Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: Upgrading RAM
Upgrading RAM
Jun 24 2010, 4:39 pm
By: NudeRaider  

Nov 2 2010, 10:23 pm rockz Post #21

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

If your part hasn't failed within 2 years of buying it, chances are it will last a full 5. That's what I meant. Bad stuff shows itself early on usually.

I'm amazed they have CL, but not RtC or CR. In my bios, setting the speed is based on the CPU speed (mine is cpu/11, and my mutiplier is 11). I tried finding a picture of a cpuz with dual channel mode active with that motherboard, but I couldn't find anything.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Nov 3 2010, 3:08 am ShadowFlare Post #22

That Wikipedia entry also mentions what I mentioned about number of memory chips having to match. It mentions not just the total number of chips, but also about the number per side having to match. You should take a look at them and see if they match. A newer memory module could have half as many memory chips than an older one of the same capacity. Also, ones from different companies could potentially use arrangements that aren't compatible with each other.

None.

Nov 3 2010, 3:29 am NudeRaider Post #23

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Oh right, I did check that, I just forgot to include the result in my reply. Both RAMs have 4 groups of 4 chips (2 groups on each side). So each RAM has a total of 16 chips.

Options
  Back to forum