Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: A remake of another map
A remake of another map
Aug 7 2010, 12:51 am
By: Joey  

Aug 7 2010, 12:51 am Joey Post #1

Hey sorry for being completely clueless when it comes to map making but i do have an idea for a map that was huge back in the day.

This remake is an Warcraft 3 map called Footmen vs Grunts. There are 5 people per a team with three lanes to go down. The game play is sort of like a combination between Dota, Footmen Frenzy, and and Nexyus Wars/ Castle fight. The goal is to kill the other teams Nexus/Command center.

You start out with a single command center that continuiously spawns a marine every 5 seconds. Within this command center are numerous upgrades like +def and +dmg; 5 of each. Along with those upgrades like stim pack and the +10hp. Behind it is a Barracks, Gateway, and spawning pool. Each of these are containing other units of the various races. Once you purchase these, they are pemantely added to your command centers spawning count down. (i.e. you buy a zealot that spawns every 10 seconds, and along with the marine that spawns every 5 seconds, you get a zealot every 10. ) I'de like to add atleast 10 units of each race. these units also come with upgrades but instead of per a unit, its seperated by range/melee or for terran bio/mech.

the three lanes:
There's a huge lane going down the middle that connects the two teams quart yards. this is where most people will fight and two minor lanes where you will go if you want to flank another team.

Heros: i want to have a LOT of heros and they can very a lot.

this is the basic layout, i apologize for the crude use of paint and the awful explanations. ):

None.

Options
  Back to forum