Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Rine Arena Beta
Rine Arena Beta
Jun 17 2010, 4:26 pm
By: Cole  

Jun 17 2010, 4:26 pm Cole Post #1

It's a pretty simple map and similar to footman wars in wc3. Your command center spawns marines; You kill other marines for money. Use money to get upgrades or buy mercenaries. Currently only 1 out of 3 tiers of mercenaries are done, and heros are not implemented yet.

If you played Marine Arena during the beta this map is based off of that map. However Marine Arena was very laggy at times with its immense amount of triggers. This map only uses triggers to set up allies and leaderboards. All spawning is completely based off of abilities, effects, and behaviors. This includes mercenary building creation, tier leveling, and spawning.

I have designed 3 heros and several abilities for them in the data editor. Current hero abilities are: Leech health (aura), increase health(aura), recall, missile attack (missiles fire at all nearby enemies), revive 10 dead marines, and double attack speed (aura). Heros are not yet implemented so you will have to place them manually to check them out.

The data editor is incredibly powerful, and I suggest everyone check it out. You can probably replace most of your triggers!

Attachments:
RineArena.SC2Map
Hits: 8 Size: 163.12kb

None.

Jun 22 2010, 7:53 am BeDazed Post #2

This is already out on SC2. Someone else already had made it <_<..

None.

Jun 22 2010, 9:37 am Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from BeDazed
This is already out on SC2. Someone else already had made it <_<..
Doesn't mean that you cannot make it better or different!

Zealots should get an armor bonus for their shields, too.

Upgrading Marine's HP seems to be better than Mercenaries. But I've only played vs idling computers.

Options
  Back to forum