Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: All Points Bulletin
All Points Bulletin
Jul 7 2010, 4:15 pm
By: LoveLess  

Jun 17 2011, 3:55 pm LoveLess Post #21

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from poison_us
That's how not only people can exit a car, do a 180-degree turn, and instantly shoot with perfect (allowing for 2-3 weapon random misses) shots on you about 20 meters away with an mp5, but do it faster than you can use your sniper rifle to kill them in what would've been two shots.

No, I'm done with the game. Off-mission stuff like driving the grief truck is fun, but to get any decent gun in the game you have to complete missions. Missions are impossible to stand more than 2 or 3, MAYBE 4 because of the severe lack of balancing in APB matching. Seriously, I've been paired up with two 195-rating people, one of which was a general and the other something just below that. 2v1 when it's nowhere near being fair is NOT fun.

Also, funny you mention this:
Quote from LoveLess
  • 'gold guns' have very slight advantages over their vanilla counterparts and some kind of feature on top of that. They can make things a little difficult at times, but after a while they just feel like any other weapon.

That brings me to another point: for all that we were bitching about cashop bullshit, there's only one person who I played with that had cashop stuff, and the bastard was even worse than me. So I take my spoken, but never typed, statement of this being an even worse cashop game than RoM.

Which leads to yet another point (though somewhat off-topic): For all of its other shortcomings, League of Legends did FTP right. You don't make a cashop for people to get better gear in a FREE TO PLAY game. The whole point of FTP is so that the player can enjoy a game, and pay for it if they like it. Riot made it so that the only real difference between people that had paid money and those that had not was purely cosmetic. The gold guns aren't a terrible amount stronger than their regular counterparts, but that's not the point.

TL;DR: I uninstalled this game because I can't handle the shitty way G1 or whatever company still thinks PunkBuster can block anything runs this game. And with that, I bid this thread adieu.
I sense QQ

I bet if you just rolled through people and lost 1 out of 20 matches, you would say the same thing you are now. That the game is unfair. That's just how any shooter makes people feel and they never realize it.

Anyway, the game isn't for everyone. Personally, I only win maybe 5 out of 6 of my missions with my friends on vent and they STILL cry hackers when they finally roll up on people that put up a fight. I mean... I just sit there and laugh. If people can find an excuse for why they lost, it is thrown up there. In LoL, you say it was the hero. Or 'that shouldn't have happened,' yet we all know you just got gang-banged and didn't want to admit it. A game like APB brings this up to the surface much quicker.

None.

Jun 17 2011, 5:40 pm Riney Post #22

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from LoveLess
Quote from Riney
And the amount of aim botters is still as high as when they shut it down.
Incorrect 90% of the time. People are just better at the game, actually know what recoil, tactics, communication are and understand it's concepts better. The guys I play with, and even myself occasionally, get called hackers when we beat down guys worse than us.

It's just a skill difference. If you want to see proof of hackers, I can show them to you one of these days.

Incorrect. People dont jump out of a car and WITH momentum, and pull off a perfect 100% accuracy after being flung mid air.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jun 19 2011, 4:27 am LoveLess Post #23

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Riney
Quote from LoveLess
Quote from Riney
And the amount of aim botters is still as high as when they shut it down.
Incorrect 90% of the time. People are just better at the game, actually know what recoil, tactics, communication are and understand it's concepts better. The guys I play with, and even myself occasionally, get called hackers when we beat down guys worse than us.

It's just a skill difference. If you want to see proof of hackers, I can show them to you one of these days.

Incorrect. People dont jump out of a car and WITH momentum, and pull off a perfect 100% accuracy after being flung mid air.
When the TTK is less than a second for every weapon within their role's range, you'll find yourself dying a lot and raging. Besides, you know you can start aiming before you even exit a vehicle, right? Plus... When you exit a vehicle, you don't fling anywhere. Closest to being flung is when you glitch on-top a vehicle.

None.

Jun 23 2011, 6:21 am poison_us Post #24

Back* from the grave

Decided to give it another try, mostly because DM and Lingie won't get on LoL for long, or RoM at all. This was the result:

Options
  Back to forum