Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege 7 - Alpha
Temple Siege 7 - Alpha
Aug 1 2010, 12:32 pm
By: FlashBeer
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Aug 11 2010, 2:07 am OlimarandLouie Post #41

I would love to play this but the computer I use to play SC1 is completely unusable to due many computer viruses. :cecil:

None.

Aug 11 2010, 3:49 am ThedarKOne Post #42

So fix it? Avast! and Malwarebyte's Anti-malware should take care of you. Run MalwareByte's first, and then put Avast on there once it'c clean.

Let me know if that doesn't work :) You can just PM me if you like.

None.

Aug 14 2010, 4:06 am FlashBeer Post #43

I have been a bit busy, but still trying to work on the map.

For Summoner I have decreased his auto-spawn timer, reduced plague cost from 200e to 130e (more use for grind harassers), dark swarm slighty slows down foes, and changed his L3. Summoner's L3 now turns all nearby zerglings into high damage infested terrans, spawns 8 lurkers (attack once), and stuns nearby foes just enough to be hit by the infested terrans.

I have also been working on a few of the glitches and a few tweaks. I'll try to get it done when I get back.

None.

Aug 14 2010, 5:36 pm ThedarKOne Post #44

Sweet, Summy's L3 should be useful now.

Is the newest version uploaded yet?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 14 2010, 6:40 pm by ThedarKOne.

None.

Aug 16 2010, 7:18 am FlashBeer Post #45

Alright, I have finished making the Summoner changes (his L2 is a little quicker as well). Fixed assimilators being attacked, and enemy units burrowing. As well as a few other small things. (v4) Took longer than it sounds.

None.

Aug 16 2010, 9:47 pm ThedarKOne Post #46

SHWEET!

None.

Aug 17 2010, 7:32 am FlashBeer Post #47

deleted some unneccessary triggers (also removed ED for now)
old style shields for all buildings except cannons and pylons (sims are back to previous stats)
assault's L1 causes units beneath it to gain mana as fast as lvl1 (wasn't suppose to drain before)
glitch fixing
did a few terrain changes, will make more later. (v4.1)

None.

Aug 17 2010, 10:56 am ThedarKOne Post #48

Assault's L1 makes you gain mana now?

None.

Aug 17 2010, 5:50 pm FlashBeer Post #49

You don't gain additional mana, your mana regeneration rate is slowed to the starting regen rate.

None.

Aug 17 2010, 9:42 pm ThedarKOne Post #50

Ah... I see...

None.

Aug 18 2010, 9:38 am fat_flying_pigs Post #51

Woah, I never knew this thread existed!

Reminder to make Armored Refineries give +1 morale
The dragoon's final was chained that one game. He just kept using it over and over (or does base increase regen rate?)
Is the arbiter supposed to be invurn at temple?
Is the probe invurn at temple? (<-op)
TRIGGER LAG!?!

Blocky Terrain in some places.

None.

Aug 18 2010, 10:53 am ThedarKOne Post #52

I would have to agree with the terrain thing. I'm not a big fan of the new terrain tbh. And there does seem to be some slight trigger lag.

None.

Aug 18 2010, 11:38 pm Leon-037 Post #53

Yeah it's slightly but it's no problem, usually the people lag anyways but I wanted to ask a question. Are the Supply Depots from the Firebat usable by anyone else? The bunker is only given to me when I get near it but it's not given to my partner.

Another thing, for some reason, Warrior's Spell 2 was lasting forever and the DTs didn't go away until like a minute later and he kept attacking and being able to spread them all over the map.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 19 2010, 12:04 am by Leon-037.

None.

Aug 19 2010, 5:34 am FlashBeer Post #54

The Engineer's turrets/tanks are only controllable by himself.
Do you have a replay or more information on when/how it glitched?

I am working on changing the terrain for better pathing and action.

None.

Aug 19 2010, 8:18 am Leon-037 Post #55

Ah alright then. Sorry though I couldn't manage to save a replay because my computer froze shortly after. All I knew was that it was night time and the enemy was Warrior and he used his spell but it didn't go away and then I saw some of his DTs tried to wall me. I'll get a replay if it does happen again.

None.

Aug 21 2010, 9:28 pm UnholyUrine Post #56

Okay,

so I've been thinking about the new Psion.

I definately like the more streamlined approach. I'm sorry that I fucked it up a bit trying to make the Void interesting.. It's just too confusing for it to work.

I have some new ideas... that may make psion more interesting.

My proposal is that we switch its current L2 with its Current L3, and make Gravity Flux drain Mana.
This is interesting because now the dragoon only needs L2 to be cloaked at night, and will have a nice construct to work with. With this we can lower the raw strength of psion a bit.
I want the new gravity flux to not only slow enemies down, but also drain mana (around 50-80 mana.. or anything significantly more than Volt's L3) I always wanted to the Psion to be more Anti-Mage... and the Void by itself isn't good enough (tho I haven't really tried it with the new mechanics)
Since psion would get cloak in L2, he can play a better defensive role. And his mobility will increase with L2.

Null storm also needs to be stronger somehow... I think it's because the carriers are ordered to move every few seconds or so because the spread from each other, thereby screwing up their targets. Dun't know if this is a good balance intention, but it needs to be improved XD.

Anyways, just throwing the idea out.

None.

Aug 23 2010, 8:50 pm Leon-037 Post #57

Well another bug but with the spawn now. I dunno but the spawn for the yellow computer stopped teleporting the units at the bottom to the warp gate and they started piling up. I think it's cause of the other team increasing the Spawn Number? Anyways, here's a replay if you need one.

Attachments:
Temple Siege 7 (Spawn Bug).rep
Hits: 3 Size: 427.45kb

None.

Aug 23 2010, 10:21 pm UnholyUrine Post #58

I've seen that glitch before.. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Razing the Gateways.

None.

Aug 24 2010, 3:30 pm Tempz Post #59

Great Version of the map... I like alot of the fixes you made

None.

Aug 30 2010, 5:51 am FlashBeer Post #60

Newer Terrain! Removed some blockiness, changed some pathing, and added more variety.
Fixed the spawning problem (UU, you forgot to change the DC everytime spawn # was upped)
(v5)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 30 2010, 6:02 am by FlashBeer.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum