows is despicable. O, and what's that again... o yes, Matthew 22:36-40.

Falkoner, bible sucker, maybe you should not contradict yourself so openly.

this too shall pass

Aug 16 2008, 11:40 pm Falkoner Post #370

but the all-out hate that Falkoner shows is despicable. O, and what's that again... o yes, Matthew 22:36-40.

Falkoner, bible sucker, maybe you should not contradict yourself so openly.

I am loving my neighbor, I just hate the actions they are choosing to do, many sections of the bible clearly are against homosexuality. And there's no need to be throwing names out, you can argue without name-calling.

You either will have to get on with your life and not worry about others OR you could be a prick and just try to enjoy 'punishing' others.

I'd say you're being more of a prick letting people screw themselves up, if I see a baby playing with a knife, should I justt let them keep going, and "get on with my own life," or should I try and stop that kind of behavior? The same applies for many things, we wouldn't get very far if all we cared about was ourselves.

Thank you for ignoring the rest of my post.

My post answered at least the last section of your second paragraph.

None.

Aug 17 2008, 12:08 am Fierce Post #371

Quote from Falkoner
You either will have to get on with your life and not worry about others OR you could be a prick and just try to enjoy 'punishing' others.

I'd say you're being more of a prick letting people screw themselves up, if I see a baby playing with a knife, should I justt let them keep going, and "get on with my own life," or should I try and stop that kind of behavior? The same applies for many things, we wouldn't get very far if all we cared about was ourselves.

How are homosexuals screwing themselves up? Also, how the hell does a baby playing with a knife come into this discussion? You keep bringing up subjects which keeps going off topic. Fine, I'll play your game.

Lets talk about the religious freaks out there. They hear about a woman having an abortion, and they want something done about it. It's none of their GD business. You don't know the conditions of their life style, you don't know what they are doing it for so the religious freaks need to keep their nose out of other people's business.

By you saying that "If I see a baby playing with a knife, should I justt let them keep going, and "get on with my own life," or should I try and stop that kind of behavior?" you are being a complete ass AND you're making yourself look arrogant. You try to take my statement to a different level, and you failed. Anyone in their right mind would stop a baby from playing with a knife. It's the parent's fault for keeping the knife in reach of the child AS WELL AS they aren't watching them.

Religion should NEVER have influenced a person so deep that it takes control of their opinions. That brings so much hatred into the world. A person should have their beliefs set aside from their faith. When those two mix, an opinion becomes corrupted. The opinion of your own becomes someone else's personal opinion which is a method to control others.

Anyway, what do you gain from such disliking to people? You can't change **** in this world, so I guess you'll have to deal with it.

None.

Aug 17 2008, 12:32 am Falkoner Post #372

Anyway, what do you gain from such disliking to people? You can't change **** in this world, so I guess you'll have to deal with it.

If there were enough people like me, I could change "****" in this world. The world is becoming more and more corrupt, so there are less and less people like me.

None.

Aug 17 2008, 12:51 am Kaias Post #373

Quote from Praetor
Quote from Kaias
Quote from Praetor
I found it amusing whoever said the thing about the dogs on the island... even if they were straight, it wouldn't matter... if they were all male and they weren't fucking each other, they would still be dead, yet they would be unsatisfied lol.
You are a complete moron to assume that all the dogs in that analogy would be the same gender.
Generally (though I admit, not always...) gay refers to male homosexuality, and lesbian refers to female homosexuality.
Assumptions assumptions.

None.

Aug 17 2008, 1:09 am A_of-s_t Post #374

aka idmontie

I HATE ALL THESE GODDAMN HOMOSEXUALS WALKIN' 'ROUND LIKE THEY OWN THE PLACE, I SWEAR, WHY CAN'T I GET TO PARADE ABOUT BEING PART OF THE ARIAN RACE? O WAIT:

This topic is getting off track, stop attacking the people making the arguements and start attacking the ideas themselves. Stop referring to Falkoner and start finding some antitheses.

And, Falkoner, by ignoring the rest of my post, does that acknowledge that it is right? Because that is what I am assuming, and untill you acknowledge it, I cannot continue my arguement because it would become an arguement to the point of disgust.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Aug 17 2008, 1:20 am Falkoner Post #375

I already acknowledged your post, reread what I said, I didn't directly address it, I just said something in relation to it.

Ugh, I'm so tired of this topic, as the last 10 pages can show, it goes no where, and unless I see something I can seriously peck at, I don't plan on posting again.

None.

Aug 17 2008, 2:28 am A_of-s_t Post #376

aka idmontie

This topic has lived out its course of life and is now going nowhere. It has become a topic of personal attacks, and by this, I hereby close this topic with the reason that the topic is "Going Nowhere." If anyone would like to reopen this topic, PM me, or make a new topic with a different question/poll.

<<LOCKED>>

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Options
Pages: < 1 « 17 18 19
  Back to forum